Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good job Kibbie.

------

Txt: No matter what we say you come up with explanations and excuses and reasons for why you don't have a job, can't get a job, whatever. Considering the week the world economy has had I don't have a lot of patience with but... but... but from a perfectly healthy, almost 22 year old who can't seem to understand how to listen to advice and take it.

There are people scared to death that they will not be able to feed their kids!! THOSE are the people you are competing with. And, were I the hiring manager, I'd give the job to the person who is answering the phone on the first ring over the person I can't get a hold of. Job Hunting 101.
I was just trying to convey to you that TG is the one keeping me on the path the finding a job.
If I were to sleep at my house. I wouldn't be up nearly as early as I have been when I stay at his house.
He gets me motivated to keep looking for a job.

I wish people would just do what they say. If she says she's going to call me in a few hours. She needs to call me in a few hours. Quit MAKING things so much harder than they have to be.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I wish people would just do what they say. If she says she's going to call me in a few hours. She needs to call me in a few hours. Quit MAKING things so much harder than they have to be.
The hiring people are in the drivers seat right now. They unfortunately, have no need to be nice, polite or considerate to any one because of the amount of people they have to chose from.

You have so much growing up to do if you are frustrated at how the interview process is for a job at Best Buy.....

When my DH was interviewing for jobs he at one point was on the 4th phone interview and was told they would be getting back with him to set up the 5th. They never did. Never had the courtesy to call or anything. He was wearing his big boy pants and was already moving on the next thing - which happened to be the job he has now. This was after an interview process that took over a month.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
MM: (And anyone else who has teams playing tonight)

Good luck!!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Txt: No matter what we say you come up with explanations and excuses and reasons for why you don't have a job, can't get a job, whatever. Considering the week the world economy has had I don't have a lot of patience with but... but... but from a perfectly healthy, almost 22 year old who can't seem to understand how to listen to advice and take it.

There are people scared to death that they will not be able to feed their kids!! THOSE are the people you are competing with. And, were I the hiring manager, I'd give the job to the person who is answering the phone on the first ring over the person I can't get a hold of. Job Hunting 101.
Wise words Dew. DH works for a multi-national that is doing well comparatively speaking, and they are in the process of major lay-offs based of 2 year forecasts. Very scary times, and certainly not the time to take the lack of a job casually.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I missed the call on Tuesday and she told me to call her today.
I had been at the ER till midnight with my friend who got hurt and then up early early in the AM with TG because he had to go to work.
I went home and literally uncontrollably fell asleep. One second I was awake and next I'm waking up 6 hours later in a pool of sweat and my laptop still on my lap.
None of those reasons are good enough for missing a call when looking for a job.

I'll let you in on a secret. It's not uncommon for HR to go through a list, often alphabetical, making calls to schedule a pre-determined number of interviews. The first people to answer their phone or call back are the ones who get the interviews. People who don't answer their phones or who are at the end of the alphabet often get screwed. Since you can't change where we are in the alphabet, the only advantage you have is if you answer the phone.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Here's a funny!

Interview with a One-Year-Old - YouTube

Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 PM

26 posts, read 62,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Here's a funny!

lol that is cute. "I think she hits the turtles"

Old 08-12-2011, 07:18 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Happy Friday all. This will be a good week to have over and done with.
Congrats to Dew's Cardinals.. I'm happy for them but I'm happy pretty much anytime the Raiders get beat. My Broncos didnt fare as well but at least it was close. I think I need to make cookies next time.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:31 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Happy Friday all!

MM: How's DS feeling?

Dew: Great news about DH's test results!!

Mrs X: Hope you're feeling ok. I have my fingers crossed for good Sept test results.

Hopes: Hope your tooth is feeling better.

Hope the cars and appliances are all doing better, too! Ugh, the joys of repairing modern conveniences.

Off to run some errands after a week of visitors - have a good one, everyone!

Last edited by eastwesteastagain; 08-12-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
Good morning all. I am so happy it is Friday.

I am broke, my van isn't running, and I make a higher salary than DH. Yet, my job is so horrible that I need some help today to keep from walking out. I have had to physically keep myself in my desk at least once a day every day this week. My boss is horrible (not the one I was with on my trip). He is so abusive to his employees that I just want to cry every day. I am not even a cryer.

Please help give me the strength to get through my day without walking out. I really do like eating and having a place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.