Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:31 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,609,410 times

Advertisements

I sometimes wish that my two sons were closer in age. There is an almost 8 year difference to the day. Had wanted another child after 3 years, but it never happened. Our 'bonus' baby came along. They are both very special and precious to us. Also somewhat different in attitudes and personality.

I do think that 3 years apart would have been the best for both of them. Have more in common and be somewhat closer. So, three years for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 12:59 PM

955 posts, read 3,655,222 times
We always knew we wanted another but didn't take action until about 1.5 years later - even now expecting our second (Daughter is 2) I still have a strange feeling like I am "cheating" on her - I know I do and will love our new baby just as much, but still wonder "how could I love another SOOOO much". I know it will pass, and I will love seeing our daughter be a big sister, but I sure did treasure every minute I had "alone" with her

Our honey bunny will be almost 3 when the new baby is born which I think will be great!

Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,377,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
If I hadn't re-married I would have only had the one child
citygirl,
I'm re-married, too. How old were your kids when you had another with your new husband? How did it work out? We're thinking about having one together. We each have 2 from our prior marriages. The oldest is in 5th, youngest in 2nd grades. We have a lot of freedom with the kids being older.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:30 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,780,762 times
Right after my daughter was born I wanted to have another baby, I think because I was so in love with her. My husband never wanted more than one child and I didn't want another one enough to argue about it then. When my daughter turned about 4 and it finally became easier to travel and do things with her, I stopped wanting to have another child because I didn't want to go back to naps and diapers. Now that she's 8, I'd have another, but I'm 45 and the risk of Downs Syndrome is very high and I really don't want to take that risk. I know I'd love any child, regardless of disability, but it's a daunting prospect when your chances are so high. So, I'm 99.9% sure we're a one-child family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting