Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 12:26 PM

14,878 posts, read 8,201,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first Tuesday in the new year! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday. Let's get down to business and answer

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed?
Last year
Have you ever slept on silk sheets?
I have, weirdly enough I don't like them much, you could turn over, slide off the bed and break
your neck on those things! I much prefer cotton or flannel sheets (even jersey sheets over them).

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern?
Either/or....I have sets of both
How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)?
5- bottom sheet and top sheet, 2 blankets and a comforter...my preferred way to sleep is in a really cool or cold room, under a mound of blankets! If the room or weather or whatever is warmer then I keep taking off layers until there is only a sheet and a comforter, or even just one layer. (I have been known to shut off the heating vent in the bedroom, or open a window in the middle of winter!)

In the summer it's just the two sheets and the comforter usually.

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep?

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)?
I do. (My husband works third shift and sleeps in the day, so it is necessity.) They are thermal also and save on heating/cooling costs.
Is there a walk-in closet in your home?
No, but I so miss one! I love them!
We had them in our other home before moving to here.
What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)?
It has two bi-fold doors.
Is your bedroom carpeted?
Yes
Are there any storage containers under your bed?
There is one box, my cat 'Bandit' likes to go under the bed and sleep in it, at times.
Do you wear slippers at home?
Yes! Most often, occasionally fuzzy socks or Muk Luk Cabin socks...I get cold feet easily.

Do you ever wear socks to bed?
Yes, Sometimes!

That's all for today, folks! Now go forth, have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thanks!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 01-03-2023 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 04:27 PM

5,614 posts, read 6,559,575 times
When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed? Several years ago. I have 3 sets of warm weather sheets and 3 sets of flannel sheets. I like what I buy so don't get tired of things very quickly.

Have you ever slept on silk sheets? Yes, and gave them away very soon afterwards. Not my cup of tea. And I was married at the time. Or maybe they were satin sheets? Either way, they were way too slippery, (the pillows kept sliding off), and cool to the touch to sleep on. I need warmth, and cotton......

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern? Either/or. Depends on the pattern.

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)? Fitted sheet, matching top sheet, all season blanket (Vellux) that I have used, in like, forever (of course changed it out and changed the color and size over time), and a comforter that I only use as decor when the bed is made. Otherwise it is folded back neatly at the foot of the bed.

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep? No. I have no problem whatsoever sleeping. Used to annoy my husband as he could stay awake for hours because "he could not turn off his brain".

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)? No, but do have black out shades along with my normal shades so I can sleep in in the morning or take a nap during the day if desired (I have Silhouette shades by Hunter Douglas throughout my small home and got remote ones put in my bedroom so if I am sick or on my deathbed I can still view my back yard and beloved birds, especially my cardinals).

Is there a walk-in closet in your home? Yes. Not huge, as I have a garden home, but I have one. Just being me, retired, if I got rid of clothes I no longer wear it would look almost empty, lol (I only have a few dresses that are sentimental to me that are no longer in style, and no longer fit, that I have hanging in there that I don't wear).

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)? A typical hollow, I think, white door with 4 raised panels built onto/into it.

Is your bedroom carpeted? Yes. Being originally from a northern state I cannot stand being cold, and carpet makes a house warmer, IMO.

Are there any storage containers under your bed? Yes. I have 2, both clear, with wheels, with red tops. One I keep gift items in (to give as gifts as I find them), the other I have Christmas items that cannot be stored in the garage or attic and I use the most.

Do you wear slippers at home? Always.

Do you ever wear socks to bed? No.

That's all for today, folks! Happy 2023 to you! I always enjoy your questions and look forward tothem. Hope they continue in the new year!

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 01-03-2023 at 04:38 PM..

Old 01-03-2023, 09:43 PM

5,918 posts, read 3,819,991 times
[b]Hello, everyone! Welcome to the first Tuesday in the new year! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday. Let's get down to business and answer

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When did you last obtain a new set of sheets for your bed?
I need some now. It's been a minute since I bought new sheets.

Have you ever slept on silk sheets?
No silk just satin

Bed sheets: do you prefer a solid color or a pattern?
I prefer patterns but a solid is good too.

How many fabric layers are on your bed (e.g., bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket, bedspread, comforter, etc.)?
Bottom, top is all I use. When I make the bed I have a bedspread that I use but otherwise it sits on the footboard folded in a way that makes it easy to pull up if I need to. I have a mattress pad underneath the sheets so I guess that counts too?

Do you wear an eye mask when you sleep?
Nah, never have.

Do you have heavy light-blocking drapes in your bedroom (like those in hotel rooms)?
I do have black-out curtains, I have to. There is a street lamp in my front yard that shines in my bedroom very brightly at night. I'm not complaining, I'm fortunate to have it in my yard. It's dark in this neighborhood.

Is there a walk-in closet in your home?
Yes, sort of. I can walk into it but it's a stretch to call it a real walk-in.

What sort of door is on the closet in your master bedroom (e.g., sliding, bi-fold, louvred, mirrored)?
Run of the mill standard white cheap door, nothing special.

Is your bedroom carpeted?
It was when I first moved in. It was very cheap and didn't hold up so a few years ago I had laminate floors installed. Looks fabulous. Carpet blows.

Are there any storage containers under your bed?
Yes. I think. Well there's storage containers but what else is under there is a mystery. It's low on the priority list with everything else going on.

Do you wear slippers at home?
Sometimes. Usually I'm barefoot though. Old habits die hard.

Do you ever wear socks to bed?
Never. My feet would be too hot and I wouldn't be able to sleep.

That's all for today, folks! Now go forth, have a terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thank you Miss PJ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics