Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:25 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Step-siblings are not incest, sure parents may object but why would I want to stay at the house of someone who violates my privacy instead of actually talking about it like a non-control-freak?

I'd be happy to meet my parents even if they did something like this, I just wouldn't want to sleep at their house. Breach of trust.
If a child is having sex in their parents home, especially with their step-sibling, their actions have proven them unworthy of trust.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:27 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We have teens in our home. The teens have girl friends. We have rules.

No reason for any teen to be alone with another in a bedroom with the door closed. I don't see any good thing happening with that. Does not matter if they are already having sex. Parents should already have rules in place. Kids need to respect those rules. Parents do not ever have to respect the rights of the kids. You are not their friends. They do not make the rules. They live in the parents home.

Any kid that wants to go against the rules can do so when they are legal adults and living on their own. We have a 19 year old son that has a lot of freedom. We do not let him have sex in our home. We have a 15 year old and the same applies. No sex in the home.

Other parents can make up the rules of their own homes. Live your life anyway that you want. As for my wife and me, yes we know kids have sex. We know it happens all the time. We do not condone it or support it. We do not allow it just because it happens. Standards are set and not meant to be lowered to what the World may be doing. We set high standards and expect the kids to live with those standards.
We can wait for OP to chip in. We don't know whether they even had a discussion of what the rules were beforehand. With a lack of communication going on you simply don't know.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
If a child is having sex in their parents home, especially with their step-sibling, their actions have proven them unworthy of trust.
It is the parents' responsibility to have the discussion beforehand, not barge in after the fact to make up for not being able to talk.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:35 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,025,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We have teens in our home. The teens have girl friends. We have rules.

No reason for any teen to be alone with another in a bedroom with the door closed. I don't see any good thing happening with that. Does not matter if they are already having sex. Parents should already have rules in place. Kids need to respect those rules. Parents do not ever have to respect the rights of the kids. You are not their friends. They do not make the rules. They live in the parents home.
I completely disagree. If you do not respect them, expect the same treatment in return.

Quote:
Any kid that wants to go against the rules can do so when they are legal adults and living on their own. We have a 19 year old son that has a lot of freedom. We do not let him have sex in our home. We have a 15 year old and the same applies. No sex in the home.
With this I absolutely agree I wouldn't support that either. We teach sex is designed for marriage

Quote:
Other parents can make up the rules of their own homes. Live your life anyway that you want. As for my wife and me, yes we know kids have sex. We know it happens all the time. We do not condone it or support it. We do not allow it just because it happens. Standards are set and not meant to be lowered to what the World may be doing. We set high standards and expect the kids to live with those standards.
Wonderful!!!

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 02-17-2017 at 01:53 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 01:36 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
but no kid of mine is having sex under my roof!
So your concern is that your kid is getting more action than you are?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Tell your husband your suspicions. Remove the bedroom doors.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:43 PM

Come to think of it, it is NOT common but I do know one person who has a brother that is married but they still live with his mom. If his mom is OK with it then it isn't a problem. I highly doubt that she requires them to leave the house to have sex.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I always thought Mike Brady designing a house which included a shared bathroom between 3 boys and 3 girls who were not blood related would result in something out of Caligula.
I think alot of parents here or overall, have X rated minds. It is possible but not probable that anything results from sharing a bathroom

I would never use the term banging. That sounds of a perverted teenager in and of itself

Falsely accusing your children, a brother and sister of having anything but a loving relationship is DANGEROUS and CRUEL. All because they do what teenagers do, go into the room and close the door. Maybe one is even sleeping in the room, means nothing.

The truth will come out if the parent is alert enough. Then it will be time to address what happened between them as normal and natural. Go from there. Establish rules such as no closed doors. If nothing has happened, discuss things in case it needs to be headed off.

Just. Don't. Freak. Out.

It is normal behavior

Who knows, if it is true, maybe they will fall in love, marry, and have a wonderful life together.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:53 PM

8,051 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozmarietodson View Post
I haven’t talked to my Husband about this, how could I? I don’t have any solid evidence and I can’t possibly ask the kids, because what if I’m wrong? I really don’t know what to do can you give me any tips or ideas?
Kinda surprised you didn't see this coming or talk about it ahead of time. Unless one of both of the kids is hideously ugly they'll end up "trying things out". It's pretty normal, and there is no biological connection to stop them.

You should talk to your husband about it now.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
I think alot of parents here or overall, have X rated minds. It is possible but not probable that anything results from sharing a bathroom

I would never use the term banging. That sounds of a perverted teenager in and of itself

Falsely accusing your children, a brother and sister of having anything but a loving relationship is DANGEROUS and CRUEL. All because they do what teenagers do, go into the room and close the door. Maybe one is even sleeping in the room, means nothing.

The truth will come out if the parent is alert enough. Then it will be time to address what happened between them as normal and natural. Go from there. Establish rules such as no closed doors. If nothing has happened, discuss things in case it needs to be headed off.

Just. Don't. Freak. Out.

It is normal behavior

Who knows, if it is true, maybe they will fall in love, marry, and have a wonderful life together.
What do you think is happening if they are sleeping in the same room and it only has ONE BED?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.