Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 12:45 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,414,293 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday March 16, everybody-and welcome to QOTD

Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ?
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ?

Extra Credit:
Realize Pam asked similar question to this, last Tues-
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change,
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ?

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ?

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ?

Today in History:
1926: In Auburn, Mass. Professor Robert Goddard launches the first flight of a liquid-propellant rocket
1953: Birth of actress Isabelle Huppert (I Heart Huckabees)
1954: Birth of singer, songwriter, and musician Nancy Wilson (Heart)
1963: Birth of actor & singer Jerome Flynn (Game of Thrones)
1967: Birth of actress Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls)
1971: Birth of actor Alan Tudyk (Firefly)
1984: Birth of actress, writer, and comedian Aisling Bea (This Way Up)

Today’s Word:
mollify /ˈmäləˌfī/ (vb.): Assuage, soothe-allay concerns, neutralize anger, to set one’s mind at ease.

Today Is:
Freedom of Information Day
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week
World Folktales & Fables Week
National Fix A Leak Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left-

Thought for the Day:
“One sees qualities at a distance and defects at close range.”

-Victor Hugo

Wishing all y’all a day in which socializing & activity occur at a safe distance (from other humans), as recommended by public health officials...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 01:00 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,163,022 times

Today’s Question:
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ?

Extra Credit:
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change,
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ?
Nope.
Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ?

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ?

Today in History:
1926: In Auburn, Mass. Professor Robert Goddard launches the first flight of a liquid-propellant rocket
1953: Birth of actress Isabelle Huppert (I Heart Huckabees)
1954: Birth of singer, songwriter, and musician Nancy Wilson (Heart)
1963: Birth of actor & singer Jerome Flynn (Game of Thrones)
1967: Birth of actress Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls)
1971: Birth of actor Alan Tudyk (Firefly)
1984: Birth of actress, writer, and comedian Aisling Bea (This Way Up)

Today’s Word:
mollify /ˈmäləˌfī/ (vb.): Assuage, soothe-allay concerns, neutralize anger, to set one’s mind at ease.

Today Is:
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week
National Fix A Leak Week

Thought for the Day:

-Victor Hugo

Wishing all y’all a day in which socializing & activity occur at a safe distance (from other humans), as recommended by public health officials...

I wish everyone the same! Thanks Cloven!

Old 03-16-2020, 01:04 AM

44,742 posts, read 62,042,482 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? Between 2 & 3 am.
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? Check clock.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change, figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? Our clocks don't change in AZ.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? Several have closed.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both? Rest, go shopping, eat some ice cream. Depends.

Old 03-16-2020, 01:14 AM

21,712 posts, read 8,846,947 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night?
Usually about 3:30 am.
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method)?
I glance at the clock-radio or my phone.
Extra Credit:
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway)?
No, I changed all of them.
Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus?
Yes, our schools are closed.
Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both?
I usually put on my Air Pods and listen to music.

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week That's every week for me!

Thanks, cloven!

Old 03-16-2020, 01:56 AM

30,853 posts, read 16,473,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:

no idea.

Extra Credit:

yup. The one in the car.

Bonus:

schools, libraries, stores...

Just for Fun:

mostly just zone out. my body may be cleaning the bathroom but my mind is on a hiking trail in the woods.

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week yeehaa! a whole week!!
National Fix A Leak Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left-

Thought for the Day:

-Victor Hugo

thanks, Cloven

Old 03-16-2020, 02:11 AM

8,000 posts, read 5,444,924 times
Good Morning--it is another a"mazing" Monday!

Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? ~7:30pm
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? I look at my clock, I put on a program, set the timer, and normally asleep within a few minutes.

Extra Credit:
Realize Pam asked similar question to this, last Tues-Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change,Good to ask it again--reminds me to bug my husband to fix the one clock that is still incorrect!

Bonus:
Yes, schools are closed for the next two weeks.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? Beforehand I figure how long it will take me.

Today Is:
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day
-this week is-
American Chocolate Week I will participate!
National Fix A Leak Week

Today’s Picture:

Nice maze!

Crazy times going on--very unsettling. Embrace solitude!

Old 03-16-2020, 03:06 AM

37,851 posts, read 41,226,819 times
Today’s Question:
No idea. Don't go to sleep until I'm tired. I do usually listen to music with earphones before I go to sleep and sometimes fall asleep before the CD ends because I wake up with the earphones still on in the morning.

Extra Credit:
Just the DVD player which I don't use or see from where I sit.

Bonus:
I have no idea if the K-12 schools are closed or not. Right now there is no virus in my county. I do know the college around the corner from me is on Spring break until next Monday because I looked it up this past Saturday.

Just for Fun:
First, I procrastinate, then I have to do it, like it or not. Today, I'm getting my taxes done, something I have always done myself in the past, usually the last week of March/first week of April. Takes 20 minutes tops but this year I will have to pay so I want to make sure it's done right. I'm telling them I'm dropping it off and then they can call me when it's done. While my taxes are being done, I'm going to take photos of birds on the campus of the college that is closed (see previous answer) for Spring break.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:28 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,876,410 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? ** Different times, not on a schedule
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? ** I don't always remember what time I go to sleep, usually it's while I'm reading.

Extra Credit:
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? ** The clock in the car was to have changed automatically, but it didn't. It's a process to change it; I may leave it the way it is.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? ** All schools in NH and VT have or will be closed sometime this week.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? ** Listen to music during and after

Today’s Word:
mollify /ˈmäləˌfī/ (vb.): Assuage, soothe-allay concerns, neutralize anger, to set one’s mind at ease. ** I will mollify my daughters and self quarantine.

Thought for the Day:
-Victor Hugo ....... Yes.

Wishing all y’all a day in which socializing & activity occur at a safe distance (from other humans), as recommended by public health officials... ** Thanks, cloven. Easier for some of us to do than others.

Last edited by kpinvt; 03-16-2020 at 03:54 AM..

Old 03-16-2020, 03:41 AM

11,439 posts, read 9,378,049 times
Today’s Question:
- Usually about 10 PM.

If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? - I look but around that time it's usually time to get ready for the next day.

Extra Credit:
- I set to proper time.

Bonus:
- Shut down here.

Just for Fun:
- I have plenty of unpleasant days.
No special reward.

Thanks, cloven!

Old 03-16-2020, 03:43 AM

3,098 posts, read 1,709,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? It varies from one night to the next. I'm up later than usual right now.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change, We don't change our clocks in the fall with two exceptions: my bedside alarm clock, and my watch. Everything else waits around until it's correct again in a few months.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? Yep, until end of the month. It includes a week of spring break, anyway, so it isn't that bad.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? If it's a physical chore I just blast on music from the stereo. If it's something involving paperwork or research, i just suffer.

Thanks, Cloven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics