Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 02:03 PM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,410 times

Advertisements

You all are living in fantasy land if you think that baby's crap is the only human fecal matter inside the dining area of that restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 02:25 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
I think she could have picked someplace else, heck even her lap would have been better BUT parenting can make you crazy at times.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
wow, you all are a riot. I dont have filthy habits, upper middle class american. People are strange about this stuff. Now if she had the baby bare assed on a table I would be like...geezze someone get the hand sanitizer. But a tiny infant, on a chair, on a pad with a mom who was likely very frazzled trying to manage her kids and her new baby. Cut her some slack.
Boo-hoo, being a parent is a choice. Tough ****. (pun definitely intended.)

To change a diaper in a restaurant AT THE TABLE, regardless, is classless and disgusting and takes it from being "routine" parenting to something that could potentially make others sick.

You do know how smells work, right? One word: Particles. Yup. Particles. Particles of a substance that bacteria find rather tasty, and will feed off of.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,622 times
IF parenting makes you crazy don't have kids. What do you expect me to say? 'Cos I am not going to suffer in a restaurant that I'M paying for 'cos some woman is too lazy to do change her baby's diaper in the restroom. She was lazy. SHE NEEDED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND DO IT IN THE SINK. THEN RINSE THE SINK CLEAN AFTER. That's what they did before the changing "stations" in the restrooms were invented. Nobody did that in public view by the dining table. You're not in your home trailer. You're in public. Have respect for others.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,524,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Boo-hoo, being a parent is a choice. Tough ****. (pun definitely intended.)

To change a diaper in a restaurant AT THE TABLE, regardless, is classless and disgusting and takes it from being "routine" parenting to something that could potentially make others sick.

You do know how smells work, right? One word: Particles. Yup. Particles. Particles of a substance that bacteria find rather tasty, and will feed off of.
That's why some of us go to places that don't allow parents with babies. Some have closed off areas for them. Separate from the customers who want to enjoy their food in peace.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:18 PM

421 posts, read 556,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
You studied nursing and don't think that contact precautions would have prevented your child from getting Rotavirus? The fact that you had to use an entire box of baby wipes and were in a physician's office at the time tells us that you were aware that your child was severely dehydrated.

What would I have done? Wear gloves, wash my hands and dispose of the waste in a sealed plastic bag. Same things I am expected to do when I come into contact with patients I assess and treat.
give me a break, I was adopting him from a third world country and he contracted it from other babies in foster care. He actually was not dehydrated, it was the first infamous blow out of the rotavirus. I didn't know he had it until we walked out of the well baby check.

Let's see, have you been in a doctors clinic in a third world country? Its a little different. I didn't need gloves, not one of the moms adopting in the outbreak wore gloves cause we are not insane. Two of them were physicians.

Give me a break

PS my son is celebrating his 9th birthday so I think we managed to weather the rotavirus well. Hey actually he is turning 9 and never been on antibiotics because I am not a germaphobe.

Old 08-14-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
If this is in fact true then you would know that if this event had been reported to staff who had then done nothing about it, any resulting illness whether caused by the restaurant or not would be attributed to this incident, aka, that would be it for this restaurant. And of course it would have been discussed on social media within hours, another nail in the coffin.

This thread is 8 pages long and only one parent supports this crazy woman.
Lol

I am getting a lot of positive rep points. People are just afraid to post. I just think y'all are hysterical so I'm laughing at it

Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumamoc View Post
You all are living in fantasy land if you think that baby's crap is the only human fecal matter inside the dining area of that restaurant.

This!

Did you know there is fecal matter on chairs from people sitting there?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:23 PM

And cause no one listens, let me say again

I do not support her decision, to change the baby there or to go on tv about it. But I do not think its a serious issue that the woman should be tarred and feathered for.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:00 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,163,579 times
So what would you have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Whatever was done did BEFORE changing tables in restrooms existed.
When my children were young they did not have changing tables in bathrooms and people still did not change their children's diapers inside of restaurants, stores, or other public places like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting