Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 AM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times

Advertisements

Going to someone for personal services, ie- haircuts, etc and they do a terrific job but the next time you come back and no where near as good as the 1st time. It's like they forgot who you are but it's not like it's the 1st time you ever went to that person.

New one, just this afternoon. I had to play back a message on voice mail and could hardly understand this person. I must have played it back 4 times and still can't make out where they're calling from.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 AM

19,514 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It could be more serious than just a snippy girl. I would say the vet is in the practice of charging for cremations and just throwing the bodies in the garbage....clear case of fraud.

Follow it up. They should be prosecuted. Might make you feel better too

Not the 1st time something similar like that has happened (2006):

<LI class=g>Hundreds of Dead Pets Dumped

www.washingtonpost.com › MetroVirginiaSimilar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Feb 3, 2006 – The carcasses of hundreds of pets from the Washington region have been dumped in ... 3 Metro article about the discovery of pet carcasses in West Virginia ... foxes, even an exotic bird -- were discovered Saturday morning by a woman ... Fairfax's animal shelter had a contract with Family Pet Cremations in ...

<LI class=g>Hundreds of dead pets found in woods - CNN

articles.cnn.com/.../dumped.animals_1_dead-animals-dogs-and-other...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Feb 2, 2006 – Hundreds of dead cats, dogs and other animals were found in two wooded ... wooded area in Hampshire County, near Capon Bridge, West Virginia. ... animals found had previously been turned over to Family Pet Cremations.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM

499 posts, read 580,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Uh oh... I sense a revolution coming.

Remember this song... "Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding thru the glen....Robin Hood, Robin Hood, with his band of men..,.,"
Nah! We Brits don't rebel! Anyway my home is freehold, land and house is all ours! What English Dave does is up to him but must admit I would certainly check what happens if he misses just one payment of £6. Have read some nasty stories of the outcome. Check it out Dave

Old 04-23-2012, 01:22 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default Rudeness, Lack of all regard for people..

On the subway...Guy plops his soaking wet umbrella on the SEAT near him as opposed to on the floor by his legs, Which is the general rule of thumb here in NYC. Why keep the seats dry??

RUDE!!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,428,983 times
^^^I'm-not-going-to-miss-a-payment.-Mebbe-it'll-be-the-stocks-for-me.-Or-sent-out-to-the-colonies-for-7-years.-Would'nt-mind-being-sent-out-to-the-Americas-for-7-years........I-could-be-the-servant-of-a-Las-Vegas-Showgirl............

Old 04-23-2012, 02:40 PM

499 posts, read 580,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
^^^I'm-not-going-to-miss-a-payment.-Mebbe-it'll-be-the-stocks-for-me.-Or-sent-out-to-the-colonies-for-7-years.-Would'nt-mind-being-sent-out-to-the-Americas-for-7-years........I-could-be-the-servant-of-a-Las-Vegas-Showgirl............
I'd love to be sent to America too, have had the best holidays of my life there, super people and super country Shame I'll never see it again

Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 PM

^^^How-come-you're-never-going-again?-I've-got-to-go-to-America-every-year-for-my-annual-fix!!!-When-I-walk-into-the-Golden-Nugget-in-Las-Vegas-I-am-truly-happy!!!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 AM

Quenelle,-got-your-PM.-I've-tried-sending-you-a-reply,-but-my-machine-for-some-reason-is-refusing-to-send-you-a-message-properly.-You-may-have-got-only-part-of-it,-or-nothing.-My-best-wishes-to-you.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Unhappy Give me a break!

Having people ask you for your opinion and then they want to discuss why your thoughts are wrong and theirs are correct. Give me a break,,,,, don’t ask and I won’t tell. lol People just aren’t happy with a simple “I like it” or “I don’t like it” comment.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:42 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,350 times
Quote:
Going to someone for personal services, ie- haircuts, etc and they do a terrific job but the next time you come back and no where near as good as the 1st time.
I cut my own hair for over 15 years because every time I went to a salon I had to recut my hair anyway. A year ago I decided to give salons another try, because this woman had some good recommendations. I wanted to try something a little different for a change and it looked fine the first 4-5 times I went. Then it started coming out wrong. My hair started sticking out and I couldn't see how to fix it. The last time I told her exactly what I wanted her to do, but it came out looking like the cut she'd been giving me anyway. My hair keeps sticking out oddly again. I guess I'll go back to cutting my own hair. I hate paying someone to cause me aggravation. I get enough of that for free.

.......but that's not why I logged in.
My dishwasher broke a few weeks ago. I called a local repair company, thinking it was the same company that serviced my stove last year. It wasn't, only the name was similar.
Anyway, he told me I needed a certain large part, and it would be an expensive repair. He'd get back to me with more info.
It's been almost 2 weeks since he was here. After he left I looked at parts online and found what I needed. Too bad I have no idea how to pull the old part out and replace it myself. From the way the guy talked, I could tell he knew very little about my model dishwasher.
I guess I'll have to call someone else (if anyone deigns to respond). I've already shelled out $90 for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics