Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:47 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,270,367 times

Advertisements

I can fondly remember spending about 2 seconds in deep thought pondering the possibilities. Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning. Neither negative or positive.

What goes on in other's minds at any time is totally unknown to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 07:32 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,540,874 times
I was thinking of my religion when I made up my username.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:49 PM

27,508 posts, read 27,542,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
No ... I'm a Chatteress Extraordinaire ...
Yup, she is indeed, very fun! 😃

Can't imagine wanting a sad or mean name. 😏

Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,992,725 times
For me the first 3 letters are my first, middle, last name initials and I'm forever seeking to be in good health.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:59 AM

9,574 posts, read 7,458,083 times
First initial, middle initial, last name, pretty easy. I think it's quite rare that people use their real name on message boards. I wonder if you were required to use your real name, and it was somehow verified, if less people would post on message boards.

I know a lot of websites require Facebook accounts to comment on articles, although a ton of the Facebook accounts are dummy ones.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:06 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,258,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This blows me away as SO MANY are such negative names and they live with negative input on C-D daily?

I see a lot of negative comments in general.
Unfortunately there are so many unhappy out there. I try not to post that way and deliberately stay away from the more troubled forms.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,349,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This blows me away as SO MANY are such negative names and they live with negative input on C-D daily?

I see a lot of negative comments in general.

Oh bite me.

Kidding obviously. Social media in general (is CD considered social media?) has become so negative that it's not very enjoyable at times. If it wasn't for a great means to keep up with my grandson I'd bail off Facebook in a heartbeat. I guess the anonymous factor plays a big role in some people and their attitudes on here.

Oh yeah. I have very big feet---hence the user name.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:37 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,335,925 times
What was going on in my mind was just a burst of panic.

Way back in the Late Mesolithic Era I was one of a group of long time employees dumped by my employer. The person who ran User Services said that she would authorize an ID on the sly that would allow me to continue to sign into their system. The ID's had five places and I needed to supply the first three...for who knows what reason, I dawdled.

One day I am on the phone with one of the institution's suppliers and the User Services Director's assistant pops up in front of my desk and announces, "She has to have that ID now, like right now...you never gave her any initials. We are putting them into the system."

I did a duh..duh..duh, and then said, "K, E, V." The name of the guy I was talking to was Kevin. The XU in the ID was for a special category of users, distinguished visiting professors and the like, and she was smuggling me into the system with this elite.

Thus, "kevxu" was born.

(I have discovered over the years a few others, but they were based on the person's own moniker.)

Old 06-14-2017, 05:48 AM

36,580 posts, read 16,171,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I can fondly remember spending about 2 seconds in deep thought pondering the possibilities. Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning. Neither negative or positive.

What goes on in other's minds at any time is totally unknown to me.
Ya me too, you need to turn those numbers around now!!

Old 06-14-2017, 11:01 AM

29,259 posts, read 16,992,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Oh bite me.

Being an oldER person, I refuse places like FB, Linkin etc...I keep getting invites but delete. Enough negative stuff on some health boards I frequent and this group.. And yet I'm not one to be on the airy fairy mega spiritual or religious groups. So I do what I do and ignore a lot.

Kidding obviously. Social media in general (is CD considered social media?) has become so negative that it's not very enjoyable at times. If it wasn't for a great means to keep up with my grandson I'd bail off Facebook in a heartbeat. I guess the anonymous factor plays a big role in some people and their attitudes on here.

Oh yeah. I have very big feet---hence the user name.

Being an oldER person, I refuse places like FB, Linkin etc...I keep getting invites but delete. Enough negative stuff on some health boards I frequent and this group.. And yet I'm not one to be on the airy fairy mega spiritual or religious groups. So I do what I do and ignore a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics