Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 11:31 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times

Advertisements

Hello, friends! Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published?

Have you ever kept a diary or journal?

On average, how many checks do you write in a month?

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it?

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading?

When did you last use a highlighter?

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in?

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing?

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school?

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket?

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart?

That's all the writing I intend to do tonight! Have a happy Tuesday, everyone, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-10-2023, 12:00 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published?

Maybe when i was in school. I don't remember.

No.

Zero.

I have magnetic dry erase board on my fridge where I write what to buy or errands to do. Then before I leave the house I take a picture of it. I also have a "staple" list on my phone

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading?

Did that on my school books. Sometimes I do that on my continuing education materials.

It has been a while. They might be all dry by now...

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in?

Yes. Then I took a picture of the stack for easy finding what I needed.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing?

No. Everyone knew their clothes and stuff.

Of course.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket?

As l said above, I just go through the list on my phone. My list is never very long.

Sure.

That's all the writing I intend to do tonight! Have a happy Tuesday, everyone, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thank you, Pam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 12:23 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No, I've never done that for pay, but when I worked in P.R. for a TV station, I wrote a piece about the station's history that was published in the Sunday newspaper.
Yes. I started keeping a diary when I was 12. Most of my early diaries are lost except for a few months during my teenage years. I have transcribed that and all my handwritten diaries (1977-2004) into a Word document. That was a huge project.
I'd say one or two at most. The rest of the bills are paid online.
I just have a grocery list that is on a notepad in a magnetic holder on the side of the fridge. There's a To-Do list on my iPhone, but I almost never use it.
No, I don't like to do that, especially not with books.
Last year sometime. I don't really remember.
Yes, I'm pretty organized that way.
In high school we had to mark our gym clothes and gym shoes.
Yes, my boyfriend sat right in front of me in English class. He asked me out on my first date that way. As an adult I took electronics classes to prepare for the FCC First Class license test, and one of my classmates was a real flirt. He liked to write me funny notes to crack me up during class. I still have one of them.
Yes, I usually have a list. Sometimes I forget to bring it or lose it in the store. I usually don't bother crossing items off.
Yes, when Mr. Bay and I were first dating. We were co-workers and wanted to keep it secret, so we left notes in each other's inboxes.

Thanks, Pammy!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 01-10-2023 at 12:40 AM..

Old 01-10-2023, 12:27 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,696 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

***I only have had a letter to the editor published in a newspaper.

***Only for a few days when I ten or so. Did not take long to see it was a waste of time

***None. I think the last check I wrote was in 2014.

***On my phone is all I uses

***40 plus years ago in college

***See answer above

***If just moving across town, I just take several small loads in the Jeep. No need to lable anything. If moving a long distance I usually have no real idea where I will end up. So I am limited to what I can cram into a single Jeep load. Again no need to lable things.

***No need to

***I.better plead the 5th

***Me use a shopping list? Yeah like that ever happens

*** Maybe.

Old 01-10-2023, 12:35 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? - Nope.

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? - Briefly as a teen.

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? - Zero.

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? - Just monthly bill paying. It's in my checkbook even though I do not write checks anymore. It just seems an appropriate place to keep. It's still my favorite way to track anything to do with finances.

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? - Nope.

When did you last use a highlighter? - Maybe about a year ago.

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? - Long ago, yes. They are just labeled now.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? - No memory of that.

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? - Probably a few times but definitely not that often.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? - I'm stubborn and won't write a list because I've always remembered. I'm not sure I ever made a shopping list. But these days I'm finding I may forget an item or two. I still do not feel it's necessary to start doing that at this time.

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? - Long ago, sigh...

That's all the writing I intend to do tonight! Have a happy Tuesday, everyone, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. - Thanks, Pam!

Old 01-10-2023, 12:47 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? Yes, several. If so, was it published? Yes most were published.

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? No.

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? 1 or 2

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? Scratch paper or desk calendar.

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? Use post-it's only.

When did you last use a highlighter? 2 weeks ago.

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Yes.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? No.

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? I'm sure I did. That would've been eons ago.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? Yes. If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? No.

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? Sure.

~ Life's a gift. Don't waste it. ~
Rate this post positively ms pam

Old 01-10-2023, 01:15 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Good Morning

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? Zero

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? Yes, in a notebook

When did you last use a highlighter? Last week at work

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Yes

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? Mostly coats for school or for camp.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? Sometimes--I should all the time rather than assuming I have all my items and get home and find out I forgot one because I didn't check my list.

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? A long, long time ago.

Brrrrrr...baby it's cold outside!

Old 01-10-2023, 03:18 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times

----- No.

----- Not for more than a day or two.

------ Apartment only accepted checks, so the average is 1.1 a month

------ on a wipe board in kitchen

----- Never. I read books from the library, magazines at the libraey.

----- Many years agu.

----- I move in my car, very few boxes.

----- I don't think so.

----- Very rarely

----- I walk, and buy only what I can carry. The list is easy to memorize, 5 or 6 items.

----- Of course. They got passed around with howls of laughter.

Old 01-10-2023, 04:58 AM

14,764 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No and N/A
Yes when I was about 9 or 10 years old...I am sure it was riveting.
Just one...because they don't except electronic or automatic payments -just checks
Computer notepad....typed not written.
No.....but in years past I might have
Many moons ago
No, but I wish I had, that would have simplified things
I don't remember...I know I didn't though
Sure, I sort of remember doing that
Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? No...that makes too much sense! Occasionally I actually remember to make a list electronically and check it on my phone

If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket?

Long Long ago...In the days of Yore!

Thanks Miss Pam!

Old 01-10-2023, 05:38 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,031,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published? No

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? A journal

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? 0

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? In my notebook on my writing desk

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? No

When did you last use a highlighter? On moving boxes late last autumn

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Always

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? Yes while on a youth ski trip

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? No

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? Yes always If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? No I just look at the list

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? Yes

Thank you Pammy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics