Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 05:38 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ok, it's all fine, we have a trailer hitch that stopped it from damaging our car.
Oh man - I bet the other car had some damage! That saved me once as well. Some young kid hit me from behind - really messed up his car but mine was fine. He was so scared! I think it was his first accident.

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Txt, forgive me if I'm being redundant here, but:

Everywhere you go, there you are.

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ok, it's all fine, we have a trailer hitch that stopped it from damaging our car.
Yay! Good news.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:40 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Oh man - I bet the other car had some damage! That saved me once as well. Some young kid hit me from behind - really messed up his car but mine was fine. He was so scared! I think it was his first accident.
This was the same thing, it was just a kid, but thank goodness it only wrecked his indicator light, so MrFR just reassured him it was OK and they parted ways. He felt bad for the kid.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It get's worse. Remember those cut-outs they had years ago? The ones you put in your garden that looked like a fat lady in bloomers bending over? Yep. Had one of those too.

DH named her "Gloria" after a relative he didn't like.
Oh Dew....so funny. When we lived in Iowa and would drive through all the small towns to get to DH's brother's cabin, we'd see all kinds of those....plus the cement geese with the fabric capes for every holiday/time of year. I always think of driving through those towns when I see all those things. Those yards were typically very well maintained with gorgeous flowers and shrubs. They are corny but I do smile every time I see them. I will confess to considering a garden gnome from time to time. For the backyard....

Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 PM

I just realized...DH has the fireplace turned on....I may go look for a book to read. I think I have a library book that was due last week....oops. If I set my mind to it I could finish it by tomorrow or Monday and get that returned. Not sure what I'm in the mood to read though. Nothing too taxing LOL. It's more of an "easy read" day for me....

Old 05-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Well ladies....I think I am off to do some reading...and see if I can stay awake until 9! LOL....

Old 05-14-2011, 07:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Finster, glad your hubby is okay.

MM, I'd rather hang out on CD than do laundry too. Big surprise, huh? LOL

Zimbo, we're battling carpenter bees right now too. Wish there was a plastic lawn statue for them!

txtqueen,

You should stay until your grandmother fully recovers from her surgery because it's the right thing to do. If you leave without helping your grandmother recover from surgery for a few months, I swear I'll never respond to any post of yours again. You will be permanently ignored and you will deserve it.

As for living there full time, I think that would be a wise plan. You need a job and help getting a real career started. You can make new friends. There are other beds you could buy. Suck it up and stop whining. Nothing starts out perfect. And perfection doesn't make for happiness.

As everyone said, people can be happy or miserable anywhere. WHAT THEY MEAN if you don't understand is that you seem like the type of person who will never be happy no matter where you live, no matter what your job, no matter how perfect your life. It's well past time for you to learn how to stop seeing only the negative in everything. You'll NEVER find happiness if you continue wtih your current ways of thinking.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:27 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Finster, glad your hubby is okay.

MM, I'd rather hang out on CD than do laundry too. Big surprise, huh? LOL

Zimbo, we're battling carpenter bees right now too. Wish there was a plastic lawn statue for them!

txtqueen,

You should stay until your grandmother fully recovers from her surgery because it's the right thing to do. If you leave without helping your grandmother recover from surgery for a few months, I swear I'll never respond to any post of yours again. You will be permanently ignored and you will deserve it.

As for living there full time, I think that would be a wise plan. You need a job and help getting a real career started. You can make new friends. There are other beds you could buy. Suck it up and stop whining. Nothing starts out perfect. And perfection doesn't make for happiness.

As everyone said, people can be happy or miserable anywhere. WHAT THEY MEAN if you don't understand is that you seem like the type of person who will never be happy no matter where you live, no matter what your job, no matter how perfect your life. It's well past time for you to learn how to stop seeing only the negative in everything. You'll NEVER find happiness if you continue wtih your current ways of thinking.
She hasn't had it yet.
She wont even consider it yet because for now my plan is to be here for two weeks.
IF she has her surgery I will stay and take care of them and get a job etc etc.

As for the bed she says she has one out at her other house thats a full size and we can go out tomorrow and look at it and I can lay on it and see if it is comfortable.

It still scares me to move back out here.
Everyone one is so country bumpkin and it makes me batty.
Everything closes early and they all drive like morons, WHO merges onto a freeway doing 20MPH....20MHP...merging into traffic doing 60+ I was like OMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.

I think i'll see how the two weeks goes, see how this job goes and see what they can do for me as a cop and then from there make my decision.
But the deciding factor will be if my grandmother opts for surgery and then I WILL stay but if she says she isn't going to do it then I will go back home as planned and if she ever wants to do it in the future I will come back.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Last year DH read somewhere that you should put chewing gum in the holes, so he had the kids out there chewing away. Not his brightest suggestion (and he's a biochemist, so I didn't let him live that one down! ), and suffice it to say it did nothing to reduce the population. They have completly trashed the door into our screened-in porch. I'm not a big fan of poisons, but I think it has come to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.