Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2019, 12:36 AM

89 posts, read 48,372 times

Advertisements

I'm currently renting a room in an airbnb house where the host and his gf don't normally live. It's normally quiet, in fact I was even lucky enough to live alone for a couple of weeks in the past 2.5 months, with all the common spaces + 1 bedroom to myself. Surrounded by nature and close to work, it was paradise!

That is until some inconsiderate guests showed up, one stomped around at night 2-3am , banging in the kitchen, being a nuisance despite the fact I told him I had to work..he didn't care. Then this couple who stayed one night, again during my work week, insisted on watching TV after 1:30am despite the fact I told them I had to work and my bedroom was downstairs below the TV room..nope didn't care. Now the hosts decided to have people over for a "meeting" between 11pm - 3am a few times, again while I'm renting a room in the house and I'm scratching my head as to why? Why here, why at night, when the hosts don't even really live here? They and their associates drive luxury cars, dress in fancy clothes, wear nice jewelry, and yet why act so inconsiderate towards their paying guests? Probably because they don't care and know that the money earned from renting out 1 room is insignificant to them. I could message them via the airbnb app and leave a mediocre review but don't want to totally burn bridges as otherwise it's a nice space!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2019, 04:43 AM

30,487 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehotseat View Post
I'm currently renting a room in an airbnb house where the host and his gf don't normally live. It's normally quiet, in fact I was even lucky enough to live alone for a couple of weeks in the past 2.5 months, with all the common spaces + 1 bedroom to myself. Surrounded by nature and close to work, it was paradise!

That is until some inconsiderate guests showed up, one stomped around at night 2-3am , banging in the kitchen, being a nuisance despite the fact I told him I had to work..he didn't care. Then this couple who stayed one night, again during my work week, insisted on watching TV after 1:30am despite the fact I told them I had to work and my bedroom was downstairs below the TV room..nope didn't care. Now the hosts decided to have people over for a "meeting" between 11pm - 3am a few times, again while I'm renting a room in the house and I'm scratching my head as to why? Why here, why at night, when the hosts don't even really live here? They and their associates drive luxury cars, dress in fancy clothes, wear nice jewelry, and yet why act so inconsiderate towards their paying guests? Probably because they don't care and know that the money earned from renting out 1 room is insignificant to them. I could message them via the airbnb app and leave a mediocre review but don't want to totally burn bridges as otherwise it's a nice space!
doesn't sound very nice to me. to each their own.

Hot Tuna is in Buffalo, NY tonight and I didn't find out until just now.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:00 PM

7,332 posts, read 2,741,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
"National Velvet" was filmed in color. No colorization necessary. But the Technicolor they used to film it is so bright and vivid, I can't blame you if you assumed it wasn't natural.

I would like to complain about safety seals. I started using a new bottle of dishwashing liquid today, but when I turned it over and squeezed, nothing happened. I had to screw off the lid and remove the safety seal first. Now who in the heck would contaminate dish soap, for crying out loud? What do they think I'm going to do, drink it? I think the safety seal thing has gotten out of hand. I also resent childproof caps and wish there were an option to buy bottles that don't have them. They are so hard to open, and people with arthritis or other disabilities might find it nearly impossible. I'm able-bodied, but even I struggle with those darn things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrb73c8l_G8

You can also use the side of a countertop or table to pop the outer cap off.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:02 PM

7,332 posts, read 2,741,035 times
Here's another method, Bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23i_M_mzmHk

Old 12-09-2019, 03:51 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Thanks, I Am Woman! I will definitely try those tips.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:29 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Yes, thanks. Using a hacksaw to cut the bottle top off at the neck works too, but you have to be pretty worked up to want to do that. You also have to own a hacksaw.

Old 12-16-2019, 01:12 AM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerania View Post
yes, thanks. Using a hacksaw to cut the bottle top off at the neck works too, but you have to be pretty worked up to want to do that. You also have to own a hacksaw.
:d

Old 12-17-2019, 09:42 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Traffic in town is terrible this time of year.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:27 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Traffic is always so bad where I'm staying until next week. I can't handle this concrete jungle. I'm so used to not waiting on a traffic signal but once. Rarely twice and twice would be a traffic jam for me.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:46 PM

14,108 posts, read 2,772,561 times
Today went to fast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics