Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 12:33 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,387,180 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday March 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors ?
If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ?

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ?

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ?
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ?
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ?

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ?

Today in History:
1926: Bertha Knight Landes is elected mayor of Seattle, Wash., the first woman to govern a large American city
1964: Birth of actress & dancer Juliette Binoche (The English Patient)
1978: Official opening of the Jagorawi Toll Road, Indonesia’s first turnpike/toll road, connecting Jakarta with other West Javanese cities
1979: Birth of actor Oscar Isaac (Drive)
1986: Birth of actress Brittany Snow (Someone Great)
1990: Antonia Novello becomes the U.S. Surgeon General, the first woman to serve in that capacity

Today’s Word:
precis /prāˈsē,ˈprāsē/ (n.): Summary, outline, brief recap of presented material (from a speech or piece of writing).

Today Is:
Commonwealth Day (Canada)
Napping Day
Panic Day
National Crabmeat Day

-this week is-
Termite Awareness Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at top center & upper right-

Thought for the Day:
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”

-Leo Buscaglia

Wishing all y’all a smooth & simple day during which the past weekend’s time change
(assuming you live someplace which observes this clock-resetting nonsense LOL) doesn’t throw you off too terribly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2020, 12:40 AM

21,598 posts, read 8,767,056 times
Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors?
I have a Columbia parka with a detachable hood and a zip-out fleece vest.
If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet?
No, I wear the same shoes year-round, though I have sandals for the occasional really hot day.
Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps?
Top left hand desk drawer
Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard?
I'm not sure. I used to have one, but I haven't seen it in ages.
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall?
No, nothing like that.
Do you use either of those at work, or at home?
I would use the clipboard if I could find it.

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind?
I think the last time was in August when I bought some for Mr. Bay's birthday.

Thanks, cloven!

Old 03-09-2020, 12:47 AM

44,668 posts, read 61,774,875 times
Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors ? Jacket & shoes.
If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ? No I wear the same all year around.

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ? Desk drawer.

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ? Yes.
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? No.
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ? Home.

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ? It's been years and they were a variety pack.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:28 AM

11,395 posts, read 9,317,843 times
Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors ?
- The rare occasion was Friday night when I came out of an event to be greeted by heavy rain and cold wind. I held my jacket over me and did a fast walk to my car.

If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet? - N/A

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ? - In my computer desk drawer I have a few, Rarely use anymore.

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ? - A must for my job. Needed at times...

Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? - No bulletin board.
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ? ^

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ?
- No memory of this ever happening. Definitely not in recent years.

Thanks, cloven!

Old 03-09-2020, 04:56 AM

126,360 posts, read 19,120,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday March 9, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors ? with all the snow we had and the bitter cold winds I wear a parka,while on a rainy and windy day I just wear a rain jacket
If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ? I have switched over to regular walking shoes,but my winter boots are still in the closet.Winter is not over yet in this region........

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ? In a little decorative box on my writing desk

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ? Used to
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? I used to have a decorative one in my kitchen many years ago.It was quite practical while the kids grew up.
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ? I used it years ago at home

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Valentines Day Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ? It was Merci chocolate

Today in History:
1926: Bertha Knight Landes is elected mayor of Seattle, Wash., the first woman to govern a large American city
1964: Birth of actress & dancer Juliette Binoche (The English Patient)
1978: Official opening of the Jagorawi Toll Road, Indonesia’s first turnpike/toll road, connecting Jakarta with other West Javanese cities
1979: Birth of actor Oscar Isaac (Drive)
1986: Birth of actress Brittany Snow (Someone Great)
1990: Antonia Novello becomes the U.S. Surgeon General, the first woman to serve in that capacity

Today’s Word:
precis /prāˈsē,ˈprāsē/ (n.): Summary, outline, brief recap of presented material (from a speech or piece of writing).

Today Is:
Napping Day......................sounds good to me
Panic Day
National Crabmeat Day

-this week is-
Termite Awareness Week

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at top center & upper right-

Thought for the Day:

-Leo Buscaglia

Wishing all y’all a smooth & simple day during which the past weekend’s time change
(assuming you live someplace which observes this clock-resetting nonsense LOL) doesn’t throw you off too terribly
THANK YOU cloven

Old 03-09-2020, 05:41 AM

37,808 posts, read 41,097,858 times
Today’s Question:
I wear a hoodie and put the hood up but I don't change what's on my feet. I just don't walk where there is mud.
If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ? Don't have seasonal footwear.

Extra Credit:
The standing floor lamp between my comfy chair and the wall has 2, I guess you could call it shelves. Keep my stamps on one of them. I have contemplated keeping my stamps in the car, though, since I get in mine to mail things in front of the post office. I just don't know if doing that would impact them in hot weather.

Bonus:
No
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? No
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ? I could use a clipboard at home.

Just for Fun:
Too long ago to remember.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:35 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,437,729 times
[color=darkred][b]Today’s Question:

Nothing extra.

If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ?

I don’t have any seasonal footwear. My wardrobe doesn’t vary much throughout the year.

Extra Credit:

If I have some usually in a drawer.

Bonus:

No.

Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ?
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ?

I have a dry erase board in the kitchen.

Just for Fun:

I don’t know.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:54 AM

9,745 posts, read 14,305,991 times
Today’s Question:
I work outside all year long, in all kinds of weather. So, in the trunk of my car, I have a raincoat, jacket with hood, scarfs, rain boots, snow boots, gloves, umbrella, and rolls of paper towels to help get the mud/snow off my boots/shoes......Not a glamorous job, but I love it!

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ? desk drawer

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ? Yes, I can't go out to work without it

Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? None of those, but a white dry erase board, hanging on the wall next to my desk....needed for flow charts to keep track of my jobs and stages of work completed. I've worked a 60 hour/week for a long, long time, and without that flow chart, I'd be lost. I have to be organized.

Do you use either of those at work, or at home ? Home Office

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ? Valentines Day...I told my husband not to buy me any, so he got me a dollar heart shaped box with 3 pieces of candy in it. After 60 years of marriage, he's still very thoughtful!
Today Is:
Napping Day
Panic Day
National Crabmeat Day I live in "crab country"....on a peninsula between the ocean and bays, so we have fresh caught crabs year-round.
-this week is-
Termite Awareness Week

Wishing all y’all a smooth & simple day during which the past weekend’s time change Time change is just something to adapt to.
(assuming you live someplace which observes this clock-resetting nonsense LOL) doesn’t throw you off too terribly Not nonsense to me, as the new time gives me more daylight to schedule appointments. I love it!
Thanks Cloven

Last edited by rdlr; 03-09-2020 at 07:09 AM..

Old 03-09-2020, 07:27 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,410,365 times
Happy A"mazing" Monday!

Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors ? If it is very cold, my parka. Muddy--my hiking shoes to give me good grip.

If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ? No, not yet.

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ? China closet drawer

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ? Yes, rarely use it!
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? Yes, in the kitchen

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ? Christmas time--son's gf brought us a gourmet box of assorted chocolates.

Today Is:
Napping Day oops, did that yesterday, thought that was yesterday!
Panic Day
National Crabmeat Day
-this week is-
Termite Awareness Week

Today’s Picture:
Nice maze!

Thought for the Day:
-Leo Buscaglia True

(assuming you live someplace which observes this clock-resetting nonsense LOL) doesn’t throw you off too terribly It will throw me off since I will think it is earlier than usual with the daylight. Will have to adjust to going to bed when it is still daylight. Enjoy your day!

Old 03-09-2020, 07:29 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,873,363 times
Today’s Question:
What do you wear to protect you against the elements when it’s windy-or muddy-outdoors ? ** Layers. I dress in layers, esp. in the spring and fall. I also have tall rubber boots to wear during mud season and for when the fields are wet. Though I live only 7 miles from town it is always funny, to me, to see people in sandals when I'm still slopping around in snow boots.

If applicable, based on the climate range where you live-have you switched out/in any seasonal footwear yet ? ** I will wear the tall rubber boots today.

Extra Credit:
Where in your home do you keep your postage stamps ? ** I have a decorated wooden box that my parents used for bills, stamps, etc.

Bonus:
Do you have a clipboard ? ** A couple, yes.
Do you have a bulletin board (cork board) on the wall ? ** Not any more.
Do you use either of those at work, or at home ? ** I had many bulletin boards along the walls in my classroom that the kids and I kept decorated/filled with work & displays. Retired now, I don't have bulletin boards.

Just for Fun:
When is the last time you gave-or received-a box of chocolates ? Were the contents a variety (flavors/fillings) or all the same kind ? ** A box? Years & years. I always looked for the chocolate covered caramels.

Today’s Word:

Thought for the Day:
-Leo Buscaglia. ** Good reminder!

(assuming you live someplace which observes this clock-resetting nonsense LOL) doesn’t throw you off too terribly. ** Thanks, cloven!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics