Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:28 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,144,898 times

Advertisements

I feel like eating a bacon sandwich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

Ghoulish greetings, goblins! Happy Halloween to all. It's time for some spooky - or at least silly - inquiries, so scroll on down and check out

Well okay but I tell you now that I think Halloween is stupid. Just exactly what is it that people are celebrating? But just to not be a total party-pooper, peeper...my recommendation for your diabetes medicines are Metformin and Glipizide...a regimen of both twice daily.
Yet I used to like candy corn when I was young and stupider.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw?

Hell, I don't know. The Exorcist was scary! When I was little House on Haunted Hill was my favorite, For a fun thing to do you can find 'Tourist Trap', starring Chuck Connors & a bevy of babes. Good movie. Some of those Freddie's Nightmare/Elm Street movies were scary, too. Special today: what about Fryday the 13th, anyone?

What was the scariest book or story you ever read?

The Exorcist by William Blatty

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all?

House on Haunted Hill!

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening?

Most of them weren't frightening much at all. The ones that were just gore should be burned.

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)?

Yes

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13?

It's a nice number. Makes me want to bet on a horse!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours?

Heights...cities...ridiculous dangerous highways...concrete dividers on the road that go right up by your car.

The above question reminds me of a joke by Jerry Seinfeld. He said studies have revealed that many people's biggest fear is public speaking and their second biggest fear is death. Meaning, at a funeral those people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child?

I can't think of anything...

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us?

Yes, I know for a fact that there are.

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it?

Nope!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor?

No, but holy mackerel, really...an 'effing tractor'? LMAO! Might as well ride the subway!

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories?

I don't think so.

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween?

None, other than when I just fixed myself up different and many people thought I was a real good Jack Nicholson...(at a wonderful indoor/outdoor bar that used to be here.)

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood?

I don't think so. More than half the kids here want ammo or crack.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them?

I'm diabetic and I eat more properly anyway, so all I have is Xanax and they're NOT getting my Tramadol.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over?

Nopey! I merely manipulate others to buy Reese's peanut butter cups (I'd love Junior Mints as well!)

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya!

Thanks for the fun Halloween Edition of the Terrific Tuesday Questions, Pamorama!

Love and good health to you and all my friends here...please, please be good to some animals...please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM

27,361 posts, read 27,413,147 times
Scariest movie, I don't do scary movies.
Fear or phobia....I don't tell anyone what mine is!
I'm not one to believe in ghosts but used to live down the street from a cemetery and people in the neighborhood use to talk about weird stuff happening in their homes from time to time.
Have a happy Tuesday everyone...

Old 10-31-2017, 08:55 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,801,561 times
Ghoulish greetings, goblins! Happy Halloween to all. It's time for some spooky - or at least silly - inquiries, so scroll on down and check out

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Hmm, haven't seen that many because I don't like them but at the time Nightmare on Elm Street was pretty scary. There is another movie that scared the beejeebers out of me, I think it's called "The Strangers" -

Never read any scary books but I did read a book by Stephen King called "Rose Madder" - most bizarre, strange, and sometimes scary book I've ever read

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all?
Can't think of anything right at the moment, maybe Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening?
That Blair Witch Project movie, so stupid

not at all

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13?
no doesn't bother me

BONUS QUESTIONS

fear of drowning

The above question reminds me of a joke by Jerry Seinfeld. He said studies have revealed that many people's biggest fear is public speaking and their second biggest fear is death. Meaning, at a funeral those people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child?
Yeah, spiders. When I was little I would pick them up and pull off their legs

no I don't

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it?
yeah it's kind of fun or it was a few years ago. I may have a heart attack now

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor?
Yes many times by tractor

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories?
Yes

Unfortunately I just don't remember costumes or halloween as a kid, I know I went trick-or-treating but that's all I know. I did dress up as a black cat many years ago for a halloween party back when I could wear a skin-tight cat suit.

I've lived here 7 years and have never had even one

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them?
If I had them I would probably give out kit-kats

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over?
Of course! I always bought whatever I liked too

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya!
[/b]
Thanks Pam!

Old 10-31-2017, 09:15 AM

44,375 posts, read 20,086,203 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? Hmm. I'm thinking maybe Jaws, the first time I saw it. The scariest scene for me was when a diver swam up to a sunken boat and the face of a dead body floated up to the window. It startled the heck out of me. Oh, but then, The Shining had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. That's a very scary movie! REDRUM!

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? It's a tie between The Shining and Jurassic Park. The book, Jurassic Park, was very frightening and much better than the movie, as is often the case.

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? Yes; lots. The old B&W horror flicks from the 40s and 50s, such as Dracula, Frankenstein and werewolf movies. The werewolf ones scared me most when I was a kid. Now I just laugh at them.

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? Yes; The Exorcist. When it first came out, I think marketing played a big role in the fright factor. People were supposedly fainting in theatre aisles because it was so frightening. They were scared before they even entered the theatre. When I went to see it, my date was terrified, as were many others in the audience, but I didn't think it was very scary. The book, which I read afterward, was much more frightening.

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Not really, though I do make references and jokes sometimes about luck. Or, parroting my dad from years ago, when two bad events happen close together I'll say, "Things happen in threes. What's going to go wrong now?" But I don't really believe that.

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? Nope. It just makes me more aware that I need to think of every day as a lucky day and treasure the moment.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? I'm claustrophobic, but not to a debilitating degree. I have no problem on airplanes because of it, but I do get creeped out on elevators and use stairs when possible. If I'm in the middle of a long row of seats, such as in a theatre, I feel claustrophobic. I attended a symphony concert last Friday night and was in the middle of a row. I was uneasy for two hours. (Still immensely enjoyed the concert, though.)

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? Yes. I'm just generally afraid of imminent terrorist attacks in the U.S. Before 9/11 I never gave a thought to anything like that. Since 9/11 I've had the feeling that we are all sitting ducks.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Yes, though I have yet to see or communicate with one. I think there are spirits on some level and I'm fine with that. I think of them as friendly spirits. Sort of like the mom at the beginning of the movie, Poltergeist. Early on, she thought it was really cool that spirits - or whatever - were moving things in the house. I approach such things with a positive attitude, assuming spirits or ghosts are here to help rather than harm us.

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it? Yes, I went to a few as a teen and young adult. I hate them because I don't like being surprised by things that jump out at me.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? Yepper. If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? I've been on both. When I was growing up, my family was friends with a few families that owned farms. They'd have hayrides and draw the wagons with their horses. As an adult, I've been on several hayrides when the wagons were drawn by tractors.

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? Yes; we did that when I was a kid. As an adult, I've sat at many a campfire and heard many stories, but not scary stuff. Just real-life stories and jokes.

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Super Girl, around 1978. I went to a party with my boyfriend and he went as Superman. We made a pretty cool pair that night.

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? Yes, but just a few. The past several years I've had from 6 to 12 trick-or-treaters. This year, I've decided to not hand out candy at home. Instead, I'm going to my boyfriend's house (1.7 mi away) to hand out candy with him there. This is his first Halloween in the house and his neighbors have told him that they get 200+ trick or treaters every year.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them? I have Nestle Crunch bars to give out.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Of course!

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya! Booooooooooo! Yayyyyyyy!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:14 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,686,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? I really got creeped out by 'The Hostel'.

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? Well, Phantoms really gave me the willies.

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? No, not really. I loved scary movies but ... hmm... Well, I wasn't a small kid anymore, but the first time I saw 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' I left the theater shaking. Knowing it was based on a true story made it worse.

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? The Exorcist. It was creepy, alright, but it didn't frighten me.

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Yes.

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? Nope.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Elevators

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Yes

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it? Not really, no.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? No

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? A toss-up between Queen Nefertiti and a space alien.

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? Not in our culdesac. Almost zero. Oddly enough, though, most of the few kids we get are not familiar.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them? Full-size bars of Hersheys, Twix, Snickers, Milky Ways, 3 Musketeers, Kit-Kats... I give full-size bars because we get so few, and the trick-or-treaters have to go up the spooky gauntlet (stairs) to get their treat.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Always!

Thanks, PJ!

Old 10-31-2017, 10:29 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,809,167 times
[quote=PJSinger;49980807]

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

The Exorcist.

The black and white version of The Haunting. I watched it
All of them now. Those crazy teenage shorties want to watch scary movies all the time. I want to see It.
No.
Thirteen is my lucky number

BONUS QUESTIONS

Being old and poor. That kept me a workaholic for decades.

Cancer.
No. I think there's another explanation and they emanate from the living in a form of energy we do not understand.

I took the teenage shorties to Hells Gate and Statesville two weekends ago. It was 70 degrees and the perfect night for it. We had a great time and both are amazing.
EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Yes. Horse and tractor.
Campfire yes but not scary stories. Only a deranged farm cat that attacked my chihuahua Gomez that someone else was holding.
My vampire costume now. I bought a hand bracelet with a skull ring to match my skull Venetian mask. I have wings too. It's a great costume but I'm not wearing the vampire teeth this year. I can't eat with them in.
Yes but it's going to be so cold today.
I have a variety of chocolate. Yep already been in it today.
Every year.

Happy Halloween dear ones. I have a few more things to do before the party. I lost a night last night. We went to this auction way on the North side of Chicago with a good friend to preview a rare Columbia Grafanola Deluxe. We drove an hour and a half to see it and discovered that it had been pulled from the auction. Rats. I also had another midnight mouse release run last night.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:26 AM

24,493 posts, read 26,038,861 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Deliverance or Alien.

No scary books for me.

Godzilla

Dracula

No

No

BONUS QUESTIONS

I'm fearless and phobia free.

Being in a enclosed space like a coffin.

No

Just the one at Disneyland and it was a blast.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

No

Yep. pretty much a ritual for camp consolers to scar the little kids.

Cowboy

They did, all the local kids are now in their 50's.

Looks like a mixed bag of various candy.

Sure, mostly Hershey stuff.

Thanx Panny, have fun tonite.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:59 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,951 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? Haven't watched a scary movie for years. Let's see..... I will say The Shining. It's the music in scary movies that always gets me.

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? The Exorcist..... I remember sitting in my dorm room reading the book when a friend came screaming into my room. He scared the..... bejeebers out of me.
Other than that... books by Robin Cook. Medical thrillers.

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? Can't think of any. Books were always more scary.... My imagination was always more scary than any movie.

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? Most.....

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Omens, maybe.

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? My mother was born on a Friday the 13th, so maybe I should have been.... bothered that is.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Having people..... my daughters or grands... die before me.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? I didn't think about death as a child. Oh, someone said government. I'll second that answer.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Do

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it? Have participated in a couple. One was in college. Many rooms in our dorm were decorated with scenes. I was a mourner, but with the black velvet dress & makeup, some thought I could have been laying in the coffin.
Another time I participated in a haunted hay ride. Dressing up as a mummy, I jumped out at and chased the wagon. So much fun....

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? Have, many times. If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? Sometimes horses, sometimes tractors.

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? Sure, but the scariest time was when I was about twelve. Some friends were visiting and we were sitting in the barn in the dark telling stories. My dad and our friends' dad snuck up under a barn window, listened for a bit and then jumped up screaming. I didn't set foot in that barn for weeks after.

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Probably the mourner.

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? Don't. Too far out in the sticks.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Did over thirty years ago when I lived in town.

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya! Thanks, Pam!

Old 10-31-2017, 10:29 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,887,725 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Hitcher!

The Raven and a few others.

Not really.
Nope!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Oh heights would have to be #1. Not an irrational fear just a normal fear.

Yes, getting old.
Not really. We all have spirits so in that sense,yes.
I can't recall.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Long, long, ago.
Not sure I ever had a real costume of any kind.

Not this time it's raining here.

Thanks for the spooky Q's Pam! Hope everyone had a great Halloween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics