Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:56 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,038,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Kinda surprised you didn't see this coming or talk about it ahead of time. Unless one of both of the kids is hideously ugly they'll end up "trying things out". It's pretty normal, and there is no biological connection to stop them.

You should talk to your husband about it now.
This is sound advice.Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-20-2017 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: off topic andpotential hijack

Old 02-17-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
What do you think is happening if they are sleeping in the same room and it only has ONE BED?
If so, they need two beds. They shouldn't be forced to share a bed in order to spend quiet time being teenagers together in privacy.

They are more likely talking than not. Maybe drinking some alcohol. I am not saying they aren't doing ANYTHING wrong in there.

Teenagers often retreat to their rooms, these two are likely just keeping one another company

They are bonded

Old 02-17-2017, 02:08 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,361,119 times
OP, I think this is something you and your husband should talk to a professional counselor about, then do what s/he advises. Teen siblings should not be having sex - whether they are blood-related or not.

btw removing the door is not going to solve anything at all.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:26 PM

When they are gone, go thru their stuff.

BE VERY careful. It's an invasion of privacy

Get another bed in there so they aren't sitting so close

You may find drugs. If so don't admit going into their room. Get proof otherwise.

A few of my best friends went thru a phase of using drugs with their brothers

And let me tell you, they became best friends instantly sneaking into each others rooms snorting it

Former bickerers now former druggies together. Then sit for hours doing nothing but spacing out and talking
about the word. Or some other weird task. I wasn't into drugs so it was just odd to me.

Both times it seemed to happen overnight, siblings suddenly become buddies bonding over drugs

They may be on the internet listening to x rated comedians like George Carlin

Doing anything not allowed in the home otherwise.

To make a perverted false accusation without proof, I would be fearful of ruining my relationships permanently. That's hard to get over for kids

ALSO...in case they are considering it, you've already accused them so it pushes them into doing it even more. Don't help the process along

They have nothing to loose when they already got "credit" for doing a sin, might as well do it now.

JMHO

Old 02-17-2017, 02:29 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,486,761 times
I think you should try to catch them in the act. God forbid, they aren't doing anything "bad" and you accuse them of such! It could really ruin your relationships.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:31 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,486,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I think alot of parents here or overall, have X rated minds. It is possible but not probable that anything results from sharing a bathroom

I would never use the term banging. That sounds of a perverted teenager in and of itself

Falsely accusing your children, a brother and sister of having anything but a loving relationship is DANGEROUS and CRUEL. All because they do what teenagers do, go into the room and close the door. Maybe one is even sleeping in the room, means nothing.

The truth will come out if the parent is alert enough. Then it will be time to address what happened between them as normal and natural. Go from there. Establish rules such as no closed doors. If nothing has happened, discuss things in case it needs to be headed off.

Just. Don't. Freak. Out.

It is normal behavior

Who knows, if it is true, maybe they will fall in love, marry, and have a wonderful life together.
I don't think we have x rated minds. I just think we remember how we were as teenagers. Its not totally out of the realm of possibility for two teens, unrelated, to become attracted to each other. Especially if they live together. Sometimes familiarity breeds attraction.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think we have x rated minds. I just think we remember how we were as teenagers. Its not totally out of the realm of possibility for two teens, unrelated, to become attracted to each other. Especially if they live together. Sometimes familiarity breeds attraction.
With this I agree. Yet it certainly isn't the first thing which comes to my mind with the info given.
FTR, attraction to a step sibling or not, isn't wrong. It can bit of a bonus (nice feeling) considering it doesn't elevate too much into something uncontrollable

And i am glad you told her not to accuse them. It is too easy to figure out the truth without ruining a relationship. They will then feel shame just showing any normal affection with one another from here on out. I mean it would be awfully kinky for a parent to approach a child with such a perverted accusation since this is so unfounded. Gross. Too easy to learn the truth if you are patient. Teenagers aren't that smart

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 02-17-2017 at 02:51 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 02:54 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,438,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
If you didn't have 1900 posts, I'd question if you knew what the purpose is of CD forums.
Right?!

Old 02-17-2017, 03:36 PM

11,578 posts, read 6,829,663 times
No word yet from OP?

Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM

723 posts, read 1,016,085 times
Default set a trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozmarietodson View Post
I don’t really know how to start this off. You be the judge on am I blowing this out of proportion or no.
But I’m almost certain that my Biological son 16 and steo daughter 17 are sleeping together and by that I mean they’re ****ING!

This will be a sort of a vent, but I will show you the evidence and you help me to decide on what should I do next. I think that I’m going crazy this makes me so ANGRY!

My friend sent me this article:

How to keep your sanity when it seems like everyone is out to drive you crazy

It provided some really great tips that I haven't seen anywhere before, not only in that article but others as well. But even though I got my emotions under control I still don't know how to sort this situation out.

I don’t have any solid evidence that they are actually having sex, but it has been super weird and all of my red flags have gone off for the past few months.

It all started few months ago, I started to notice that they are spending more time together, but it was nothing big, Step Daughter helped out my son to do his homework and they watched movies together. I thought that this is really nice! They’re finally bonding after a year of living together.

But then it started to get weird. They spent a LOT of time together. I noticed that my son very often in my step daughters room and they always close the door, so I have no idea what is going on in there. I don’t really want to break the trust of my kids and don’t storm in the room, I always knock.

But last night I woke up very early because I needed the toilet, it was about half an hour before everyone in our house wakes up and I heard my son coming out of my step daughters room. My heart was pounding and I had no idea what the hell had just happened. But do you think this is normal?

I haven’t talked to my Husband about this, how could I? I don’t have any solid evidence and I can’t possibly ask the kids, because what if I’m wrong? I really don’t know what to do can you give me any tips or ideas?
Just try putting some LEGOS on the floor at night outside her room and just wait you will hear a scream when whoever is in the hallway is up. Another option would be some match box or hot wheels too mixed in with the LEGOS. Or you can set up an infa-red camera just to cover the hallway. You might want to send the son to boarding school. A direct confrontation will not end well. You could try talking to the daughter seperately? You can seek a psychologist's help. Technically since they are not blood relatives it is not incest. Weird though, tough situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting