Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2023, 09:26 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first Tuesday in the new year! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday. Let's get down to business and answer

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed?

Have you ever slept on silk sheets?

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern?

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)?

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep?

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)?

Is there a walk-in closet in your home?

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)?

Is your bedroom carpeted?

Are there any storage containers under your bed?

Do you wear slippers at home?

Do you ever wear socks to bed?

That's all for today, folks! Now go forth, have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-02-2023, 09:37 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first Tuesday in the new year! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday. Let's get down to business and answer

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed?Uffda, been a while!

Have you ever slept on silk sheets?no

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern? solid

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)? three, including an electric blanket!

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep?no

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)?

Is there a walk-in closet in your home?no

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)?sliding

Is your bedroom carpeted?yes

Are there any storage containers under your bed?no

Do you wear slippers at home?no

Do you ever wear socks to bed?yes

That's all for today, folks! Now go forth, have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

First one in--YAY!! Thanks Pam!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2023, 09:46 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,607,079 times

----- New? ca. 1980

----- No.

----- No matter.

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)

------ no

----- no

-----Yes

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)?
----- Just llike all my other interior doors

----- no

----- sometimes

------ no

------ no

That's all for toda

Old 01-02-2023, 11:00 PM

21,549 posts, read 8,731,914 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I believe it was about two years ago.
No, I haven't.
Solid color.
How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)?
Three (bottom sheet, top sheet, duvet with cover).
Yes, I do. I bought myself a new one for Christmas. It's made of pink silk, and it's weighted.
Yes. They're not specifically light-blocking but they're lined and - along with the blinds - they do the job.
No.
Bi-fold.
Yes, it is.
No, but I store extra leaves for the dining room table under the bed.
Yes, I do.
Sometimes, on cold nights.

Thanks, Pammy!

Old 01-02-2023, 11:07 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Not sure.
Yes.
Since I'm asleep, it doesn't matter to me.
No. I guess you'd have to clean that or risk eye infections?
Nope. Not worried about some light.
Several.
Sliding.
Yes.
Nope.
Daily.
Nightly.

Thanks, Pam.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:12 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed? It's been years.

Have you ever slept on silk sheets? Once, did not care for the slippin' & sliding. Plus they're cold.

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern? Solid white or light blue.

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)? Bolded ^.

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep? No, but one time wore a Zorro mask for, oh never mind.

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)? Yes.

Is there a walk-in closet in your home? Yes.

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)? It's called a Pocket door that slides into the wall.

Is your bedroom carpeted? Totally.

Are there any storage containers under your bed? Yes, xmas wrappings..

Do you wear slippers at home? No, only shoes or flip flops.

Do you ever wear socks to bed? No. Does a puppet sock count. .

Rate this post positively ms Pam

Old 01-03-2023, 12:34 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Long time ago. I have at least a dozen of sets already.

In a hotel. Not really that great, though. I do sleep at home on silk pillow covers that are known to improve skin and hair hydration, prevent fine lines and wrinkles, and result in smoother, frizz-free hair every morning.

No particular preference. Just not dark colors. I prefer white or pastel colors.

Mattress, quilted fitted mattress pillow top, fitted sheet, down duvet in a cover, down pillow. Occasionally electric blanket and/or weighted plush blanket. Guest room has two duvets, two pillows and a blanket.

No. My bedroom is pitch dark - no city or street lights.

No heavy duty drapes. Just sheer curtains and regular drapes that are open. I like to wake up when it's bright outside.

Yes. Two - guest bedroom has a walk-in closet, master bedroom has attached room with a floor mirror, dresser, shelves and ottoman. .

Just a regular room door.

No carpets in my house.

No. Have plenty of closets and dressers.

Definitely. Light slippers in the Summer and warm slippers in the Winter.

Seldom, but it happens. I like to sleep in a cold bedroom, with windows open in the Winter.

You too, Pam!! Happy New Year!!!

Last edited by elnina; 01-03-2023 at 01:02 AM..

Old 01-03-2023, 12:53 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
Happy 1st Tuesday of 2023!

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed? Probably has been about five years.

Have you ever slept on silk sheets? I like linen best. I do use silk pillowcases.

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern? Five or so years ago I went back to just white sheets. Keep it simple...

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)? mattress cover, bottom sheet, top sheet, down comforter

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)? No, just sheer curtains--I light a bit of light coming in from the moon at night and natural light during the day.

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)? Regular door

Are there any storage containers under your bed? One shoe container

Do you ever wear socks to bed? I start out with socks, then at some point they come off

Enjoy the day...

Old 01-03-2023, 12:56 AM

6,875 posts, read 4,877,055 times
Bought new sheets about four months ago and am going to look at some others tomorrow. Costco has some 800 thread count ones on sale. If they are 100 percent cotton, and not some blend they are trying to pass off, and if I like the colors, I will get another set.

I prefer dark solid colors in sheets. I wouldn't be against a pattern, depending on what it is.

I have a Pendleton wool blanket on my bed. It's decorative enough to be a cover. That's it. I don't want to sleep under a lot of weight. If my house was frightfully cold I would get a heated mattress pad. Just don't crush me under comforters, etc.

Just mini blinds on the bedroom windows. A walk in closet with a regular door. Bedrooms are carpeted. No storage containers under the bed.

I wear slide in sandals in lieu of slippers. I do not wear socks to bed. Sometimes I stick my feet out from under the blanket. I don't like hot feet. Of course I don't want cold feet either, but that's more likely to happen if I am outside.

Old 01-03-2023, 01:43 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed? - About one year ago within a 2 month span I bought 3 sets, all with a very high thread count.

Have you ever slept on silk sheets? - Long ago.

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern? - All are solid color.

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)? - Sheet and comforter are enough.
Mattress cover and fitted bottom sheet as well.

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep? - Don't.

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)? - IDK. What I was given when I moved here is pretty good.

Is there a walk-in closet in your home? - Sort of but it's not very big.

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)? - N/A. No bedroom here, just an area. My only closet does not have a door.

Is your bedroom carpeted? - No carpeting anywhere.

Are there any storage containers under your bed? - Nope.

Do you wear slippers at home? - Yes, it's a fairly new thing...

Do you ever wear socks to bed? - Yes.

That's all for today, folks! Now go forth, have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. - Thanks, Pam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics