Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 04:36 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,387,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Women are not here to make sure you have food on the dinner table when you get home, what the hell is wrong with your hands? Do they not work? Are you "special" to the point you can't cook dinner?
I don't get it either. I guess some men had their hands held and their behinds wiped by their mothers until they left home. They expect their wives and girlfriends to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 08:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,474,817 times
Men expect so much now. They expect a wife who is thin, an immaculate house, gourmet dinners, and don't forget to make $75,000 a year or more. I was taking medication to be that perfect...and it still was not good enough. Getting a divorce was freeing for me.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,238,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I don't get it either. I guess some men had their hands held and their behinds wiped by their mothers until they left home. They expect their wives and girlfriends to do the same.

My husband's mom did everything for him. I guess I don't see how that is his fault. A wee bit of setting limits mixed with a lot of love and understanding and... voila, mature, capable man. When you enter a relationship, each of you has to do a little expectation management. No two people come together with the exact same set of expectations.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 AM

3,487 posts, read 4,570,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
One can have a very strong family commitment without being Mrs FetchandCarry. Sometimes doing for someone is best done by letting them do it for themselves.
???????

I have no idea why the response. What does it have to do with the part I wrote and you respond. Please clarify. All I can say is the you read more to it that what I stated. All I ask you please clarify. Take care.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,391,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Men expect so much now. They expect a wife who is thin, an immaculate house, gourmet dinners, and don't forget to make $75,000 a year or more. I was taking medication to be that perfect...and it still was not good enough. Getting a divorce was freeing for me.
Good for you for having the courage to leave. Sounds like a life of servitude and stress.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
???????

I have no idea why the response. What does it have to do with the part I wrote and you respond. Please clarify. All I can say is the you read more to it that what I stated. All I ask you please clarify. Take care.
I was commenting on your strong family commitment comment. It made me think that some people think that mom doing for the others in the family is the right way to take care of them, to be committed to the family. I think that a Mom can be every bit as committed to her family without being the do all that the OP was talking about.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I was commenting on your strong family commitment comment. It made me think that some people think that mom doing for the others in the family is the right way to take care of them, to be committed to the family. I think that a Mom can be every bit as committed to her family without being the do all that the OP was talking about.
Thanks for the clarification, however, as I said, it had nothing to do with what I said before so it still does not apply. Perhaps you have defensive attitude in some form that anything that others may say make you read to much into what it is said. Take care.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, however, as I said, it had nothing to do with what I said before so it still does not apply. Perhaps you have defensive attitude in some form that anything that others may say make you read to much into what it is said. Take care.
What? You made a comment that triggered a thought. I think you don't understand what I am saying. I am not arguing or criticizing but making a comment based on something you said.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
What? You made a comment that triggered a thought. I think you don't understand what I am saying. I am not arguing or criticizing but making a comment based on something you said.
Ok, what comment triggered your thought? Can you be specific? To me your comment came out of left field. So what did I say? I did not take your comment as being negative, just that I was confused how it connects to what I wrote so, what was it that I said that you based your comment on? Take care.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Ok, what comment triggered your thought? Can you be specific? To me your comment came out of left field. So what did I say? I did not take your comment as being negative, just that I was confused how it connects to what I wrote so, what was it that I said that you based your comment on? Take care.

The phrase "strong family commitment". Nothing more. I am sorry I was unclear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting