Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 04:57 AM

126,522 posts, read 19,268,793 times

Advertisements

Ghoulish greetings, goblins! Happy Halloween to all. It's time for some spooky - or at least silly - inquiries, so scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? I don't watch scary movies

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? Never read anything scary

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? No

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? No

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? I believe in good omens......

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? No a Friday the 13 is a good luck day for me,always has been

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? wake suddenly up in my coffin burned alive

The above question reminds me of a joke by Jerry Seinfeld. He said studies have revealed that many people's biggest fear is public speaking and their second biggest fear is death. Meaning, at a funeral those people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child?
I feel uneasy of heights or hiking on a narrow path with a deep drop next to me. Never used to bother me.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Yes I do

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween?
No
Did you like it?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? Yes I have If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? Haflinger horses were used

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? No only stories

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? I dressed up a few times on Halloween here when the kids were small. My favorite outfit must have been a sailor or a dice

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? They do

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them?
I wont be home

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Not really I don't like candy that much

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya!

Thank you Pam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 05:15 AM

8,003 posts, read 5,454,126 times
Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? The Shining

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? The Exorcist

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? I don't like scary movies--I have always avoided them after watching The Shining!

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? It (Could not avoid this one--it was my son's birthday and this is the movie he wanted to see--I was not comfortable with the idea--but it was not really scary

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Not really

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? Not at all. 13 is one of my favorite numbers along with 3

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? I really don't like crowded places, I control my claustrophobia

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? Driving in a car--being in a car accident.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Not really--but some strange things to occur at times

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it? Yes I have. No, I don't like them.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? Yes, both horse and tractor

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? I have sat around a campfire, it did not include scary stories.

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? My Mother had dressed my sister and I as little old ladies--everyone loved it

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? We get a few--we used to get A LOT when we first moved here--now they trickle in, not too many. If I am home alone, I will have the light turned off. My husband will come home and turn it on--then I will turn it off by 8pm because I am going to bed and I don't want to hear the doorbell!

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them? Milky Ways

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? of course!

Time to carve the pumpkins...

Old 10-31-2017, 06:30 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,446,340 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw?

It's not a scary movie but the scene in Stand by Me where the kids find the dead boy by the railroads tracks has haunted me most of my life. I literally broke into a sweat once because someone was watching that movie in another room.

What was the scariest book or story you ever read?

Maybe The Lottery by Shirley Jackson.

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all?

I'm not sure because the ones that scared me when I was young, I've mostly avoided as an adult. Like Stand by Me.

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening?

Movies like The Ring or The Grudge that were popular in the early 2000s.

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)?

No.

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13?

No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours?

The above question reminds me of a joke by Jerry Seinfeld. He said studies have revealed that many people's biggest fear is public speaking and their second biggest fear is death. Meaning, at a funeral those people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy.

Anything medical or funeral related.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child?

Real life stuff that you don't think about as a child.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us?

Yes, but it's not something that I give a lot of thought to.

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it?

I liked it but was scared at the same time.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor?

Pulled by a tractor.

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories?

I don't think I have.

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween?

I've never been huge on dressing up. I've never liked messy thick make up or masks covering my face.

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood?

I very rarely have trick-or-treaters which I can't understand. It's a clean, relatively safe neighborhood with sidewalks.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them?

I always buy some just in case. Right now I have a mix of Starbursts, Snickers, Twix, etc.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over?

Yes, that's why I get stuff I like because I know I'll have some left over. Usually the whole bag which I've already gotten into.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:35 AM

9,823 posts, read 14,407,458 times
What was the scariest movie you ever saw? The Birds - to this day, I'm afraid of birds

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? Flowers in the Attic

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? Can't think of any

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? Not in to scary movies

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? omens, yes

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Crowds - If I find myself in that situation, I'm constantly looking for an exit

The above question reminds me of a joke by Jerry Seinfeld. He said studies have revealed that many people's biggest fear is public speaking and their second biggest fear is death. Meaning, at a funeral those people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy. That's a joke?

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? No

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Yes

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Yes Did you like it? Yes, but in this day and time I wouldn't go to one of those

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? Yes, on my 9th birthday my mother and father gave me a party and the main event was a hayride, tractor pulled

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? No

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Witch

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? Yes, but in our little town, most Trick or Treaters prefer to go down to our old train station. The town workers provide hot dogs, cider, candy, and there's entertainment. That is a big help to us not wanting to be bothered.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them? At 5:45 p.m. tonight, we'll lock up and go to the slots, returning at 8:15 p.m. when it's all over

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Yes, many years ago
Thanks Pam!

Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 AM

36,572 posts, read 16,152,284 times
What was the scariest movie you ever saw?
Texas chainsaw massacre

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? I don't watch them much anymore. I like dark psychological thrillers.

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening?

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? No

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? No it's my favorite, my Mom was born on the 13th.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Heights

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? I don't think so.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Yes I believe in spirits.

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it? Years ago, it would probably scare me now

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? Years ago

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? No

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Genie (female)

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? No, 2 lane road, no place to park, houses acres apart.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Always, chocolate

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya!

Old 10-31-2017, 06:54 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,772,732 times
Ghoulish greetings, goblins! Happy Halloween to all. It's time for some spooky - or at least silly - inquiries, so scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the scariest movie you ever saw? Night of The Living Dead and The Exorcist.

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? The Tingler starring Vincent Price. Now I find it corny.

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? Pet Semetary.

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Not really.

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? No, I was born on the 13th.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Flying.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? Don't think so.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Sometimes spirits are around.

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween?No. Did you like it?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? When I was a kid. If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor?Horses.

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? No.

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Princess.

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? Yes, but very few.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them? Not giving candy out.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Yes.

[/quote]

Old 10-31-2017, 07:12 AM

7,445 posts, read 5,547,080 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

[b]What was the scariest movie you ever saw? The Excorsist

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? Amityville Horror

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? The Birds

Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? Poltergeist

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? no

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? no

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? mice/rats

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? death

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? yes

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Yes Did you like it? yes

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? yes, by a tractor

Have you ever sat with friends around a campfire and told, or listened to others tell, scary stories? yes

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? a clown

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? no

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? yes

[b].

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! 🎃🎃🎃

Old 10-31-2017, 07:41 AM

11,556 posts, read 12,127,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS
What was the scariest movie you ever saw? The Shining
What was the scariest book or story you ever read? Can't really think of one.
Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? The Thing
Have you ever seen a movie which others thought was scary but which you didn't find frightening? No

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Not really
I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? Nope

BONUS QUESTIONS
Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Spiders!!

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? Running out of money
Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? Yes
Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it? Yes and loved it!!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S
Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? No
What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Clown
Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? No, because we don't have but just a few children in our complex.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? YOu bethca!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN too Pam!! Thank for posting and great questions!!!

Old 10-31-2017, 07:50 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,253,460 times
[quote=PJSinger;49980807]

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)?A little bit

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13?Not any more. My daughter loves to tell the story of when I picked up and moved the 13th stepping stone in our home entrance.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours?Running out of money.

The above question reminds me of a joke by Jerry Seinfeld. He said studies have revealed that many people's biggest fear is public speaking and their second biggest fear is death. Meaning, at a funeral those people would rather be in the casket than giving the eulogy. I have no problem speaking in public and as old age sets in realize death is coming.

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us?I once ran a business ina very old historic area. I have seen thing that disappeared pop back in the exact place they had been before.

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it?When my son was younger I took him to several "haunted houses" Phoney is the nicest word I could use to describe them>

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood?There are NO children in my neighborhood.We will go to see the grandchildren tonight.

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them?Will not be home.No one would come.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? Before we finally gave up that is what we did. Bought what we liked.

Have a safe and fun Halloween, everybody. Don't eat too much candy and don't let the goblins get ya![/b][/QUOTE
Thanks Pam hope you and all have a safe,happy holloween.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,035 posts, read 82,286,952 times
What was the scariest movie you ever saw? I'm really not a big fan of scary movies, so missed many of them, but the scariest I did see was Poltergeist.

What was the scariest book or story you ever read? Can't remember reading any scary books

Are there any movies you saw when you were young that scared the beejeezers out of you but which you now find are not scary at all? No

Are you superstitious (e.g., believe in bad luck, good luck, omens, etc.)? Yes, with sports, for example jinxing a pitcher by mentioning a perfect game or no hitter in progress. Also, with weather, washing the car makes it rain.

I have a friend who is always creeped out when a Friday the 13th comes along. Are you bothered by the number 13? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Most people have at least one major fear or phobia. What's yours? Because we have 75-100' tall trees next to the house, I have a fear of big windstorms when it gets more than 40-50 mph. It happens 1-3 times a year, and there always are some trees that topple or break and land on cars or houses.

Are you afraid of something now which didn't frighten you when you were a child? Being high up on a ladder at 65 is a lot more scary than when I used to do it as a kid

Do you believe there are ghosts or spirits among us? I believe it is possible, and have had a couple of personal experiences that I cannot explain

Have you ever visited a "haunted house" which someone set up for Halloween? Did you like it?
Yes, and yes, they were fun

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever been on a hayride? If so, was the wagon drawn by horses or by a tractor? Yes, both

What was your favorite costume you've ever worn for Halloween? Too long ago to remember

Do children trick-or-treat in your neighborhood? Yes, we got 50-60 in the 90s, now down to maybe 20

If you plan to give out candy to trick-or-treaters, what kind of candy will you give them? We always buy candy that we like, such as Baby Ruth, Snickers, 3 Musketeers and Twix in the small size so we can enjoy the leftovers.

Have you ever bought candy for trick-or-treaters that's something you really like and hoped you'd have some left over? See last answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics