Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 05:04 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,059 times

Advertisements

Karma is a b**! I can't believe that after criticizing this ""lifestyle" when I picked up my (step) son his words were "" Mommy I'm in love"" Then what disturbs me is that in another thread I mentioned in this kindergarden we have a promiscous parent & my son is best friends with her kid. I would like to think he learnt about all this ''dating'' tomfoolery from her kid. Said mother if I have to estimate her age I say between 35 and 40, 3 kids, divorced DATING with two two teenage kids who are DATING. Thats where my (step) son gets this girl friend/boyfriend tomfoolery. In our household since his daddy & I are married, the word ""girlfriend"" never comes up. If anything we despise people shacking up outside of marriage.

Also what worries me is that my son has been breaking rules. He brrings stuff to school for his girlfriends,

Last edited by Jaded; 12-08-2013 at 01:03 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 11:12 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
My son got in trouble for telling another student that she was mean ( she was mean ). He was told that this was name calling. And here I thought I could teach him how to stand up for himself. Not in school apparently.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Pathetic really! I wonder what these little kids from there frightened generational upbringing will turn out like as adults.
Here is a story for ya: Another little one bites the dust, and is now living a life of a "sex offender" without knowing what sex means yet.

When do we finally stop the harassment of little boys by school administrators?

He says, he is sorry and has been trying to be good at school. What's wrong with us????

Old 12-13-2013, 04:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Pathetic really! I wonder what these little kids from there frightened generational upbringing will turn out like as adults.
Here is a story for ya: Another little one bites the dust, and is now living a life of a "sex offender" without knowing what sex means yet.

When do we finally stop the harassment of little boys by school administrators?

He says, he is sorry and has been trying to be good at school. What's wrong with us????
Oh please. He is not going to be a registered sex offender over this. And the school wasn't categorizing it as sexual harassment after a harmless kiss between two kids. It is only after unwanted touching/contact happens over a period of time. That is what is going into his school files. But what he was doing should be labeled as harassment (even if some think that is too adult of a word) because that is exactly what it was. The girl was being harrassed with unwelcome attention. I can't believe people are actually acting like its the boy who is the victim. But I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since we see that all the time in our society today.

The girl did not want him kissing him, but he ignored her wishes and continued to do so anyway. He would sneak up behind her and continued to do so over and over again. This boy's parents need to sit him down and give him a serious lesson on boundaries and respecting other people's bodies. Its not cute or funny just because its a young child that is having her boundaries violated. It doesn't matter that they are only 6 years old. If a 6 year old is uncomfortable with what someone else is doing to her then she shouldn't have to just deal with it.

The school has said the boy was giving warnings and disciplined in other ways before finally suspending him for 2 days. The police are not involved, and no criminal records have been filed. This is only something that will be on his "permanent record" while he is at that school.

Mother of girl involved in 'kissing' discipline speaks out - Canon City Daily Record

Old 12-16-2013, 02:14 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Oh please. He is not going to be a registered sex offender over this. And the school wasn't categorizing it as sexual harassment after a harmless kiss between two kids. It is only after unwanted touching/contact happens over a period of time. That is what is going into his school files. But what he was doing should be labeled as harassment (even if some think that is too adult of a word) because that is exactly what it was. The girl was being harrassed with unwelcome attention. I can't believe people are actually acting like its the boy who is the victim. But I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since we see that all the time in our society today.

The girl did not want him kissing him, but he ignored her wishes and continued to do so anyway. He would sneak up behind her and continued to do so over and over again. This boy's parents need to sit him down and give him a serious lesson on boundaries and respecting other people's bodies. Its not cute or funny just because its a young child that is having her boundaries violated. It doesn't matter that they are only 6 years old. If a 6 year old is uncomfortable with what someone else is doing to her then she shouldn't have to just deal with it.

The school has said the boy was giving warnings and disciplined in other ways before finally suspending him for 2 days. The police are not involved, and no criminal records have been filed. This is only something that will be on his "permanent record" while he is at that school.

Mother of girl involved in 'kissing' discipline speaks out - Canon City Daily Record
Thanks for the article. IMHO, the girl's mother is making too much of a big deal out of this. She's probably trained her daughter to fear any contact from the opposite sex. I've met mothers who've ruined their daughter's with paranoid fears that stemmed from their own insecurities and worries. So sad.

A kiss on the cheek and then the hand??? It's likely the school only responded the way they did because they were threatened with a lawsuit by the girl's mother...again, sad.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:39 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
A kiss on the cheek and then the hand??? It's likely the school only responded the way they did because they were threatened with a lawsuit by the girl's mother...again, sad.
But it wasn't just a kiss on the check and the hand. That was just what the boy's mother originally told the media to make her little boy look like the victim in all of this. It was sneeking up behind the girl and kissing her and it kept happening over and over again. Originally two boys were doing it, enough times where they were both disciplined, and the other boy continued to bother the little girl. The girls mother spoke out about the story because the boy's mother wasn't telling the whole truth. The school district backed up the girl's mother's story.

I don't think it has anything to do with a lawsuit. Its about allowing your child to feel safe at school. I would hope most parents would want their school to do something if their little girl was upset about something one of their classmates kept doing to them over and over again. Its not cute or funny just because they are 6. Children should learn from an early age about boundaries and respecting other people. Otherwise we end up with high school boys doing much worse things and still wanting to act the victim.The little girl did not want the attention of the little boy, it continued to happen, so the school district dealt with it. It probably started with missing recess and the punishments escalated from there when the boy continued to misbehave.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:41 AM

155 posts, read 556,291 times
my sons school a girl kiss a boy and the girl got RED color for that day.
They teach them no touching or kissing other students.
GOOD FOR ALL

Old 12-18-2013, 08:52 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Kissing is an adult activity.
In your head - because you are sexualising it yourself - and quite crassly too with the language you use.

But the act itself is not inherently "adult" in any way. Let alone "rape" as you weirdly described it.

Quote:
Why are adults encouraging sexuality at such a young age.
They aren't. You are just taking a non sexual event and sexualising it yourself.

Quote:
If little girls start kissing peers at young age, they soon fall prey to pedophiles.
And you have statistics and citations to back up this outrageous assertion I presume? Or did you just make it up for fun?

Old 12-24-2013, 12:44 AM

416 posts, read 871,547 times
I don't see any issues with this. It reminds me of my upbringing and my experiences.

I had my first 'girlfriend' in 1st grade - I remember it fondly, thinking sitting together at lunch was so adult-like and how grown up I was. Yes, we kissed a few times, but thinking about it now, it's the same type of kiss I'd give my mother - a quick peck. Not a sucking-on-tongue type of kiss, or with any type of fondling, or groping, etc.

Granted, I much more enjoy kisses (and other things) I give to girls now, but...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting