Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2020, 11:29 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
It need not end! I will always be into hugs, regardless.

Only problem, the one you may want to hug are among the panic-stricken!

There's 3 words that don't exist in my vocabulary, fear, panic and worry, all these do is weaken your immune system.
Are you sure they are not in your vocabulary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 02:03 PM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
It need not end! I will always be into hugs, regardless.

Only problem, the one you may want to hug are among the panic-stricken!

or maybe just doesn't appreciate being hugged by every Tom, Dick or Harry.
Me for instance. If we're close friends ok. If not, don't.

that's my complaint I guess. People who hug everyone and anyone. Yuk.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I’ve never liked my personal space violated, no hugs or kisses to say hello or goodbye. The only exception has been my immediate family members.

Old 04-12-2020, 04:37 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
I was just thinking of another person's post talking about ordering toilet paper and something else at an online site. Put items in cart and went to get their credit card but by that time the item was gone and no more to get. Isn't one's cart considered sacred ground?

Reminds me of a shopping event at a brick & mortar store during Black Friday some years back when a customer took an item out of another person's cart.

Old 04-13-2020, 05:42 AM

4,139 posts, read 3,044,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I was just thinking of another person's post talking about ordering toilet paper and something else at an online site. Put items in cart and went to get their credit card but by that time the item was gone and no more to get. Isn't one's cart considered sacred ground?

Reminds me of a shopping event at a brick & mortar store during Black Friday some years back when a customer took an item out of another person's cart.
When I worked at the library, one of the staff members was collecting holds and had a patron take an item off of his holds cart. I started to label my cart as "mshultz's cart" in order to discourage that.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:34 PM

I don’t mind if anyone wants to do “their thing”. Just go and do it as long as it doesn’t affect “anyone else”. However if you cause others to have issues than YOU ARE THE PROBLEM so grow a brain and behave yourself.

It only takes ONE to be a problem so don't be an idiot and step up first in line.

Old 04-18-2020, 03:39 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Wow, I am one person in my house and ONE roll of TP for two days lately.
With my pntast flu would always dispos afeter blowing my nose or wiping the face. Just went thru a 12 pack.
300 sheets don't last long I recon.

Old 04-19-2020, 08:45 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
One of our fave mayo’s - Kraft Chipotle, discontinued. Sometimes we’d put that (little bit) into our tuna fish salad. I’m sure someday down the road, we’ll find another.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:43 AM

Exclamation Phone Scam

Yet another phone scam. Yesterday Mrs Aks received a call on her cellphone, it was a robocall. Disgusting how they use their tricks of the trade to alter their “caller ID” identity. Then the recorded mechanical voice telling her that a $$ amount charged to her account was made. If she wanted to undo or to check the transaction she should call XXX-XXX-XXXX and speak with Jeff the account manager. There were “red flags” all over this call, so instead of calling the number they provided she called the credit card company and verified with them. Things worked out well for her but I couldn’t help but think of how so many others & seniors could easily get taken by this type of robocall. So the warning is DON’T press any keys on the dial to speak with someone just hang up!

Of interest!
A very short video link below
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/media/v...u-get-robocall

Old 04-20-2020, 11:31 PM

1,517 posts, read 989,335 times
If necessity is the mother of invention then I'd like to kill the jackass who coined the phrase "social distancing". The media and corporations sure seem to get off on that stupid phrase.

Hope for their sake our paths don't cross. It assuredly won't end well for them!

This is the first and last post where I use the phrase "social distancing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics