Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:58 AM

885 posts, read 1,891,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
God I'd love to ddos you offline for a week.....
I could too.

Btw, you'll get major kudosif you have the slightest idea of what i am talking about.
Seriously? If you really think you could do that to a home user, you're nuts. Let alone someone like myself. Downloading some ION cannon thing from a bunch of wanabees is just... nevermind. If i had control over the computers used and the network they are on, there are absolutely ways to 100% block/control every single byte that goes through the lines. This is what I do for a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 AM

6,190 posts, read 8,015,057 times
Uh not nuts I've been knocked offline for quite some time cause some kid down in the springs packeted me so hard I couldn't stay online for more than a few seconds, he hit me pretty hard and just sat there packeting me, he could have kept me offline for a week.

Once you're hit and knocked offline what are you going to do?

Old 12-08-2012, 08:13 AM

What I would do probably isn't what the average home user could do. I'd simply switch to another ip (I've got 6 static ip's at home). If they got all six it's a simple phone call to switch them around. Most ISP's will switch your ip for you via a phone calland take interest in who's flooding you.

Also - I've got 4g lte just a few button pushes away on my cell phone... we mask our ip's at work and use hosting companies for the public side of stuff.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 AM

140 posts, read 109,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
OP you need to ignore what the person at church told you, and watch the shows yourself, make an educated decision. Tell your son you are going to watch a show with him, maybe you'll both enjoy it.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Let your son show you that you have nothing to worry about, watch some with him. See for yourself. A worried mothers imagination can go pretty far, better to see and know for sure what you're putting all this worring energy into.

If your son is not prone to being violent towards others there isn't anything he's going to watch that's going to make him do so.

Now, if he throws up a strong objection to showing you what he has been watching, , then perhaps you'll need to pull rank on him.

Enjoy the show!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 AM

6,190 posts, read 8,015,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
What I would do probably isn't what the average home user could do. I'd simply switch to another ip (I've got 6 static ip's at home). If they got all six it's a simple phone call to switch them around. Most ISP's will switch your ip for you via a phone calland take interest in who's flooding you.

Also - I've got 4g lte just a few button pushes away on my cell phone... we mask our ip's at work and use hosting companies for the public side of stuff.
Have fun because I could also tie up your cell phone too. I could have a text come in every few seconds rendering your phone incapable of doing much else.

Just sayin, you're not as big and bad as you think.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 AM

15,851 posts, read 35,324,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSaints View Post

I want to take the computer away from him but he needs it to do homework too, but I'm worried about the things he could get in to, but I don't want to lose his trust or make him angry with me or anything either. I've talked to him but he insists there's nothing wrong with them.

What should I do?
Really? Who is the parent here? Put the computer in the living room and SUPERVISE him when he is on it. Make sure he is doing his homework. Good lord, grow a spine.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Have fun because I could also tie up your cell phone too. I could have a text come in every few seconds rendering your phone incapable of doing much else.

And you'd be blocked as fast as they were coming in. White lists are great for things like that. Even if I didn't know what a white list was, a bunch of texts coming in doesn't slow down my phone or it's ability to share it's 4g signal in the least. I'm not sure what the tech is like where you live, but these are small little annoyances that are easily solved in my world. I mean really? You think a bunch of texts would make my phone incapable? haha that's hilarious, the only thing that it does would be a little tiny notification in the top bar saying "text received"

You my friend over estimate your tech knowledge by a whole bunch.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,632,918 times
Quote:

Two peas in a pod.

There's a Relationships forum. Flirt over there.

Last edited by maciesmom; 12-08-2012 at 09:08 AM..

Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Really? Who is the parent here? Put the computer in the living room and SUPERVISE him when he is on it. Make sure he is doing his homework. Good lord, grow a spine.

20yrsinBranson
Ahmennnnnn!

Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Two peas in a pod.
I suppose, but I know what I'm talking about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting