Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 06:16 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,074,940 times

Advertisements

Hello, friends! Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published?

no, I'm not a writer

Have you ever kept a diary or journal?

no

On average, how many checks do you write in a month?

physical checks? Maybe 2

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it?

phone app called colornote

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading?

No

When did you last use a highlighter?

years and years

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in?

yes, with color coordinating masking tape

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing?

maybe when I was in elementary school

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school?

yep

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket?

another app called my groceries

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart?

of course

That's all the writing I intend to do tonight! Have a happy Tuesday, everyone, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 06:55 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published?yes

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? a journal, yes

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? one a month, sometimes two

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it?right near my desktop

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading?I used to

When did you last use a highlighter?several weeks ago

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in?no, and I wished I had , wound up tossing a couple boxes in the trash that certainly should not have been tossed.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing?yes

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school?yes

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket?yes

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart?yes

That's all the writing I intend to do tonight! Have a happy Tuesday, everyone, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thanks Pam!!

Old 01-10-2023, 07:07 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? No. If so, was it published?

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? A diary when I was a kid.

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? Maybe one.

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? In my purse

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? No

When did you last use a highlighter? When I used to work

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? No

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? No

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? Yes

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? Yes. If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? No

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? Yes

Thank you!

Old 01-10-2023, 07:28 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published?

No.

No. Sometimes I’d like to, but I’m always paranoid that someone will find it and read it. There would be nothing interesting or scandalous in it but I’m pretty private. Just the idea of that happening mortifies me. I do keep sketchbooks and write tons of notes so I feel like that’s sort of like a safe alternative to a journal for me.

I don’t.

In my head.

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading?

No.

Not sure.

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in?

No. Just labeled the contents.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing?

I don’t remember that.

Rarely.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket?

I keep a list on my phone and add to it when I think of something.

No.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:28 AM

1,369 posts, read 613,721 times

Hello. Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published? Letters to the Editor. I would say about 1/2 published

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? Never a diary, but still do journals

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? About 25, 30 maybe.

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? On top of the dining room table, written in those neon colors post it notes

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? Kindle books for me these days but if I find something of interest I just take a picture. In magazines I circle or underline, but mostly just tear out the page of interest being it's mostly recipes

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? Yes If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? No

THX

Good day one and all.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Good morning, PJ and THANK YOU for the excellent questions!

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? No. but I did used to write for a magazine. If so, was it published? My articles for the magazine were always published. I have also written poetry which has been published.

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? Yes.

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? Typically three or four. Nearly all of them are to church thingies. Maybe all of them. I pay most bills online. I could sign up for church stuff online as well but I haven't. Sometimes I write a bigger check, sometimes a smaller check. I like the flexibility.

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? I make notes in my phone.

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? Not often but occasionally. TRUE STORY TIME: One time my mom came over to my house and went through my books (when I wasn't home) and took a bunch of books out of the bookcases and WROTE in the margins - inflammatory stuff like "BS" (except she spelled it out) and other stuff. The goofy thing was, 1) she wrote in ink and 2) these were LIBRARY BOOKS. So she had to pay to replace all of them.

When did you last use a highlighter? A few days ago, at work.

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Yes, mostly.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? I don't recall anyone ever doing this.

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? Oh Lord, yes.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? I add items not on my list to my shopping cart! But sometimes I do make a list, and I often cross things off that list as I add them to the cart. Sometimes the list is on my phone and when I put the item in the cart, I check it off.

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? Yes.

Old 01-10-2023, 07:47 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published? Nope

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? Nope

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? Maybe 2

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? Don't have one

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? Nope

When did you last use a highlighter? In high school, almost 50 years ago

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Yup

Don't think so

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? Yup. Didn't have any classes with my girlfriend so we'd pass notes to each other between classes

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? Yup and Yup

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? I still do quite often!

Old 01-10-2023, 08:12 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

In the 1980s I wrote a fan column in the NY Islanders newspaper. Does that count?

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? In High School or Junior High School, can't remember which. Kept it locked. Stopped after my mother broke into it, anyway.

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? Maybe one or two usually to get cash for myself at the bank drive thru. I can't reach the ATM from my car window at the bank or I would do that and won't go to one you walk up to someplace else.

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? No lists.

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? No, I'm a corner page bender. Top corner for where I left off. Bottom corner if there is something on the page I want to refer to later.

When did you last use a highlighter? In a Word document online a couple of months ago.

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Yes, the moving company told me to do it.

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? No

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? Don't remember. It was more than 55 years ago if I did.

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? No, but I probably should.

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? That's called "evidence."

Old 01-10-2023, 08:39 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,572 posts, read 81,167,557 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever submitted a story or article for publication in a periodical? If so, was it published? o, however I did have a paper that I did in college footnoted in an article in a professional journal. More recently my name was mentioned in the forward of a published book.

Have you ever kept a diary or journal? No

On average, how many checks do you write in a month? None, we have been all internet/App payments since about 2009.

If you have a written to-do list, where do you keep it? On the back of the pantry door.

When reading a magazine or book, do you ever write notes in the page margins or circle or underline any of the content of what you're reading? No

When did you last use a highlighter? Ink one, I don't remember. Editing emails, Word Documents or PDF's, almost every day, most recently about 1/2 hour ago.

When you moved from one residence to another in the past, did you label boxes designating which room each should be placed in? Yes

During your childhood did you - or anyone on your behalf - ever write your name in some of your articles of clothing? Just jackets.

Did you ever write and pass a note to a classmate in school? Yes, and once in 8th grade had to stay after and write 100 times on the chalkboard "A student shall never throw any object at any time."

Do you write a shopping list before you head for the supermarket? If so, do you cross items off the list as you add the items to your shopping cart or basket? Yes, and yes, unless the list is on the phone, but paper still works better.

Have you ever written a love note to a sweetheart? I don't remember doing it except to my wife (married 48 years),

Old 01-10-2023, 10:29 AM

24,466 posts, read 25,999,509 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No

Thought about it but. no. Like Laura said. Evidence.

2 tops.

Scattered about on my desk.

No

Last month, don't remember what for.

Yep, gym clothes.

We did when we went to a market pre covid.

No need, she sat right next to me.

Thanx Pam, way to go.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics