Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 10:34 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Seriously, right? I imagine anyone who can make it all the way through is too distressed to actually make a contribution!

Ugh - so sorry about the forecast by you - we seem to still be at tropical storm level over here. You will be in my thoughts! Stay as safe and dry as you can. If you need somewhere to crash, feel free to row on over.

I couldn't agree more re: texting - it's even worse than email for losing all of the emotional context of the words. A challenge under the best of circumstances and even worse when there's already tension. I am really sorry about the one step forward, two steps back.

Congrats on the job, txt, and good luck with your other plans! Just a note for reference: never, ever tell a 7 1/2 mo pregnant woman you understand her hormone fluctuations unless you've gone through it. I say this only for your own safety - I wouldn't want you to get your head bit off if you said it in person!
To a degree?
When I accidentally double dosed I felt like uncontrollably crying, throwing up, I wanted to eat everything in sight, I kept having to pee, I think I was even having hot flashes, I get really hot then be freezing and not to mention poor TG, once the nausea went away I was all over him like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm just completely over texting. Sometimes it's the devil's means of communication because words without inflection are misconstrued.
I refuse to text with some people. I simply text "call me when you can talk. I hate texting." If they never get around to calling, I'm totally cool with that. It's just too stressful texting with certain people. One of my friends always texts about important stuff while I'm driving. If I call, he says "can't talk, in a meeting." I explained that it's difficult for me to text, having an old fashioned phone, and especially when driving it's dangerous. Guess what? He has a phone that dictates his words into text! No wonder he doesn't have a problem with texting. Then there's the people who take everything the wrong way. I won't text with those people. Too much of a hassle.

Sorry you're still having a difficult time. Hang in there.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
To a degree?
When I accidentally double dosed I felt like uncontrollably crying, throwing up, I wanted to eat everything in sight, I kept having to pee, I think I was even having hot flashes, I get really hot then be freezing and not to mention poor TG, once the nausea went away I was all over him like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm.
Sorry. That's not the same as being pregnant. Not at all. No way. No how. Not even close.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 AM

Word of the Day

personalia\pur-suh-NEY-lee-uh\ , noun;
1.Personal details such as biographical data, reminiscences, or the like.
2.Personal belongings.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:09 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I refuse to text with some people. I simply text "call me when you can talk. I hate texting." If they never get around to calling, I'm totally cool with that. It's just too stressful texting with certain people. One of my friends always texts about important stuff while I'm driving. If I call, he says "can't talk, in a meeting." I explained that it's difficult for me to text, having an old fashioned phone, and especially when driving it's dangerous. Guess what? He has a phone that dictates his words into text! No wonder he doesn't have a problem with texting. Then there's the people who take everything the wrong way. I won't text with those people. Too much of a hassle.

Sorry you're still having a difficult time. Hang in there.
I dropped T-Mobile. Went back to Verizon. MUCH CHEAPER.
I am paying so much less now and got an android for so much less.
Now I can sell that POS blackberry and make some good cash off it it.
My new phone does the dictating. I can just talk and it does it for me.

I have a friend who takes things the wrong way even in person.
I can say something totally sarcastic and I mean OUTRIGHT sarcastic, blatantly obvious and she'll respond completely seriously and not understand I was kidding. She's a stick in the mud, she's so serious all the time.

She scolded me in the grocery store for turning around a bag of chips to see what flavor they were, told me to stop touching things. Who the **** does that to a friend older than them?

She's one of those people who shouldn't be texted or talked to. Lol.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:16 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well MissIrene seems to be tracking closer to us now, not further away. We really could get hammered. I think the time for thinking it might break up and fizzle out is over.
Uh-oh! Keep us posted.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
To a degree?
Ah, it was just a friendly aside to prevent you from getting your arse handed to you by a pregnant chick IRL. Though, you could probably outrun her in a pinch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Sorry. That's not the same as being pregnant. Not at all. No way. No how. Not even close.
Yeah, kind of like saying I know what it feels like to have a broken leg since I stubbed my toe once...

-------------------
Hoping FR checks in again soon. Rains haven't really started here yet, but I'm worried about her. Hope there were no snakes in those potted plants!!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:56 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post

Yeah, kind of like saying I know what it feels like to have a broken leg since I stubbed my toe once...

-------------------
Hoping FR checks in again soon. Rains haven't really started here yet, but I'm worried about her. Hope there were no snakes in those potted plants!!
Lol on the stubbed toe.

We actually have some slightly gusty winds here in GA. Dry as a bone though, unfortunately. Flooding is awful. I love some good rain, but only when the ground can handle it. We were out of town two years ago when this area got 20". It was a feeling of complete helplessness as family and friends sent pictures of the rising water.

Looks like DS and DIL didn't get much of anything in NC, thankfully.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Looks like DS and DIL didn't get much of anything in NC, thankfully.
I thought the storm wasn't scheduled to hit NC until much later tonight.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Ha - got out of Costco with minimal impulse purchases. Just a book (The Outliers) and some inexpensive movie tickets (I may save those for stocking stuffers since they don't expire).

Good on the job txt - now just DON'T QUIT. Even if you are frustrated with it. You need to start thinking of things as a means to an end instead of feeling you are entitled to better things for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.