Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 04:27 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday March 16, everybody-and welcome to QOTD

Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? I usually fall asleep at 9:30 pm
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? I usually sleep right through until 5 am

Extra Credit:
Realize Pam asked similar question to this, last Tues-
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change, No
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? I always change it back to the correct time

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? Yes everywhere.......

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? If it is nice outside I spend time outside,or I get comfortable and read a book

Today in History:
1926: In Auburn, Mass. Professor Robert Goddard launches the first flight of a liquid-propellant rocket
1953: Birth of actress Isabelle Huppert (I Heart Huckabees)
1954: Birth of singer, songwriter, and musician Nancy Wilson (Heart)
1963: Birth of actor & singer Jerome Flynn (Game of Thrones)
1967: Birth of actress Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls)
1971: Birth of actor Alan Tudyk (Firefly)
1984: Birth of actress, writer, and comedian Aisling Bea (This Way Up)

Today’s Word:
mollify /ˈmäləˌfī/ (vb.): Assuage, soothe-allay concerns, neutralize anger, to set one’s mind at ease.

Today Is:
Freedom of Information Day
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week
World Folktales & Fables Week
National Fix A Leak Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left-

Thought for the Day:
“One sees qualities at a distance and defects at close range.”

-Victor Hugo

Wishing all y’all a day in which socializing & activity occur at a safe distance (from other humans), as recommended by public health officials...
THANK YOU cloven and stay safe and healthy EVERYONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 06:51 AM

9,823 posts, read 14,410,533 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? No, sometimes 9 p.m. sometimes midnight, sometimes 3 a.m., sometimes 5 a.m. It depends on my workload. I'm more focused on "due dates" involving my business.

If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? I'm not a clock watcher when it comes to falling asleep. I just keep track of my business appointments, and watch the clock so I'm not late.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change,
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again No....in my business, that's not a good thing to do (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ?

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? Yes

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? ....None of my jobs are unpleasant. With each job I complete in my home/office, my rewards are tallied in my Accounts Receivable Quick Books. I check the totals of outstanding invoices now and then, which is an incentive for me. Another incentive, is knowing that I helped another Veteran. I just smile when people say "You're 79? When are you retiring" ????

Wishing all y’all a day in which socializing & activity occur at a safe distance (from other humans), as recommended by public health officials...

Thanks Cloven. Safety gear in place, safe distance a must, and a full day of business appointments.

Last edited by rdlr; 03-16-2020 at 06:59 AM..

Old 03-16-2020, 07:28 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,035 posts, read 82,286,952 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? Roughly 10pm
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? Estimated time lying awake

Extra Credit:
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change,
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? No, not a clock, but the timer on my fish feeder.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? All schools closed statewide

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? Music while doing it

Old 03-16-2020, 07:29 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,549,646 times

U]Today’s Question:[/u]
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? 11:30
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? Just a feeling that I do.

Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change, [/b]
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? no

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? I live in Illinois. The Governor of this state has closed everything. Schools, city offices, Libraries, some health clubs. As of tonight all bars and restaurants are closing for two weeks.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? Nothing

Old 03-16-2020, 08:38 AM

4,054 posts, read 2,929,800 times
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? === I don't really. However, I tend to fall asleep about 2 minutes after I turn out my bedside lamp.

Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change, figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? === I don't think so.

Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ? === Yes.

What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ? === I sit down with a cup of coffee and check out the news or a favorite site on my laptop.

Thanks cloven. Stay well!

Old 03-16-2020, 09:48 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,882,870 times
[quote=cloven;57577402]Happy Monday March 16, everybody-and welcome to QOTD

Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ? It varies. It could be 1am, 3am, 4am, 5am.
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ? Sometimes I just pass out cold watching something so I don't know when I fall asleep.

Extra Credit:
Have you ever left (or do you still leave) a clock with the incorrect time during the time change, Yes, the one in my car that is now right again.
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ? Hopefully this is permanent now.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ?Yes. Everything is closed including restaurants. It's about to get real ugly here. We will drive out of Cook county to shop. I found a place that might be okay for a little while. Timing when to stay home for about a month is difficult, but it's coming.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ?
We went out for lunch for the last time in a remote area after my biopsy last week.
Today in History:
1926: In Auburn, Mass. Professor Robert Goddard launches the first flight of a liquid-propellant rocket

Today’s Word:
mollify /ˈmäləˌfī/ (vb.): Assuage, soothe-allay concerns, neutralize anger, to set one’s mind at ease.

Today Is:
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week
National Fix A Leak Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

-Victor Hugo

Thanks Cloven but no socializing at all now. We are pretty isolated with minimal trips to the store for supplies.

Old 03-16-2020, 09:48 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,266,318 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night ?
Nope, varies from 10 to 11:30 PM.

If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ?

Extra Credit:
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ?
One car hasn't been changed, not a problem to change it, just not a need to change it.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ?
Yes

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both ?
Call a handyman to do the chore.

Thanx Cloven, gotta run.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:30 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,852,687 times

Today’s Question:
Yes every night
If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method) ?
I have a CPAP and it gives a sleep report each morning after I turn it off which tells me how long I've been sleeping.

Extra Credit:
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway) ?
I don't have many clocks so no but I know people who do that.

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus ?
Yes they have closed the schools for two weeks as of today

Just for Fun:
I just crank up the music to get through a chore, it really does help

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
Well-Elderly Day
Panda Day

-this week is-
American Chocolate Week
National Fix A Leak Week

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

-Victor Hugo

Thanks Cloven Everyone stay safe and be sure to wash, wash, wash those hands!

Old 03-16-2020, 10:51 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,995,456 times
Good day to all! Gosh, I'm tired of all this COVID-19 stuff. Ready to just move on...

Today’s Question:
I try to go to bed at the same time every night. I usually fall asleep asap.

Extra Credit:
Yes, we leave the clock on our garage door opener controller, the clock on the water filtration system, and the anniversary clock in the Family Room as is year round.

Bonus:
Yep, they're doing it here. Yay...

Just for Fun:
I set goals for several points of completion (25%, 50%, 75%, etc.). Makes the job go quicker!

OK, gang. Back to work for me. Have a great day!

Old 03-16-2020, 12:31 PM

100,354 posts, read 4,527,437 times
Today’s Question:
Do you know what time you fall asleep each night?
About 11 PM

If so, *how* do you know (do you remember the last time you looked at your clock, or by some other method)?
I look at my clock and go to sleep very quickly.

Extra Credit:
figuring that in 6 months (give or take) it will be correct again (and it’s too much trouble to bother resetting it anyway)?
No

Bonus:
Have there been school closures in your vicinity declared, as attempts to slow transmission of the corona virus?
Yes.

Just for Fun:
What is a thing you do (for fun) in order to get through an unpleasant chore/activity-is it a reward afterwards, competing stimuli during, or a combination of both?
The relief and satisfaction I feel in getting an unpleasant chore completed is reward enough for me.

Thank you, cloven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics