Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2020, 04:29 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

Things mislabel. Original recipe, formula, etc miss leading consumers such as HFCS in products instead of sugar as it once was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 05:23 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Tried clicking on scales to leave a rep but not responding. Odd. It's worked before.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:41 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larksong View Post
One of my biggest pet peeves!! This has actually caused me to not finish my shopping. I got the necessities and left.
My son takes me to a large supermarket about four times a year. I make him do it. I get to walk every aisle, poke around, and find things to buy that I didn't know that I wanted. I find things in the frozen food department that I didn't know existed. He looks at things that I don't. That's one of the best things.

Really, I had to take him to the supermarket with me when he was a kid. Thankfully, he has learned how to shop.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:50 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
I hate the super bowl.

The worst part is after the game.

If people aren't talking about the game they're talking about the ads.

There's nothing super about it.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:14 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I hate the super bowl.

The worst part is after the game.

If people aren't talking about the game they're talking about the ads.

There's nothing super about it.
Hi hippo! The good news is that you don't have to watch. My dad, brothers, and husband watched, so I now can't imagine not watching.

There were a few good commercials. Since there is a huge audience, the big money companies throw their advertising dollars at that.

I'll never forget the Budweiser frogs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcbasIb8lQ

Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I hate it when I call for technical support and there isn’t any valid information that helps resolve the issue. Now I have to do it myself and that’s a hit and miss solution. I like to find people smarter than me when having problems.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:14 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I hate it when I call for technical support and there isn’t any valid information that helps resolve the issue. Now I have to do it myself and that’s a hit and miss solution. I like to find people smarter than me when having problems.

Most times I'd settle for finding a person.

Old 02-11-2020, 12:36 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Tried clicking on scales to leave a rep but not responding. Odd. It's worked before.
That happens to me sometimes, I just click on something else and then go back to it and that usually works. I thought it was just me!

Old 02-11-2020, 06:08 PM

5,195 posts, read 1,868,950 times
Having some odd headaches recently.

Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Default Rude, Condescending and Arrogant Posters

I'm running into this a lot lately. Listen, I've been here for 14 years and some of the worst offenders are those who have been here a while. They live to demean and torture other posters, especially the newbies. I've recently had to put a veteran poster on ignore, rather than get myself in trouble. And this is someone we all know, but don't love. Putting people on ignore is empowering so if someone is giving you or others a hard time that's the thing to do.

I cannot believe the arrogance and self-righteousness of some members here. It's shameful. This is just a website not a school playground where bullies rule, they have people to make sure of that if it's obvious. It's just an anonymous website with a forum like 100's of others, we're not writing presidential speeches here. Insults and arrogance can be implied under the guise of sarcasm and wording it just right, then the superiority complex comes shining through. That just means the problem lies within the rude, condescending and arrogant poster, not you.

People come here for the community and to socialize, it's not some kind of old people's video game where the purpose is to kill everyone off. I've read reviews from different sites about the posters from this site and it ain't pretty. They think it's ruled by old people with attitudes. Maybe they're right.

Why is it so hard for people to just be nice? I've had a lot of pain, heartache and hard times but I never treated strangers horribly just to get my jollies or because I may be frustrated or unhappy. Do a little soul-searching and find out why it is that you have the need to be rude, condescending and arrogant.

Please stop making the young people go away just because you can. They get insulted and hurt and they never come back. When you call the bad poster out, then they act like they don't know what you're talking about and dismiss you like a subordinate. Even us hicks know a bully when we see one. So get over yourselves and try to enjoy life, maybe getting out from behind a computer and get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics