Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,185,368 times

Advertisements

Good for the restaurant. That's absolutely disgusting and inexcuseable. However, I do NOT agree with the idea that the restaurant 'should' have changing tables. A good idea? Perhaps, but 'should' as in 'they should be forced to'? No.

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 08:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times
What an inconsiderate slob.

She left a review on Google for this restaurant stating that she did it because the girl at the counter was rude to her: "I would't have done that if she had not already treated me so rudely to begin with". She also said she did it because taking her kids to their minivan "would have been a hassle". Those two statements really tell you a lot about this woman. She comes across as lazy and entitled and apparently thought that shopping her story around to various media outlets would shame this small family-owned restaurant. I'm so tired of people using this tactic to expand their temper tantrums.

Restaurants are not required to install baby changing stations. They are a very nice luxury, but one that millions of parents did (and still do) without quite nicely without resorting to exposing fellow restaurant patrons to their infant's fecal business. Furthermore, I don't see anywhere that this restaurant is advertising itself as a family restaurant. She had several options available to her in order to handle this extremely common parent issue and the fact that she chose THIS option (along with its consequences) should not open up this restaurant's owners to bashing.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 AM

2,219 posts, read 2,946,147 times
Wow! That is disgusting! The restaurant did the right thing.

I also don't feel that restaurants have to have changing tables. When my children were babies I don't think any place had them and even if they did I wouldn't use those nasty things! I either took my babies to my car or changed them in a very private spot in their strollers!

Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,148,932 times
Listening to the woman, one thing is apparent: She has no class.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:52 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,440,077 times
i'm not watching a video. . but if it isn't against the law, it should be. Look changing at a table exposes the table to fecal matter, ecoli, etc. It is dangerous.

i'll change a baby in public, but not on a area that serves food . . .

Old 08-12-2014, 03:11 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,996,508 times
She's filthy and seemed to act entitled.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 PM

421 posts, read 557,011 times
Geeze who cares.. People are such germaphobes these days. In a chair on a changing pad alone with her kids. I mean was it a nasty diarrhea? Seriously, I don't get why this is a huge deal. Perfect, nah. I once had to change my baby in a doctors office waiting room when he had diarrhea from rotavirus (worst smell ever). Cleared out the waiting room but there was no other options (foreign country), but you do what you have to do sometimes.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:35 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,582,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
Geeze who cares.. People are such germaphobes these days. In a chair on a changing pad alone with her kids. I mean was it a nasty diarrhea? Seriously, I don't get why this is a huge deal. Perfect, nah. I once had to change my baby in a doctors office waiting room when he had diarrhea from rotavirus (worst smell ever). Cleared out the waiting room but there was no other options (foreign country), but you do what you have to do sometimes.
I grew up in one of the poorest countries in Africa, I have never, nor would I expect to ever, see a parent change a diaper at the table of a RESTAURANT.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:39 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post

Wow. Such casual indifference. She wasn't 'alone'. She was in a restaurant dining room during lunch.

There are reasons why the infant mortality rate used to be so high. Lack of sanitation was one of them.

The safety and comfort of patrons who paid for their food and the expectation of eating it in an odor-and-feces free dining room may not matter to you, but you are most certainly in the minority with that opinion.

Pee, poop, lilac-scented purple unicorns ... if it came out of your baby's nether regions, it doesn't belong in a restaurant dining room. Indifference to hygiene says a lot about a person.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:48 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
Three cheers for the restaurant for giving them the boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting