Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:52 PM

44,378 posts, read 20,097,476 times

Advertisements

Surprise, surprise! I am your new Tuesday QOTD host. Linda is a tough act to follow, but I'll do my best. (I'm already off to a rough start. I just spent over half an hour writing the questions and accidentally deleted the entire page. ) Anyhoo, I'll just start again. So grab a glass or mug of your favorite beverage, relax, and scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you wear cologne or any type of fragrance?

If you do wear a fragrance, do you have a favorite that you wear all the time or do you vary fragrances?

How often do you get your hair cut and when was the last time you had it cut?

What types of products do you use when you wash your hair (e.g., shampoo; conditioner; soap)?

If you have little or no hair on your head, do you wear a hat often to cover it up or do you display your cranium proudly?

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you looked at paper calendar?

When was the last time you wrote something on a paper calendar?

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? If so, do you remember what it was?

Have you ever spotted a typo in a book?

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller?

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Have you / do you ever make gravy from scratch? If so, how do you make it?

When was the last time you ate pizza, and what toppings were on it?

When you use whipped cream (not "topping" from a tub), do you use whipped cream from an aerosol can or do you whip cream yourself?

Have you ever whipped cream too long and accidentally tuned it to butter?

Doughnuts: plain or filled?

Cupcakes: plain or frosted?
Hot cocoa: with or without whipped cream (or marshmallows)?

JUST FOR FUN

Have you ever entered something in a county fair?

Have you ever won a trophy or a ribbon?

When you were a kid, could you do a:
  • cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault?
  • handstand?
Can you do any of those things now?

That's about it for now, folks. I'd better post this before I lose it all again.
Have a terrific Tuesday!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2017 at 09:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:19 PM

38,948 posts, read 22,950,840 times
Surprise, surprise! I am your new Tuesday QOTD host. Yay! Linda is a tough act to follow, but I'll do my best. (I'm already off to a rough start. I just spent over half an hour writing the questions and accidentally deleted the entire page. ) Anyhoo, I'll just start again. So grab a glass or mug of your favorite beverage, relax, and scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you wear cologne or any type of fragrance? No.

How often do you get your hair cut and when was the last time you had it cut? About every 6-8 weeks. Last haircut was almost a month ago.

What types of products do you use when you wash your hair (e.g., shampoo; conditioner; soap)? Just a daily clarifying shampoo.

If you have little or no hair on your head, do you wear a hat often to cover it up or do you display your cranium proudly? I go without a hat most of the time.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you looked at paper calendar? Today.

When was the last time you wrote something on a paper calendar? About 10 years ago when I had one on my desk at work.

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? Yes. If so, do you remember what it was? A picture of this sign:

Have you ever spotted a typo in a book? Yes, I've spotted a few.

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller? I'd like to think so.

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Have you / do you ever make gravy from scratch? No.

When was the last time you ate pizza, and what toppings were on it? About a month ago. It had cheese and pepperoni.

When you use whipped cream (not "topping" from a tub), do you use whipped cream from an aerosol can or do you whip cream yourself? Aerosol can.

Have you ever whipped cream too long and accidentally tuned it to butter? No.

Doughnuts: plain or filled? Plain.

Cupcakes: plain or frosted? Frosted.

Hot cocoa: with or without whipped cream (or marshmallows)? Either.

JUST FOR FUN

Have you ever entered something in a county fair? No.

Have you ever won a trophy or a ribbon? No.

• cartwheel? Yes.
  • summersault? Yes.
  • backward summersault? No.
  • handstand? No.
Can you do any of those things now? No way!

That's about it for now, folks. I'd better post this before I lose it all again.
Have a terrific Tuesday

Great job, Pam!
I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday as well!

Last edited by Dennis P; 02-20-2017 at 09:31 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 09:20 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,911,888 times
Surprise, surprise! I am your new Tuesday QOTD host. Linda is a tough act to follow, but I'll do my best. (I'm already off to a rough start. I just spent over half an hour writing the questions and accidentally deleted the entire page. ) Anyhoo, I'll just start again. So grab a glass or mug of your favorite beverage, relax, and scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you wear cologne or any type of fragrance? Not me, I have allergies to many items like that................

If you do wear a fragrance, do you have a favorite that you wear all the time or do you vary fragrances?

How often do you get your hair cut and when was the last time you had it cut? Usually every three to four weeks, and I'm due for one this week if I can work it into my schedule.

What types of products do you use when you wash your hair (e.g., shampoo; conditioner; soap)? Natural organic ones from a special store Mrs Aks buys at.

If you have little or no hair on your head, do you wear a hat often to cover it up or do you display your cranium proudly? I go with a hat or cap when in the sun for any length of time. My head is balding in the back so covering up is needed.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you looked at paper calendar? about ten minutes ago

When was the last time you wrote something on a paper calendar? a day ago

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? If so, do you remember what it was? no not me,,,,, I don't notice things like that because I myself am very guilty of doing it.

Have you ever spotted a typo in a book? nothing that I noticed.

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller? LOL Not a chance......................

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

When was the last time you ate pizza, and what toppings were on it? cheese and hamburger I think

When you use whipped cream (not "topping" from a tub), do you use whipped cream from an aerosol can or do you whip cream yourself?

Have you ever whipped cream too long and accidentally tuned it to butter? There are laws in my state about whipping things............

JUST FOR FUN

Have you ever entered something in a county fair? Yes,,, when in school my art teacher sent one of my oil painting to the fair.

Have you ever won a trophy or a ribbon? No nothing

• cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault?
  • handstand?
Can you do any of those things now? I don't think so...........

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Thanks,,,, enjoy your week.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 02-20-2017 at 09:37 PM..

Old 02-20-2017, 09:22 PM

61,888 posts, read 87,385,514 times
Surprise, surprise! I am your new Tuesday QOTD host. Linda is a tough act to follow, but I'll do my best. (I'm already off to a rough start. I just spent over half an hour writing the questions and accidentally deleted the entire page. ) Anyhoo, I'll just start again. So grab a glass or mug of your favorite beverage, relax, and scroll on down for[/font][/b]

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

For a special occasion

Whatever I get as a gift Chanel No.5, Hermes '24, Joy by Patou...

Radical cut - few years ago. Now just trimming.

What types of products do you use when you wash your hair (e.g., shampoo; conditioner; soap)?

Natural as possible - without all the chemicals, especially PABA, SLS, alcohol, and E-colors free.

If you have little or no hair on your head, do you wear a hat often to cover it up or do you display your cranium proudly?

I never cover my head.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Just a second ago

Yesterday

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? If so, do you remember what it was?

No, but lots of ill photoshopping, especially on models

Seldom

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller?

English is my second language, so I try not to look like a fool...

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Yes, but I am not an expert. Usually I would mix pan drippings with flour, add some broth, season to taste...

Most people on Food Forum know that my fav. topping is canned tuna, thin sliced onions and shredded cheese

I will whip cream myself

No, but I would continue whipping and just make butter

Filled

Plain

Just mixed with milk

JUST FOR FUN

No.

In the school, yes.

• cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault? Used to, but didn't try it lately
  • handstand?

Yes, and yes.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Thank you, Pammy!!
Wishing you all a great Tuesday!

Last edited by elnina; 02-21-2017 at 11:13 AM..

Old 02-20-2017, 09:41 PM

2,292 posts, read 1,435,919 times

Not really. I have this spray hair straightener that doesn't really do what it's supposed to do but it smells so good! So I tried to use it as a perfume, but it didn't smell the same on skin and clothes as it does on hair.

Whenever I think it needs it, but sometimes I'll trim it myself on a whim.

Coconut oil, shampoo and conditioner. A little hairspray if I have to. I don't like putting a lot of stuff in it if I can help it.

BONUS QUESTIONS

I always have one available. I like just glancing up if I need to see a date really quick.

I don't know.

There used to be this really run-down bar in a bad neighborhood nearby. It had like a playing card motif painted on the side of the building. The name was supposed to be "My 4 Aces". Whoever painted it couldn't spell and it said "My 4 Asses" instead. However "asses" itself wasn't even spelled correctly, but was instead something like "ass'ss". It was miserable and glorious at the same time.

Yes.

I would say yes, but then my postings are probably riddled with errors.

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

No.

Yesterday. Spinach and mushroom with hot sauce.

I don't really buy whipped cream.

No.

Chocolate filled from Shipley's only.

If I'm eating a cupcake it will be frosted.

I don't drink hot cocoa.

JUST FOR FUN

No.

Ribbons for art contests in school.

• cartwheel? Yes, but not great.
  • summersault? On the ground.
  • backward summersault? On the ground.
  • handstand? Head, but not hand.

Yes.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM

44,657 posts, read 61,707,500 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you wear cologne or any type of fragrance? No, I get allergies from them.

How often do you get your hair cut and when was the last time you had it cut? Every 6-8 weeks. 7 weeks ago, due soon.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you looked at paper calendar? 2 minutes ago.

When was the last time you wrote something on a paper calendar? Today.

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? Many times.
If so, do you remember what it was?

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller? Purfect.

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Have you / do you ever make gravy from scratch? If so, how do you make it? Don't cook.

When was the last time you ate pizza, and what toppings were on it? 2 weeks ago, cheese with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms.

Doughnuts: plain or filled? Both, plain ones w/coffee.

Hot cocoa: with or without whipped cream (or marshmallows)? Any way it's served, with or without.

JUST FOR FUN

Have you ever won a trophy or a ribbon? &

• cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault?
  • handstand?
Can you do any of those things now? LOL

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Pam

Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 PM

7,380 posts, read 5,494,406 times
Surprise, surprise! I am your new Tuesday QOTD host. Linda is a tough act to follow, but I'll do my best. (I'm already off to a rough start. I just spent over half an hour writing the questions and accidentally deleted the entire page. ) Anyhoo, I'll just start again. So grab a glass or mug of your favorite beverage, relax, and scroll on down for[/font][/b]

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you wear cologne or any type of fragrance? sometimes I wear white musk or jasmine

How often do you get your hair cut and when was the last time you had it cut? 6-8 weeks

What types of products do you use when you wash your hair (e.g., shampoo; conditioner; soap)? I change it up from different brands of shampoo.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you looked at paper calendar? today on my frig

When was the last time you wrote something on a paper calendar? a few weeks ago.

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? If so, do you remember what it was? not lately

Have you ever spotted a typo in a book? yes

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller? I'm a good speller

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Have you / do you ever make gravy from scratch? If so, how do you make it? yes. Pan dripping and corn starch.

When was the last time you ate pizza, and what toppings were on it? Friday. Pepperoni

When you use whipped cream (not "topping" from a tub), do you use whipped cream from an aerosol can or do you whip cream yourself? a tub

Have you ever whipped cream too long and accidentally tuned it to butter? no

Doughnuts: plain or filled? plain

Cupcakes: plain or frosted? frosted
Hot cocoa: with or without whipped cream (or marshmallows)? with whipped cream and marshmallows

JUST FOR FUN

Have you ever entered something in a county fair? no

Have you ever won a trophy or a ribbon? no

• cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault?
  • handstand?
Can you do any of those things now? I can do the first two.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

.[/quote]

Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,711,416 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you wear cologne or any type of fragrance? Not usually.

How often do you get your hair cut and when was the last time you had it cut? Not too often...maybe every six months. Last time got it cut was about a month ago.

What types of products do you use when you wash your hair (e.g., shampoo; conditioner; soap)? Shampoo and conditioner sometimes.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When was the last time you looked at paper calendar? Earlier today.

When was the last time you wrote something on a paper calendar? A couple weeks ago.

Have you ever noticed a funny typo on a sign or in a newspaper? Yes, but not lately. If so, do you remember what it was? No.

Have you ever spotted a typo in a book? Can't remember.

Some of the most brilliant people I know are poor spellers. Are you a good speller? Yes, I am a pretty good speller.

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Have you / do you ever make gravy from scratch? Like to put on turkey or to put on pasta? If so, how do you make it?

When was the last time you ate pizza, and what toppings were on it? About two months ago. Bought a pizza with mushrooms on it.

When you use whipped cream (not "topping" from a tub), do you use whipped cream from an aerosol can or do you whip cream yourself? Aerosol can.

Have you ever whipped cream too long and accidentally tuned it to butter? No.

Doughnuts: plain or filled? Either way.

Cupcakes: plain or frosted? Frosted.
Hot cocoa: with or without whipped cream (or marshmallows)? Usually without whipped cream or marshmallows.

JUST FOR FUN

Have you ever entered something in a county fair? No.

Have you ever won a trophy or a ribbon? No.

cartwheel?
summersault?
backward summersault?
handstand? Not for very long.
Can you do any of those things now? No way!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

.[/quote]

Stay safe, everyone.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:23 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,911,012 times
I feel your pain Pam! I hate when that happens.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Rarely.

Too long since the last. Daughter has done it last few times. I may actually have to go and pay someone this time.

Shampoo and sometimes conditioner.

I wear a cap a lot these days.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Don't recall.

Yes, and I'm still brilliant.

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Depends on what it's for. Butter and flour for the roux and then additions...
Not long ago enough for me. I don't recall. I'm completely burnt out on pizza.
When you use whipped cream (not "topping" from a tub), do you use whipped cream from an aerosol can or do you whip cream yourself? All 3!

JUST FOR FUN

• cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault?
  • handstand?
Not a chance.

Have a terrific Tuesday! Good idea!
Thanks Pam! Nice job.

. __________________
My posts as a Moderator will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS And check this out: FAQ
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by SATX56; 02-20-2017 at 11:36 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 12:05 AM

21,572 posts, read 8,747,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Surprise, surprise! I am your new Tuesday QOTD host.

Woo hoo! Welcome to the club, Pam!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes, I have been wearing it since I was 15.

I have favorites. The two I'm wearing right now are Flowerbomb and Miss Dior. I also like Chanel No. 5 and Jessica McClintock.

Every six weeks. My last haircut was two weeks ago today.

I have used Matrix Biolage, Redken and Frederick Fekkai. I'm not fussy about the brand as long as it is formulated for color-treated hair.

Mr. Bay is bald and displays his cranium proudly. When I first met him he had the most awful comb-over, but I got him to gradually get rid of it (and the 70s sideburns). I think an honest bald head is much more attractive than obvious attempts to disguise it.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Last night
Last night
Yes, I see a lot of them in restaurants. The only humorous misuse of the English language I can think of right now is not exactly a typo, but something that always makes me smile to remember it. The very sweet owner of a Chinese restaurant near where I used to work would tell customers to "have a sit."
All the time. I'm amazed at some of the mistakes that get by editors these days.
Yes, she admitted modestly. *blushing*

FOOD QUESTIONS - OH BOY!

Yes, I have. I use the roasting pan and put it on two burners of the stove. I blend some fat from the meat or poultry with a roux that I've made in advance, blend in meat juices or prepared broth, whisk while the mixture cooks and thickens, then season with salt and pepper and maybe some browning sauce or Worcestershire.
It was about a month ago, I think. I had it with prosciutto, artichokes, mushrooms, olives, mozzarella and tomato sauce.
I prefer to whip it myself.
No, but I've had a couple of close ones where it turned a bit funky in texture.
I like both.
Definitely frosted.

Without, but now and then I enjoy a few baby marshmallows in it. What I enjoy even more is a jolt of Kahlua.

JUST FOR FUN

No
No

• cartwheel?
  • summersault?
  • backward summersault?
  • handstand?

None of the above.

Not then, not now, not ever!

Thanks, Pam! Great job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics