Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:33 PM

10,115 posts, read 19,415,962 times

Advertisements

My problems is my 2 kids leave the bathroom in a filthy mess! We have 3 bathroooms, one for dh & me, one for each kid. Each kid leaves the bathroom in such a mess its a health hazard1

I don't mean just towels on the floor, I mean, they throw used toilet paper rolls on the floor instead of the waste can, toothpaste is squirted all over the sink, water all over the floor, toiolet not flushed, then they say they can't invite their friends over because the house is a mess!

More like I can't invite my friends over because of the stench they leave!

Old 02-20-2011, 03:36 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
txt, it's a good thing you don't live in a dorm. I can think of probably a hundred times over 4 years where I wanted to shower and guess what all the showers where taken. What did I do? Learn to shower at off-peak hours.

So much wining so little time.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It sounds like the two of you take extremely long showers.

I try to have my kids aware of conservation, waste and no one takes an hour long shower. 5 to 10 minutes is more than enough time to shower.

I can't imagine a kid or an adult wanting to hang in the bathroom for an hour or longer - your brother may just be pulling this to provoke you.
Uhh no, I'm not the one who runs the hot water out. I'm in there maybe 15 minutes tops. He's the one in there for like 45 minutes.

And I go to the downstairs bathroom to do my hair and make-up.

I don't take long showers, I don't have that kind of time.
He plugs up the tub and let's the shower go and go and go to keep the water warm in the tub because the bath faucet is disconnected and you can only take a bath if you run the shower.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Perhaps rearrange some things/ Just realize your brother isn't going to consider your constraints.

For example, you could try packngg your lunch the night before, I always do, its such a time saver just to grab it out of the fridge on the way out the door.

Perhaps you could change your routine to shower at night? That may not work out for you, but maybe give it a try? Try having all your clothes laid out the night before so you just crawl into them and out the door.
I shower when I wake up, that's just how I am.
I don't like to shower at night because I don't like feeling all unclean during the day and my hair looks like crap if I sleep on it, no matter if I try to straighten it in the am.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:58 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,677,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I shower when I wake up, that's just how I am.
I don't like to shower at night because I don't like feeling all unclean during the day and my hair looks like crap if I sleep on it, no matter if I try to straighten it in the am.
grow up. either deal with it, or get up earlier or take a shower at night. those are pretty much your only options.

Quote:
My problems is my 2 kids leave the bathroom in a filthy mess! We have 3 bathroooms, one for dh & me, one for each kid. Each kid leaves the bathroom in such a mess its a health hazard1

I don't mean just towels on the floor, I mean, they throw used toilet paper rolls on the floor instead of the waste can, toothpaste is squirted all over the sink, water all over the floor, toiolet not flushed, then they say they can't invite their friends over because the house is a mess!

More like I can't invite my friends over because of the stench they leave!
seriously? make your kids clean their frigging bathrooms. my kids share a bathroom and if i walk in it, and its not clean, they are BOTH grounded- i dont care who made the mess. not only that, they then have to scrub everything in by hand, with a small cleaning brush. Yanno what? they keep it pretty darn clean.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 999 times
I grew up with a fairly large family. There was at least 8 people living in our house at the same time. We only had 2 bathrooms. And our parents bathroom was only for the younger kids. Before i left the house there was 6 teenagers and kids using the one bathroom. We did have a schedule.3 of us would take a shower or bath in the evening and the other 3 in the morning. I liked to sleep in so i got mine in the evening. We only had about 20-30 mins and our parents always said that the bathroom wasfor showering and using the bathroom only and of course brushing your teeth. Any hair and makeup routines were done in your bedroom. We never had any problems. Since you seem alot lile me i say get a shower in the evening.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
So after they do that do you still make toilet paper available to them?

Old 02-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
grow up. either deal with it, or get up earlier or take a shower at night. those are pretty much your only options.

seriously? make your kids clean their frigging bathrooms. my kids share a bathroom and if i walk in it, and its not clean, they are BOTH grounded- i dont care who made the mess. not only that, they then have to scrub everything in by hand, with a small cleaning brush. Yanno what? they keep it pretty darn clean.
No I plan on getting some respect here.
I'm in there for maybe 15 minutes all I ask is to not shower between 1 and 2 pm on the days I have work.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 PM

I can always go shut the water off on him till he gets the point.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
No I plan on getting some respect here.
I'm in there for maybe 15 minutes all I ask is to not shower between 1 and 2 pm on the days I have work.
He's probably doing in on purpose.The louder you complain the longer his showers will be. Get up earlier and fool him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting