Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:41 PM

819 posts, read 1,594,810 times

Advertisements

First of all, I have not read the entire thread. But the beginning that your son was running with the wrong crowd just kills me. The wrong crowd is just like they and them - unidentified. Your son (as mine did) made a decision to do whatever. I'm sure they or them did not twist his arm and make him do so. There's nothing wrong with helping him, but enabling him is not good. My son quit school, and I woke him up one morning and told him that he had to get up and get a job if he was not going to school, that his dad and I were not going to go to work and leave him lolling in the bed all day. He chose to move out, etc. He had issues and finally grew up - took his GED, went to college, got a great job and constantly reminds us as to how sorry he was about the troubles he put us through. Had two other children that - compared to him - were poster children and made mostly right decisions. As one of my old bosses used to say - it's hell being a parent sometimes.

Best wishes for finding the right solution for your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,638,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-rev View Post
its just cannabis, did you know two states legalized it for recreational use. I'd be proud of my child if i were you, he's an entrepreneur. Be responsible parents and don't abandon your son, you guys brought him into this world.

Maybe you should help him become a licensed grower or seller in washington or colorado, set him up for success not failure.
I agree it's just weed but the rest of it is hilarious. Selling weed is foolish. I'd say kick him out and let him learn the hard way.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM

90 posts, read 178,348 times
If he's in your house and stores his "inventory" there then you could potentially be charged with maintaining a drug dwelling. You could also be at risk of some type of home invasion robbery perpetrated by his "customers."
He's 19. Time to grow up and make his own way in the world.
Best of luck to you
-izzy

Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,065,285 times
My mother once noticed that phone calls kept coming into the house late at night. This was years ago, pre-cell phones. She had an extension in her bedroom and sometimes she was in bed and the ringing would wake her up. One night she picked up the phone and listened and figured everything out.

The next day she went to the police station with some names on a piece of paper, and she said, "These are the names of kids who are selling pot at the high school. The one on top is my son."

Then she went home and told my brother (he was 16 at the time) what she had done. Phone calls stopped that day. A lot of my brother's friends stopped coming to the house, too.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,950,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy508 View Post
If he's in your house and stores his "inventory" there then you could potentially be charged with maintaining a drug dwelling. You could also be at risk of some type of home invasion robbery perpetrated by his "customers."
He's 19. Time to grow up and make his own way in the world.
Best of luck to you
-izzy
If the authorities deem that you knowingly and willingly to allow the dealing and the storing of the drugs even if it's just pot, if the law does not allow it as in the case of legal medical or recreational use as a couple of states just enacted then you can get your home confiscated. They confiscate vehicles and real property all the time.
If you own your home you should be very concerned.
Another thing is that he is NOT a "kid" even though he may act like one, he IS an adult.

Is he developmentally challenged ?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,210,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
If the authorities deem that you knowingly and willingly to allow the dealing and the storing of the drugs even if it's just pot, if the law does not allow it as in the case of legal medical or recreational use as a couple of states just enacted then you can get your home confiscated. They confiscate vehicles and real property all the time.
If you own your home you should be very concerned.
Another thing is that he is NOT a "kid" even though he may act like one, he IS an adult.

Is he developmentally challenged ?
I was wondering when someone would get around to mentioning that your house may be confiscated.
In most cases you would not get it back nor will you be compensated in anyway for your home as it may be considered a "drug house".

I would be very worried about that as well as the possibility of theft and danger from his customers.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,904,208 times
This is going to be hard, but you're enabling a drug dealer. Some tough love might keep him out of prison. Call his bondsman and revoke his bond. Let him sit in jail and so some thinking. Wow, good luck to you.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 PM

223 posts, read 208,213 times
Loads of people smoke pot, no big deal. It's even legal in places and this is going to spread, in 5 years time it will be freely available everywhere and his buyers will no longer need him.

If it was a harder drug I would hit the roof, but a little weed never hurt anybody.

Also, he's 19...an adult. At this stage there is nothing you can do except disapprove and make him move out if you don't want it in your house.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 AM

1,122 posts, read 3,510,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
If you don't throw him out or call the cops, have fun dealing with this until your home is raided for drugs and you're all taken away in cuffs or your son owes money and his dealer comes after him, or his burnout customers don't have any money but knows that he has the stash in his house.

You know that there are drugs in your home. If you do not act on that in some way, you could be arrested. Or in danger.
I think some people here have watched too much television. The likelihood that the cops will raid the house and arrest the parents or that some scary underground people are going to come to the house and cause problems is highly unlikely. In the real world it doesn't really work like that, especially not the world of 19-year old pot smokers. If the police will come after anyone it will be the kid, not the parents. They're not stupid.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:06 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,284,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
I think some people here have watched too much television. The likelihood that the cops will raid the house and arrest the parents or that some scary underground people are going to come to the house and cause problems is highly unlikely. In the real world it doesn't really work like that, especially not the world of 19-year old pot smokers. If the police will come after anyone it will be the kid, not the parents. They're not stupid.
why take the chance? what if the kids says he's never seen it before?

as some on here said "its just weed, right"?

the cops may know the difference or suspect it,,,but they will also sting the parents, because they havent done anything about it or enabling a drug dealer.

weed/pot is a gateway drug, I dont care what anyone says, it is,,I never saw cocaine before i hung around a kid smoking dope,
and once a kid that age gets into heroine...thats when the shyt hits the fan...bad stuff.

yeah to some it may sound like we are heavy handed,,,but many of us have been to funerals, of young adults "that just smoked weed" turns out they are doing a drug soup and mixed with alcohol...they are baiting death.
so, after witnessing parents going thru hell, because their kids are hanging around druggies and losers-
our tolerance and understanding is minimal....we've seen enablers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting