Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 07:38 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
Here's my complaint or observation, people in general have forgotten how to have fun and just enjoy life.
Kindness lifts everyone up!
Humour is a powerful medicine and kindness or helping someone in a bind or crisis is too. I like to help people covertly then watch the reaction...its more fun and satisfying. If i can make a person laugh and forget their burdens just for a few minutes then i feel i ain't such a bad guy and hey..its fun❗
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 07:43 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times
No rewards or any expectations, be kind and be that person who helps lift others.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:14 PM

125 posts, read 76,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Thanks bjh, I did exactly what you mentioned and bought a greeting card welcoming her to the neighborhood and wrote a short note that most of us in the neighborhood are friendly and helpful and I think she will like living here. I mentioned the episode briefly, told her that I was horribly embarrassed by crazy neighbor's actions and apologized for the incident. I haven't given it to her yet, I thought I would put it in her mailbox to make sure she gets it since it's finally been raining!
I would mail it rather than go into someone else's mailbox, if it were me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yeah, and not just the freeway, either! It really irritates my husband when anyone drives more than five miles under the speed limit, and so he then tailgates more than I would like, and so then we both end up being irritated!

And don't even get me started about people who text while driving!!!
Yeah, that's probably why they'e going slow. They're texting or watching a video maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
iPad 2 drives me crazy sometimes. I want to play along with the "Name 5" or "List 10..." But when I tap on to copy, it's copies from the far right side and trying to scroll down, it takes the whole response not just the part that I want to pull down. It's frustrating. Some times it works without too much fussing and other times, I just give up. I know it's time to get another one but pricing them even in Sam's Club or Costco, sheesh. I don't have that kind of money to free up right now. You'd think Apple folks believe we all have that kind of money.
I guess they price it for the folks that do have that kind of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Next door neighbors--renters--let the weeds grow up in the section of the yard that borders us. Now they've got stuff growing in their gutters! Our HOA fusses at us about every little thing. But the NDNs seem to get away with murder.

Fuss, fuss. fuss.
Doesn't sound fair to me. At least there's comfort in the thought that your NdN's aren't building equity. So there are some renters and some owners? And the renters get away with weeds and things and the owners don't? I bet the renters shouldn't even be there.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:33 AM

125 posts, read 76,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
My complaint, which pretty much covers a lot of things in life is the lack of Common Courtesy and Consideration towards others. Both are rare virtues these days.
Yes, I agree, either you got it or you don't. And then there are those who know all about common courtesy, but know they will get more by not being courteous and considerate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
telemarketers: bad words.
If it were an actual person calling instead of a machine, it could feel better hanging up on them. After saying, no thank you, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
videos in loops. so if you don't see it the 1st ten times, you've got another 200 chances.
Talk about marketing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
We spend all summer inside the house with the a/c on just to cool down and enjoy the day. Now that fall is around the corner and the outdoor temps have cooled down ~ someone in the area has a fire-pit burning wood. The outdoor temps are only in the low 70’s and it was sooooooo nice to have the windows opened in the house and let the cool breeze blow in with the fresh smell of desert plants blooming; but now we get the odor of a fire instead. All that can be done is close up all the doors & windows and let the house heat up inside. Sad! I can't live down wind from smoky fires and enjoy the cool evenings.
I went so far as to put a fan outside the house to blow the smoke away. It worked pretty good.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:38 AM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
So I got my new Lexus Tuesday night to replace my old lease. So yesterday I come home from running errands and step inside for 10 minutes to freshen up before I have to head to an appointment. I back out of my driveway and something tells me to look back at my house. I do and there's broken eggs in my driveway. I'm like WTF?? So I immediately stop and get out of my car to inspect it to make sure it wasn't egged. A nearby neighbor was coming down the street and stopped and I told her what happened. She has two daughters in the car that know us. The younger one said she saw the other neighborhood kid come by house just now. They mentioned April Fools Day. Apparently she put them behind my tires so they would break. So I told them to tell her to never do that again.

I couldn't do anything about the eggs due to running late to this appointment. So I had to get my car washed with less than 100 miles on it so any egg that sprayed up on my car got rinsed off. I then had to literally get on my hands and knees and scrub my driveway because by the time I got back home, it had caked on due to the sun.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:45 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pay for an everyday (non-eBay) shipping label with PayPal at USPS.com's "Click & Ship" webpage. If the label misprints on your printer or doesn't print at all, you're left with requesting a refund from the USPS.

The reply you will get from USPS will be something to the effect, "Thank you for contacting the USPS® Internet Customer Care Center. The Shipping Label information you provided appears to have been generated through the Ebay Online Shipping Label Program.

We are unable to process your request for a refund or offer any technical assistance because the Online Shipping Label to which you are referring was created through their service."

So then you go over to your PayPal account, and talk to their robot Bizarro which tells you to go back to the USPS's robot for assistance. You can call PayPal if you want to wait an hour online for an $8.00 label. Somehow I think Walmart's pharmacy people are somehow sharing their webpage development people with USPS and PayPal?

My biggest complaint really is that I'm old, my body aches and I no longer have patience for change, either good or bad. And no. I'm still a huge supporter of the USPS but my patience for technological change employed by non technical people is tissue paper thin.
Okay. So you got your refund after a week. So now what do you want to gripe about old man?

Old 04-07-2021, 01:24 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Well I am at it again with another complaint...comes with old age.
Go to local bank ATM and local phone Co office to pay my bill on their automated ATM and come head to head with a similar headache problem..
their color screen and my eye sight.
Large screen showing SMALL numbers/ letters with a large portion of their monitor being blank.
Top of my issue is the two different shades of the same color..
beige over beige etc.
What has happened to the old black on a White background?
There are many folks out there who wear glasses for different reasons.

Old 04-10-2021, 10:59 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
I started to post this in the Currently Thinking thread but then decided it better fits here.

I'm thinking about changing my own oil and filter today. I normally take the vehicle in for this service but the last fellow who serviced the truck told me someone may have galled the threads on my oil plug, or worst, stripped out the threads in the oil pan. I need to see for myself.

America has engineers who can fly a machine around the wispy atmosphere on Mars (maybe?) but the ones building our cars are still building engine oil pans out of aluminum and drain plugs out of steel?

Peggy Lee left this world asking "Is That All There Is" while I'm sure I will simply be saying, "Whew!"

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 04-10-2021 at 11:13 AM..

Old 04-11-2021, 12:23 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
Bah....... Humbug

Old 04-18-2021, 07:53 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
My car conked out tonite, returning from DT Tucson, after walking my ferret, at midnight. AAA told me it would be an hour for a tow truck to arrive, and it ended up being 2 hours. Hauled the vehicle to my favorite auto mechanic shop, and lo and behold, they've gone out of business. So I had it hauled to my house. Good thing, as I would have needed a taxi from the auto mechanic shop to my house, and? No pets in taxicabs! And at at 2am? I would have had to walk the 3 miles to my house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics