Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 03:14 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Even when I lived in Las Vegas, and walked my ferret down the Strip at night, I heard it many times, from the so-called Millennial crowd when they'd see me walking my ferret. "Isn't that tight!!!" I've run into that right here in Tucson when I walk my ferret downtown or in the University district at night.
Not sure what they are referring to...
I never saw anyone walking a ferret either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 04:57 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times
Cats...i love'em, i prefer the company of a kittypeople to most peoplepeople. BUT i am not capable of having a kitty right now. Everywhere i go they find me, and it starts. First it's the leg rub, then the sad eyes thing. First the petting and talking and invariably they convince me just a treat treat one time...then that leads to one small bag of treat treats..and then its oh just one time a can of 9 Lives. Total collapse follows with a 12 pack and 3.5 lb bag of kittyfood all resistance crumbles. Sigh...i thinks cats have a Facebook page with my mugshot and somehow maybe a cat version of CIA track me and hunt me like the Mafia hunts informants. I need to find Don Catleone and make a deal... today when i go grocery shopping high probability some cat treats will be coming with me....

Old 07-08-2021, 12:51 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,344,024 times
Whoever invented drive cycles in modern cars to make "ready" your vehicle's emission monitors after a battery change or an auto repair should be serving time in the same small cell with the person who invented flat roofs and those who maintain Walmart's website security.

Old 07-08-2021, 11:34 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure what they are referring to...
I never saw anyone walking a ferret either.
Ferrets absolutely live for their next leash walk, which can be up to 6 blocks, depending on the heat, as ferrets are heat sensitive.

When I lived in Las Vegas for 22 years, I religiously walked my ferrets on the Las Vegas Strip at night when crowds died down. You can't walk a ferret in the day time as they're nocturnal, which is why you probably haven't seen someone walking a ferret.

Here, in Tucson, you may find us walking downtown on Congress Street, Historic 4th Avenue or the University district. Any night where there's people around, you can expect lots of selfies to be taken, many times with them holding my ferret in their arms.

Ferrets are estimated to be the 3rd most popular pet in the country. They're still illegal in California but many Californians own ferrets, except they can't walk them like I do, or the police will confiscate them and send them to a ferret shelter in Arizona.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:11 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
My email siggy line is suddenly being treated as spam by the universe's worst email service.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:15 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
I check my email account every 2 months.

Old 07-11-2021, 04:31 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times
I am getting increasingly tired of generational stereotyping. Nothing but endless insult, bashing and complaining: ALL millennials are lazy, entitled and needy; ALL baby boomers are cranky tech-averts who hate change; ALL generation X are Karens that hate everything and everyone and are racist, homophobic, and transphobic, ALL Gen Z are overprotected, fragile and hyper-sensitive snowflakes, etc ... Such a nasty buzzwords!

That’s not how social identity works. Stereotypes of any kind are harmful and I wish that meaningless generalization nonsense should be abandoned...

Old 07-11-2021, 06:48 PM

19,499 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Not sure how the Zulilly page came up but they were advertising some items that people might want to check out. Then up pops one of their notes where you have to put in your email address if you want to continue shopping there or viewing whatever. It might gave but m tired of supplying these stores with my email address and then getting flooded with all kinds of email. In case someone says just "x" out. Um, there were no "x"'s. Unless it was microscopic, white font on white background. Then, yeah, I may have missed it.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:30 PM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Not sure how the Zulilly page came up but they were advertising some items that people might want to check out. Then up pops one of their notes where you have to put in your email address if you want to continue shopping there or viewing whatever. It might gave but m tired of supplying these stores with my email address and then getting flooded with all kinds of email. In case someone says just "x" out. Um, there were no "x"'s. Unless it was microscopic, white font on white background. Then, yeah, I may have missed it.
I've never gotten an email from any company where you can't unsubscribe. I don't know if it's a law or what. But you're right, it's very tiny, and at the bottom of the email, but you click on "unsubscribe" and it will stop (maybe once in a GREAT while they will send another one, but mostly it's taken care of. And if you don't ever order from them, that will most likely drop off permanently). If you'd like to check it out...

Old 07-11-2021, 07:38 PM

765 posts, read 620,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I've never gotten an email from any company where you can't unsubscribe. I don't know if it's a law or what. But you're right, it's very tiny, and at the bottom of the email, but you click on "unsubscribe" and it will stop (maybe once in a GREAT while they will send another one, but mostly it's taken care of. And if you don't ever order from them, that will most likely drop off permanently). If you'd like to check it out...
If you have gmail, there's also an option that pops up if you mark it as spam to unsubscribe that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics