Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 5,893 times

Advertisements

Okay, different scenario here but want some feedback. My son yesterday got in trouble for hugging and kissing a girl, who was hugging and kissing him. They are both in Kindergarten. I much rather my son get in trouble for fighting and showing hate instead of getting in trouble for showing affection and care.

Last edited by Jaded; 10-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Started new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,821,600 times
Why did your son get in trouble for this? Hugging and kissing are shows of "I love you" and if you love other kids in kindergarten, or any time of your life, this is a good thing. I think it is a bad idea to get the kid in trouble for showing affection.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
What kind of trouble? If they were merely told by the teacher to stop, I wouldn't have a big problem with it. Sad to say, that type of behavior is no longer acceptable in school, innocent though it is. They may as well learn the rules in kindergarten, as the stakes get higher every year.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:11 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
My son was holding hands with a girl in school a few years ago (He's 10 now) and got in trouble and I was told It was a BIG NO NO .. Some schools won't allow it, because of all the sexual harassment. Of course, I'm not saying your child is doing this, but Schools are trying to protect themselves...

Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
Why did your son get in trouble for this? Hugging and kissing are shows of "I love you" and if you love other kids in kindergarten, or any time of your life, this is a good thing. I think it is a bad idea to get the kid in trouble for showing affection.
Where have you been? While it may be cute, schools rule against it because in many cases, one of the children does not want to be kissed. Most schools insist that kids keep their hands, mouths and feet off other children.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 PM

12 posts, read 24,461 times
That's sad. Even in kindergarten guys get blamed. At least they're teaching him what he needs to learn in life.

Just kidding.

I guess with the surmounting amount of litigation, and exposure to every obscure happening in the world to the masses, people are getting more and MORE paranoid.

The world is getting smaller and smaller as people start seeing rare and shocking news and events and start believing it's commonplace. A friend of mine is afraid to leave the house. I told her to stop watching the news.

Still, kissing in public is not something we want to encourage much, even though it is cute. Too dangerous due to the number of lawyers and lawsuits out there.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-14-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 03:03 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You have to teach him that all he can do with other kids is handshakes and high 5's, that's the most physical contact between students that most schools will allow.

It's true that it's cute in kindergarten but it's not so cute by 5th grade and the school needs one clear policy that they can follow for all the students under their care, that's why they don't allow hugging and kissing.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,059 times
I have a son but if I had a 3 year old girlbeing slobbed down by a three year old male, I'd be pissed. Technically its ""mini"" rape. Teach your son to keep to himself. I tell my son to stay away from the girls. Parents of little girls are IMO protective by nature & rightfully so. If boys have been slobbing down a 3yr old & it was okay how do you tell her to slow down at 16, too late. She gonna bring a baby home! YIKES!

Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
I have a son but if I had a 3 year old girlbeing slobbed down by a three year old male, I'd be pissed. Technically its ""mini"" rape. Teach your son to keep to himself. I tell my son to stay away from the girls. Parents of little girls are IMO protective by nature & rightfully so. If boys have been slobbing down a 3yr old & it was okay how do you tell her to slow down at 16, too late. She gonna bring a baby home! YIKES!
You don't have a son, you have a stepson and, based on your other threads, have pretty much checked out of your marriage, so I fail to see your case for indignation.

Reread the OP. The little girl and the little boy were hugging and kissing each other. Slobbed down? Mini rape? Get a grip, and don't place adult labels on 5 yr olds.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:39 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,043 times
Yeah, we are adults and think in a sexually oriented nature, while children are children and just don't see things the way adults do. What a dysfunctional bunch of humans we have become. But alas, a different time and place - best bet is to tell your kids to keep their hands to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting