Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 09:58 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times

Advertisements

I saw a commercial for artificial Christmas trees on TV last night.:tape :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 10:06 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
maybe it was an artificial commercial?

hohoho.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:01 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
maybe it was an artificial commercial?

hohohoho

Could bet was on again last night. Christmas in July save$$$$.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:36 PM

61,646 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Hand/bath towels without hanging loops...

Old 07-29-2021, 03:13 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I've been waiting 2 weeks for Walgreen's to fill my prescription for Symbicort, but yes, they have Combivent, for my COPD. "We'll have it Monday, then next Monday we'll have it" and no Symbicort.

Funny isn't it? The times I've been in Nogales to buy back-up meds, no prescription needed, every pharmacy I've been to down there have Symbicort in stock.

Ask me why I chose to retire in Tucson, 65 miles to the Border?

Old 07-29-2021, 03:56 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
WHY an apartment neighbor has to have a Subwoofer upon another’s ceiling?? Why does one need to amplify stereo or TV sounds from a distance of about 6 & 1/2” away from where they sit, causing rumbling, thundering, pounding noises?

Another thing, having an apartment manager not understanding what a subwoofer is, referring to a “little box” she saw that ”must not make much noise due to it’s size”. Her having been told that “audio noise should be heard from several feet outdoors for it to be a problem”, not understanding that it’s the POUNDING upon my ceiling or Low-frequency noise, not coming inside to hear it. (She is not very aware or knowledgeable and English is her 2nd language).

(Yes, I have wanted to move…if only there was appropriate availability). Sorry, just frustrated.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 07-29-2021 at 04:36 AM..

Old 07-29-2021, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So I got my new Lexus Tuesday night to replace my old lease. So yesterday I come home from running errands and step inside for 10 minutes to freshen up before I have to head to an appointment. I back out of my driveway and something tells me to look back at my house. I do and there's broken eggs in my driveway. I'm like WTF?? So I immediately stop and get out of my car to inspect it to make sure it wasn't egged. A nearby neighbor was coming down the street and stopped and I told her what happened. She has two daughters in the car that know us. The younger one said she saw the other neighborhood kid come by house just now. They mentioned April Fools Day. Apparently she put them behind my tires so they would break. So I told them to tell her to never do that again.

I couldn't do anything about the eggs due to running late to this appointment. So I had to get my car washed with less than 100 miles on it so any egg that sprayed up on my car got rinsed off. I then had to literally get on my hands and knees and scrub my driveway because by the time I got back home, it had caked on due to the sun.
Dear God…just to add to your everyday pleasures.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Where do I even start??? I can't make this shyt up.

So the vacation was fine. The flight home was a total nightmare. We flew first class on United and we always watch the flight tracker. I am not a good flyer and this helps me along with several Percocet's and wine. So it says 30 mins to land and then all of a sudden it changes to 2 hrs and 30 mins to land. I'm like wtf?? I realize we aren't descending into Denver as usual. The pilot gets on and says there's weather so we're going to circle. We circle for almost 30 mins. Then he comes on the microphone and says this: "We can't land in Denver due to weather so we are diverting to Salt Lake City. Plus we are running out of fuel". I mean just totally W T F and why would you say that???? I go into a panic and start crying. So we divert 600 miles!!!! We get into SLC and the flight attendant says "Either we all stay on or we all get off". I'm like UMM NO. Get me off this thing and good luck with that. Can't get a rental car, can't get another flight. I'm hysterical in the airport. Cost us $1000 for everything to get home the next day. They sat on the runway for 2.5 hrs before taking off again.

Kitchen was getting redone while we were gone. Adding glass tile backsplash, travertine tile on floor and new appliances installed. Come home and it's a total mess. Grout all over the tiles (grey grout on merlot colored glass tiles) crooked tiles IN backsplash, chipped glass tiles, grout all over the countertops, floor uneven so when you walk on it you can FEEL the unevenness.

I'm going to have to pay to have it ALL REDONE and I'm extremely overwhelmed with this. I just don't even know what to do. I tried to do something nice while we were gone and it's just all wrong, wrong, wrong.
You are having way too much fun.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:36 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
WHY an apartment neighbor has to have a Subwoofer upon another’s ceiling?? Why does one need to amplify stereo or TV sounds from a distance of about 6 & 1/2” away from where they sit, causing rumbling, thundering, pounding noises?

Another thing, having an apartment manager not understanding what a subwoofer is, referring to a “little box” she saw that ”must not make much noise due to it’s size”. Her having been told that “audio noise should be heard from several feet outdoors for it to be a problem”, not understanding that it’s the POUNDING upon my ceiling or Low-frequency noise, not coming inside to hear it. (She is not very aware or knowledgeable and English is her 2nd language).

(Yes, I have wanted to move…if only there was appropriate availability). Sorry, just frustrated.
** I feel for you, i had apartment that building had 25 residents of which 20 were Mexican/Hondouran half of them illegals and loud talkers, drinkers, messy, speak no English, constant Spanish music ect ect and landlord just cared about rent... and I'm on fixed SS income so it took long time to find affordable "escape"... bless your heart hope u find something better soon❗

Old 07-29-2021, 11:41 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
It's raining. again.

Underfoot is pregnant. again.

and I'm out of chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics