Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:13 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,288,148 times

Advertisements

you know you are getting old,,when,,,,you are driving your kid around the area, you, yourself grew up in,,,and you cant recognize the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 08:40 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,747,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
blue knows oldies.... Elvis, Carl Dokins Jr. ,Bobby Rydel, Fats Domino,Chubby Checker, Bobby Darrin. The Big Bopper, The Platters, The Temptations, Connie Francis, Pat Boone, Ritchie Valens, Little Richard,The Everly Brothers, Connie Stevens, Conway Twitty, Chuck Barry, The Teddy Bears, The Beach Boys, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline.......

Wow don't I ever remember some of those....and sock hops and root beer stands with car hops and swaying to the music and crying at the songs like Last Kiss....Tell Laura I Love Her...Cathy's Clown....Roses Are Red ....

::::sigh:::::: Oh to be able to relive those days.

About 10 years ago my daughters, just out of their teens went to a Beach Boys concert.....when they returned home they were WOWED out....and said "Mom, I bet you wish they would have been around when you were young!" "WHAT?????????? I said, they were! The Beach Boys are just old now."

Old 05-27-2007, 10:29 AM

926 posts, read 1,461,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doll lady View Post
Wow don't I ever remember some of those....and sock hops and root beer stands with car hops and swaying to the music and crying at the songs like Last Kiss....Tell Laura I Love Her...Cathy's Clown....Roses Are Red ....

::::sigh:::::: Oh to be able to relive those days.

About 10 years ago my daughters, just out of their teens went to a Beach Boys concert.....when they returned home they were WOWED out....and said "Mom, I bet you wish they would have been around when you were young!" "WHAT?????????? I said, they were! The Beach Boys are just old now."
Yeppers, I sure remember all of those too and doll lady, I can relate to your story about your daughter and the Beach Boys...I was watching the half-time show for the super-bowl a couple of years ago when Paul McCartney sang Hey Jude. My 22 year old daughter said, "I've never heard that song, but I like it"... I about filled my Depends!

I never cried to a song except for one time I was at a drive-in wih a girl and things were getting a little heated and the song came on with the words, "We don't have to take our clothes off, to have a good time"...she turned into a block of ice and I cried like a little baby.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:36 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,662,635 times
You know your getting old when Golden Corral Restaurant gives you a senior discount when I just 46 years old. They give it to me without asking for it.

Golden Corral
John

Old 05-27-2007, 08:18 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,777,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
You know your getting old when Golden Corral Restaurant gives you a senior discount when I just 46 years old. They give it to me without asking for it.

Golden Corral
John
I got the dang senior discount at the local supermarket 2 weeks ago, I'm 47. And I don't think I look 47 either! I saved money...but it HURT!

Old 05-27-2007, 08:47 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,950,570 times
I knew I was getting old when I would read celebrities' birthdays in the newspaper and stopped reading when they got down to age 50. I realized I knew very few of them below that point. Hey - I look at this as a benefit!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:53 PM

Here's one I heard last week that made me feel ancient...Charles Manson turned 72

Old 05-27-2007, 10:29 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,662,635 times
You Know You're Getting Old When someone sends this to you.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:12 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,676,535 times
The other evening, my mother in law and I were coming home from my 13 year olds baseball game. We came upon a road block. The trooper said they were doing routine license checks, I asked if I could put the light on. I had to dig in my purse to get my id. He said yes, but the moment I put the light on, he stepped back and said, "No need to check your id, you can go on through."

I told my mother in law that he saw two old ladies and knew we were harmless. But, it sure did make me feel old.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
The other evening, my mother in law and I were coming home from my 13 year olds baseball game. We came upon a road block. The trooper said they were doing routine license checks, I asked if I could put the light on. I had to dig in my purse to get my id. He said yes, but the moment I put the light on, he stepped back and said, "No need to check your id, you can go on through."

I told my mother in law that he saw two old ladies and knew we were harmless. But, it sure did make me feel old.
Dang, you should have asked for a frisk, ya think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics