Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:29 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,680,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I recently saw a high school boyfriend at the grocery store. He was a very attractive guy when we dated and we shared what I thought was a strong bond. We parted ways when he entered a world of drug abuse. I think it was nine years since I'd last seen him, and well, nine years of meth abuse completely changes a person. It was really shocking to me that we had nothing connecting us any longer.

I think I'd rather have never seen him again. It would have been better to remember him the way he was nine years ago before we parted ways.
wow- yes alcohol or drug abuse can change a person drastically. My husbands brother (I hadnt seen in 7 years) looks like he aged 20 years in that time. Thanks to alcohol and drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 05:28 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,429,158 times
Myspace is a godsend for anyone under the age of 30. Of my graduating class of around 600, at least check over 200 had an account. It's great. I get to see what they're up to and what they look like without ever having to actually see or speak to them. It satisfies the voyeur within.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 PM

15,603 posts, read 40,006,452 times
Just this morning I recieved and e-mail from a lady I pretty much grew up with since 1969. We went from 5th grade through highschool together. After graduating in 78 we had not seen each other or spoken in all these years. About a month ago I got this e-mail from classmates dot com. I found her name and managed to get a message to her (with out buying into classmates dot com), thinking nothing would come of it. It was a very nice surprise to hear from her this morning. It has been darn near 30 years since I've seen her...but can still picture her face like I'd seen her an hour ago. Purdy Kewl...

Old 04-11-2007, 03:32 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,387,902 times
Nope. Never have looked up people or contacted them. I often wonder how some people are doing but then again there are some people I would love to run into, some I'd rather jump into fire than meet and then others who I would like to give a piece of my mind to.

Sunny I know the feeling when you meet an ex friend who's hit the drugs. It's kind of a loud slap across the face.

Take a look at faces of meth for those who do not know. It's such a "wonderful" drug

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/faces/index.html (broken link)

Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 PM

13,392 posts, read 45,161,479 times
I am one of those people who can't let go of the past.
I kept in touch before our move to Florida from Colorado, I kept in touch after the move.
I try to remain in touch with everyone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Not everyone made it through this most recent move.
There are a few who faithfully stay in touch; there are a few who are happy to receive cards in December but who don't go to too much trouble to reciprocate.
That's okay; not everyone is a writer or an emailer.
I have one friend who has been through all kinds of adversity; she and I could talk just as if we back at our desks back in 11th grade.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:16 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,328,102 times
It's funny that this should happen to me just as this thread is running. Last night, DH and I went to Walmart to fill a prescription and, while we were walking around, waiting for the script to fill, I saw this guy w/a nametag on that looked familiar. I kept backing up and looking down the aisle again to see him better. Finally, hubby asked what I was doing. I told him that the man looked like my old boss from 30 years ago! He said, "Go say hi." So I did, and it was. The 3 of us stood there talking for about 20 minutes, catching up on things. It was nice. Small world.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,680,019 times
Lightbulb wow-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Nope. Never have looked up people or contacted them. I often wonder how some people are doing but then again there are some people I would love to run into, some I'd rather jump into fire than meet and then others who I would like to give a piece of my mind to.

Sunny I know the feeling when you meet an ex friend who's hit the drugs. It's kind of a loud slap across the face.

Take a look at faces of meth for those who do not know. It's such a "wonderful" drug

http://www.drugfree.org/Portal/DrugIssue/MethResources/faces/index.html (broken link)

Thats bad. Yes his brother is 50- but looks 75. His wife is finally filing for divorce after 19 years. The man has not lived one day w/o drinking/partying. Then he claims he is "depressed"-lol( Yeah- that really justifies using drugs)

the denial is unbelievable.

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics