Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 04:16 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Yea but it has a way of going from our Son and Granddaughter to us.

brushrunner
Only because you allow it. No offense meant, but your family seems to be quite dysfunctional, have you considered counseling? Somebody needs to stop this trend for your grand kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 10:47 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,407,446 times
You wouldn't believe my Grandkids. Some are very Good, their problem is their parents push them too hard. Some are Locked up or about to be Locked up, their parents told me when they was young I could not correct them. Seems there is no in between.

Got a 5 year old Granddaughter that is Good and Loves me but her parents are teaching her if she don't want to go to school she don't have to. Like my wife says I'm teaching her to be a River Rat but hey all Summer that is where she is, Fall she is in the woods. But she isn't learning anything Bad from me.

Was told by one Son the other day not to say what I think, just told him don't want to see him in trouble, which is what is going to happen he keeps listening to his girlfriend

Oh I use to be pretty Bad. Oh time I was getting on to couple my Boys. My Sister got ahold of me told me I was being too hard on them, that I had a lot of room to talk that I had done far worse. But I have completely turned around.

brushrunner

Last edited by brushrunner; 11-20-2013 at 10:56 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 10:12 AM

399 posts, read 685,851 times
I have a brother in law who is a severe alcoholic. He has had at least 11 DWI's, has served a prison sentence, and has been in an accident that killed his friend- he wasn't legally drunk at the time but alcohol was involved.
He began getting dwi's as a teenager. His mother always bailed him out. They had a dairy farm he worked on so she was able to get him as many hours of work release as possible. That way he could drink a few beers right away in the morning so it would be worn off by the time he went back to jail at night. I've always wondered, if she had let him sit it out in jail, would things be different?? He is now over 40 and threatens to kill himself if she won't let him drink. He hasn't had a license for at least 15 years and she drives him everywhere. Obviously, she is codependant. She is enabling him.

You aren't.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 AM

Well I knew it! Come home my Pickup is gone out of the Garage. I had left a Hunting Rifle in it and several rounds of ammo.

Knew my Son had it, so call him. His Girlfriends Mom needed his car to get to work, he had to take our Granddaughter to school. Like I told my wife there could be all kinds of trouble if he is found with the rifle at the school and I'm not furnishing them a vehicle

brushrunner

Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,427,751 times
Well, that's scary, guess you'll have to keep it locked and keep the key(s) in your pocket - they'll have to make other arrangements in advance for their daughter to get to school (maybe a school bus or a neighbor who's driving their kids there anyway), it's not your responsibility, we paid our dues (yrs ago).

Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Well, that's scary, guess you'll have to keep it locked and keep the key(s) in your pocket - they'll have to make other arrangements in advance for their daughter to get to school (maybe a school bus or a neighbor who's driving their kids there anyway), it's not your responsibility, we paid our dues (yrs ago).
Well he brought the Pickup back got that lined out.

Guess the Guy that helped get this woman out of Jail is wanting more than money for his trouble, like I told my Son she put her self in this situation.

brushrunner

Old 11-23-2013, 08:59 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
It sounds like you need to call child services for your grandchildren and stop speaking with your kids. Cut every single one of them off. Do you really want to continue living your life like this?? They are ADULTS!!!! It is no longer your responsibility to care for them. IF they all want to rot in jail, then let them.

You only live once!!! You need to do whatever you need to do to be happy in YOUR OWN LIFE.

It's not that hard people!! Stop being doormats and enablers. Wtf

Old 11-23-2013, 10:54 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
Unfortunately, in America, "locking him up" means throwing him into a dungeon to be subjected to uncontrolled cruelty at the hands of the worst of sociopaths. Americans throw more human beings into these inhuman cells than any other country in the world, because America is the only economically advanced country that can't think of any other way to deal with them, nor to arrange society in a manner to reduce the number of them. We refuse to let other countries show us how they manage health care, we refuse to let other countries show us how they manage an economic safety net, we refuse to let other countries show us how to rehabilitate offenders without simply throwing them into the jungle laws of dead end penal dungeons.

You did not lock him up. American society locked him up and turned their back on him and told you that if you didn't do anything for him, nobody would, because our society is made up of individuals who have been taught to be too selfish to care.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:21 PM

442 posts, read 588,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I remember your thread in the mental health forum when you were contemplating taking your son into your home. You knew it wasn't likely to turn out well due to his addiction. It's not your fault that you refuse to allow him to live at your house. You made the rules clear. He broke probation and your house rules. When your son and ex blame you, simply tell them it's not your fault he got himself arrested. Don't allow yourself to be pulled into the drama. You did more for your son than they did. They didn't take him into their homes. You did.
Wise Words ^^

To the OP, hang in there. So sorry this is happening to you

Old 11-23-2013, 11:23 PM

442 posts, read 588,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Well I knew it! Come home my Pickup is gone out of the Garage. I had left a Hunting Rifle in it and several rounds of ammo.

Knew my Son had it, so call him. His Girlfriends Mom needed his car to get to work, he had to take our Granddaughter to school. Like I told my wife there could be all kinds of trouble if he is found with the rifle at the school and I'm not furnishing them a vehicle

brushrunner
You need to deadbolt your house and tell your son not to come around. You could end up liable if he uses that gun for... Again, hang in there. I will pray for you all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting