Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 06:26 AM

19,999 posts, read 30,516,878 times

Advertisements

Maybe you can call the police station or visit there to confirm what was told to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 AM

3,990 posts, read 8,278,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCUE View Post
I have heard that in some states that it's standard protocol that if you call ambulance or fire that the police would also come.

Anyway wrt to your daycare situation, I wouldn't take my child back there. I'm more concerned that the daycare owner did not immediately reach out to the parents via email to tell them what happened instead she's leaving it for folks to speculate. It could be anything but she owes you a duty of care to keep you informed. In my experiences with 5 or 6 daycares/preschools in 3 different states, given d ages of the children involved, the directors/owners tend to over communicate and this one isn't doing that which for me is quite suspicious
A call for an ambulance brings a police officer here, too because they might be able to get there first and begin procedures to save a life before the ambulance gets there.
I advise asking questions of day care owner and the police. My niece on her first day in a home daycare died of SIDS when the owner placed her on her belly to sleep and did not check on her.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:06 AM
KCZ

4,720 posts, read 3,795,195 times
Again, you need more info, either from the police, CPS, or whatever govt agency oversees daycare centers there. All this is just speculation.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:39 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,111,213 times
Just at a glance this stands out.

She lied that she was sick.

She probably didn't take the child in, but was taken in for questioning.

No way in heck my child would go back there..

Old 01-28-2017, 12:52 PM

13,495 posts, read 18,353,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobseeker2013 View Post
I came to pick up my baby boy after work and cops had surrounded the residential house where the day care is. There was a yellow tape blocking people from coming up the driveway. I had to give my name and my son's name for the cops to bring my son out of the house. He was fine. The cops could only say that one of the children had a medical incident and went to the hospital. I am assuming day care lady took the child but I don't know. I called the day care lady later tonight and she said she was sick and would not be open tomorrow and would give me an update over the weekend. I said are you OK? Because I thought only the child was the one sick. She said she is OK and can't do daycare tomorrow. She seemed really down.

I'm thinking what happened that there were 8 cops by her house and she can't be open? Are they going to shut her down? Do we need a new daycare?
Nothing on your local TV or radio? Unlikely anyone here will know.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:12 PM

8,037 posts, read 10,566,732 times
Quote:
Day care lady called back. She said last night she was at the police station, was interrogated and cleared. A 5 month old had an accident but is ok. She is closed for the next week because she has a home inspector coming mid next week. Then she would be officially cleared. She said this is the first time in 20 years this has happened.
Nope. 5 month olds don't have accidents. It's not like they trip and fall. If a 5-month old got hurt, it was due to her negligence or lack of supervision. I can't believe you would even consider taking your child back to this daycare.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:08 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,421,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Around here, if you call 911 for a medical emergency you're likely to get a fire truck (they are almost always the first responders), a police car, the rescue squad and an ambulance.....but EIGHT policeman? I don't think so.
WOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
A call for an ambulance brings a police officer here, too because they might be able to get there first and begin procedures to save a life before the ambulance gets there.
I advise asking questions of day care owner and the police. My niece on her first day in a home daycare died of SIDS when the owner placed her on her belly to sleep and did not check on her.
I am so sorry about the death of your niece.

My husband has a number of serious health issues and I have needed to call 911 perhaps a dozen times in the last decade (in two different cities). I recall that, all but one time, it was just one ambulance with three or four trained paramedics that showed up. I can hardly imagine a scenario where a firetruck, police car, rescue vehicle and an ambulance (or even just police & an ambulance) were standard procedures, but every community is different.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM

4,862 posts, read 8,021,232 times
1. You drive up and see police.

2. You see tape.

3. They bring out your child.

4. No one will tell you anything.

5. What happened?

6... Why is taking the child back a consideration? If there was a health issue or a tramatic
event you need to know..

Old 01-28-2017, 05:52 PM

618 posts, read 947,545 times
Ok I talked to daycare provider. Looks I misunderstood her the first time or she just didn't want to say . What I thought was the child being OK was her saying the family was OK. The 4 month old child died of SIDS in her care which explains the yellow tape and her interrogation and being cleared of police. Now it makes more sense. Apparently the police are now more open in discussing so I will call them next.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:26 PM

8,037 posts, read 10,566,732 times
Quote:
Ok I talked to daycare provider. Looks I misunderstood her the first time or she just didn't want to say . What I thought was the child being OK was her saying the family was OK. The 4 month old child died of SIDS in her care which explains the yellow tape and her interrogation and being cleared of police. Now it makes more sense. Apparently the police are now more open in discussing so I will call them next.
There is still absolutely no way I would ever leave a child in her care. No way. First, she's lied to you about what happened several times. First she was sick, then she wasn't, then the child had an accident, now it was SIDS...

No way I would be going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting