Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
I made sure to lock up my hard stuff. I'm proud of him and his GF. They each had 1 drink and were done. My wife, on the other hand, got wasted and started up " please don't do community college, at least not now, these years are so short, you're only 18 once, now is your time to goof off, party, and get away with it. When I was 18 and pregnant, not even you could slow me down, sure I abstained from booze, but I went to parties and concerts, you saw a Biggie concert and a Nirvana concert before you were born. The first thing I did, the night after you were born was a girls night out. I dropped you off at Grandma's house and had a great time. I love you and your father." It was uncomfortable to say the least.
Unreal. It is hard to understand why you all would not just say "You are embarrassing yourself" and leave.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:27 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
I made sure to lock up my hard stuff. I'm proud of him and his GF. They each had 1 drink and were done. My wife, on the other hand, got wasted and started up " please don't do community college, at least not now, these years are so short, you're only 18 once, now is your time to goof off, party, and get away with it. When I was 18 and pregnant, not even you could slow me down, sure I abstained from booze, but I went to parties and concerts, you saw a Biggie concert and a Nirvana concert before you were born. The first thing I did, the night after you were born was a girls night out. I dropped you off at Grandma's house and had a great time. I love you and your father." It was uncomfortable to say the least.
There is only emotion, no logic to her actions.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
So the OP is giving his 18-year old son, and that 18-year old's girlfriend a drink. (But he seems proud it was "only one".)The OP is letting the 18-year old live in his guest house. The OP and his wife had a child at 18.

Anyone else got a feeling that, if all of this is even factual to begin with, the OP doesn't quite get what HE is allowing? Why is the wife being blamed for everything? We have a 36-year old man, who was himself a teenage father, calling the girlfriend "useless" in his first post yet now the two lovebirds are having a drink in his home.

I highly doubt Junior spends his nights alone out there in his little bachelor pad. I think the OP needs to take a little of the Notre Dame education think about what HE does.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-03-2013 at 09:53 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Quote:

Whooooooo........This explains a heck of a lot. I know she won't go, but your wife really needs some individual therapy. Among hundreds of other issues, she's trying to relive her life through your son. She is psychologically stunted and stopped maturing at about 17 or 18. Many of us have some areas of emotional immaturity, but this woman seems to have completely stopped growing at some point. As the people around her, you and your son, continue to grow and mature, she will be resentful and unhappy. She needs her own life and happiness. It's up to her to find it. She's obviously not ready or willing to do so yet.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM

818 posts, read 856,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Unreal. It is hard to understand why you all would not just say "You are embarrassing yourself" and leave.
I cut her off after her rant.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
I cut her off after her rant.
By saying what?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
(But he seems proud it was "only one".)
Compared to how much he used to drink, having one drink is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
By saying what?
No, i mean i stopped giving her drinks

Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Compared to how much he used to drink, having one drink is an accomplishment in and of itself.
And where were you when he was drinking? Where was he getting his booze from? He's 18, apparently drinks too much, and you're GIVING him a drink. Yes, that will work out well.

YOU have responsibility as a father. Which you don't seem to get considering you blame everything onto your wife or difficult locks, being away from home (YOUR choice) for the first six years of his life, or saying "But! But! He used to drink more!" (Deflection. Disallowed.). Mercy. Moderator Cut

Last edited by Jaded; 07-03-2013 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Flaming

Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And where were you when he was drinking? Where was he getting his booze from? He's 18, apparently drinks too much, and you're GIVING him a drink. Yes, that will work out well.
I was in the same room when he was drinking, I was giving him booze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting