Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 10:34 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,378,216 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday January 6, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Do you own/use return address labels (stickers with your name & address on them) ?

Extra Credit:
Have you had to repair/replace part of a toilet, whether interior (something in the tank), or exterior (the lid/seat) ?

Bonus:
Have you eaten a frozen meal sold in a box, that you heat up in an oven ?
Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating ?
Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat ?

Just for Fun:
Are there flavored or candy-coated nuts of some sort that you like…such as honey roasted, toffee-covered, spicy/hot pepper added, etc. ?

Today in History:
1912: New Mexico becomes the United States’ 47th state
1934: Birth of actress Sylvia Syms (Absolute Beginners)
1951: Birth of singer Kim Wilson (of the Fabulous Thunderbirds)
1955: Birth of actor, comedian, and writer Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean)
1982: Birth of actor Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)

Today’s Word:
paroxysm /ˈperəkˌsizəm/ (n.): A sudden, extreme outburst, or worsening of a recurring symptom.
An intense fit, spell, or episode of physical activity-or expression of unbridled emotion.

Today Is:
National Technology Day
National Shortbread Day

-this week is-
National Folic Acid Awareness Week
-this month is-
Get A Balanced Life Month
International Brain Teaser Month
National Hot Tea Month
National Braille Literacy Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are the star symbols, at middle left & middle right edges-

Thought for the Day:
“History contains heroes, but no one is a hero entirely, and no one is a hero for very long.”

-Alexandra Petri

Wishing all y’all a first Monday of the new year that’s neither too salty nor too spicy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 10:42 PM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Today’s Question:
Do you own/use return address labels (stickers with your name & address on them) ? Yes hundreds of them.

Extra Credit:
Have you had to repair/replace part of a toilet, whether interior (something in the tank), or exterior (the lid/seat) ? Yes just recently replaced all the interior parts.

Bonus:
Have you eaten a frozen meal sold in a box, that you heat up in an oven ? Yes tonight.
Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating ? Rehab.
Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat ? Conventional oven.

Just for Fun:
Are there flavored or candy-coated nuts of some sort that you like…such as honey roasted, toffee-covered, spicy/hot pepper added, etc. ? Toffee ones.

Another nice maze Cloven. I'd share some toffee with you but I just finished it before you posted, sorry..

Old 01-05-2020, 10:54 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Today’s Question:
Do you own/use return address labels (stickers with your name & address on them) ?
Yes, they have assorted wildlife on them.

Extra Credit:
Have you had to repair/replace part of a toilet, whether interior (something in the tank), or exterior (the lid/seat) ?
No, apartment complex maintenance would do that.

Bonus:
yes
Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating ? yes
Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat ? microwave

Just for Fun:
Are there flavored or candy-coated nuts of some sort that you like…such as honey roasted, toffee-covered, spicy/hot pepper added, etc. ?
No, neither I nor the birds I feed like flavored nuts and I don't like dry roasted, either. Always give away the honey roasted ones.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:09 AM

21,562 posts, read 8,741,665 times
Today’s Question:
Yes, I have them in several different designs.
Extra Credit:
Yes, when we had a new bathroom floor installed last year, the toilet had to be removed and then reseated by a plumber, who replaced the old sealant.
Bonus:
Have you eaten a frozen meal sold in a box, that you heat up in an oven?
Yes, many times.
Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating?
Most of them seem to require at least some cooking.
Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat ?
I normally use the microwave because it's faster and requires less energy, but some entrees I've bought specify regular oven as the preferred method.

Just for Fun:
I like candied walnuts or pecans in salads.

Thanks, cloven!

Old 01-06-2020, 12:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,028,091 times
Nope. The only time I send mail is gifts around the holidays/my friends' birthdays and the occasional postcard to my grandma.

Did some repairs like that with my dad as a kid, but I've never lived in a house on my own (and don't plan to for the foreseeable future) so maintenance handles that stuff now.

I used to, but come to think of it, I haven't bought an actual frozen meal in a long time. I guess it doesn't seem like you get that much food for your money, and they're usually pretty bland.

Whenever I'm back in Chicago on the holidays, my mom gets me these cinnamon-covered cashews from the Christkindlmarkt in the Loop.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:22 AM

11,380 posts, read 9,298,077 times
Today’s Question:
- Not since I moved. It's rare I mail anything anymore so they are not needed.

Extra Credit:
- Never had anything broken there. If so the landlord will take care of it.

Bonus:
- Not the regular commercial kind. There are a few I will occasionally buy mainly Trader Joe's. Heated in the microwave. Vegetables are usually added.

Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating ? - None on hand now. They are done in about 6 minutes

Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat? ^

Just for Fun:
- N/A

Thanks, cloven!

Old 01-06-2020, 04:34 AM

126,300 posts, read 19,083,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:

....................Yes I do

Extra Credit:

..................yes I had to replace a toilet flush valve and a toilet tank pump

Bonus:

...................No

...............No

Just for Fun:

........................I do not like sweet almonds

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
paroxysm /ˈperəkˌsizəm/ (n.): A sudden, extreme outburst, or worsening of a recurring symptom.
An intense fit, spell, or episode of physical activity-or expression of unbridled emotion.

Today Is:
National Technology Day
National Shortbread Day

-this week is-
-this month is-
Get A Balanced Life Month
National Hot Tea Month

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:
“History contains heroes, but no one is a hero entirely, and no one is a hero for very long.”

-Alexandra Petri

Wishing all y’all a first Monday of the new year that’s neither too salty nor too spicy

THANK YOU cloven

Old 01-06-2020, 05:29 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,081 times

Today’s Question:
Do you own/use return address labels (stickers with your name & address on them) ? I have some that came in the mail from St. Jude’s, I think. Haven’t used them

Extra Credit:
Have you had to repair/replace part of a toilet, whether interior (something in the tank), or exterior (the lid/seat) ? Yes, but not recently.

Bonus:
Have you eaten a frozen meal sold in a box, that you heat up in an oven ? When we were allowed to have microwaves at school, I would sometimes have a frozen chicken pot pie.
Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating ? I don’t remember much about it, really.
Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat ? Microwave

Just for Fun:
Are there flavored or candy-coated nuts of some sort that you like…such as honey roasted, toffee-covered, spicy/hot pepper added, etc. ? Honey roasted cashews

Wishing all y’all a first Monday of the new year that’s neither too salty nor too spicy.

Thank you, cloven!

Old 01-06-2020, 06:35 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,802,194 times

Today’s Question:
Yes I do use them

Extra Credit:
When I first bought this place in 2010, I had to have the whole toilet replaced, it just wouldn't flush. I do need to replace my lids, they're cheap and flimsy.

Bonus:
Yes many times

I guess my Lean Cuisine meals are pre-cooked somewhat

microwave

Just for Fun:
I like honey roasted nuts and smoked almonds

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Technology Day
National Shortbread Day

-this week is-
-this month is-
Get A Balanced Life Month -working on it
National Hot Tea Month

Today’s Picture:

Thought for the Day:

-Alexandra Petri

Thanks Cloven!

Old 01-06-2020, 07:23 AM

7,377 posts, read 5,491,311 times
B]Today’s Question:
Do you own/use return address labels (stickers with your name & address on them) ? Yes

Extra Credit:
Have you had to repair/replace part of a toilet, whether interior (something in the tank), or exterior (the lid/seat) ? We just replaced the whole interior of the toilet last week.

Bonus:
Have you eaten a frozen meal sold in a box, that you heat up in an oven ? Yes
Was it already cooked when you got it, and only needed reheating ? Yes
Did you use a conventional oven, microwave, or another kind of appliance to make it ready to eat ? Microwave

Just for Fun:
Are there flavored or candy-coated nuts of some sort that you like…such as honey roasted, toffee-covered, spicy/hot pepper added, etc. ? Honey roasted peanuts, chocolate covered anything. Toffee covered popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics