Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 08:53 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Hope you're all ready for some fun and interesting questions...

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?
We have. Never gone to it. Somehow I doubt if I can buy stinky cheese and cheap beer there.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?
How about a cabin in the woods on a deserted island. Would relax.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)?
Much younger. After all I am only eight and a half years old. Oh wait a minute, that is in mutt years. Never mind. I am older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 08:59 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,693,660 times
oday's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? Yes.
If so, do you ever shop
there? Every week!
And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? Don't really go there for bargains. I go there for fresh produce and to visit with people.
What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? Fresh from the garden and farm fruit and vegetables. Dog bones from the grass fed beef guy. There are also people who sell bison meat from bison on their ranch - I got dog bones from them once. There's a guy who is a stay at home dad whose wife is a professor - he has built up a business baking various kinds of bread, graham crackers and cookies, and he has just started to brew his own beer, too. By the time those kids are in school he'll have a pretty good craft beer business going! A young woman has started selling yummy pies. Sometimes a mother and daughter team bring their home made baklava. One family makes organic skin care products - their bug off lotion smells so GOOD!

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? 1 - Exploring the environment. 2 - A good book. 3 - Working on skills like building a fire, splitting wood, fishing and etc. 4 - and eating and sleeping!

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Older.

Thanks, Pat! This morning I found a snake skin draped around one of the shovels in my garage. Eeek! I'm hoping the barn/garage cats are catching and eating at least some of the snakes. I don't want to find one in my car!

Old 07-20-2016, 09:12 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,244,801 times
Just a Jonesin' for some Pork Rinds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?

Hi everybody. We have no farmers markets anymore. Only fly-ridden roadside dumps that are run and patronized by the illegals. That's the way it is everywhere down here. There's nothing left. All the jobs are gone, too. Hell, we don't even dare go out anywhere anymore...we'd get robbed or shot.
I'm just telling the truth.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?

Go looking for wildlife and take pictures. Pick berries, watch the stars, sit on the porch at the cabin and watch the stars; listen to the sounds of nature. Who wants to join me?

Just for Fun:

Lots older. Fun times!

Today in History:
Birthday: 1947 Carlos Santana, Mexican and American musician
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
Science: 1976 U.S. Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, 1st Martian landing
Sports: 2015 Golfer Zach Johnson wins the British Open, becoming one of only six golfers in history to win at both the St. Andrews Old Course and the Augusta National course

Today’s Word:
logrolling
Pronunciation: (LOG-ro-ling)
Meaning: noun:
1. The exchanging of favors, especially by legislators by voting for each other’s legislation.
2. A sport in which two players stand on a floating log and try to knock each other off by spinning the log with their feet.
Etymology: From the former practice of neighbors helping each other move logs by rolling them.
Earliest documented use: 1792.

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day
3rd Wednesday: Take Your Poet To Work Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~

Have a good day everyone!
Thanks to the Cats and Pat, too! Happy Gadda-da-Vida to you all...

Old 07-20-2016, 09:38 AM

24,696 posts, read 26,281,122 times
Today's Question(s):
We have one every Sat, hours are limited and there seems to be more people selling crafts and crap than veggies. Sprouts is closer and cheaper IMO.

Bonus Question(s):
I'll take the cabin stocked with books and food.

Just for Fun:
Much older.

Thanx PatsCats.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:28 AM

7,371 posts, read 2,770,057 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? We do have a small one. If so, do you ever shop there? Yes And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? Tomatoes What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? Tomatoes that don't taste like cardboard.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? I'll take the cabin in the woods. Walking and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Older. I have the original album in my collection.

Thanks PatsCats for the questions. Happy Wednesday to all. Don't forget to take a little time for yourself today.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:46 PM

18,295 posts, read 26,087,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? Yes, two different ones in Mesa County, I buy from both of them!

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Watching the sunset, afterwards listening to some Moody Blues music.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)?Am mucho oldo.

Today in History:
Birthday: 1947 Carlos Santana, Mexican and American musician Seen Santana in concert in 5 separate decades!
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117 Bought the 8 track the week after it hit the stores--STILL have it! Told ya I was ancient!
Science: 1976 U.S. Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, 1st Martian landing
Sports: 2015 Golfer Zach Johnson wins the British Open, becoming one of only six golfers in history to win at both the St. Andrews Old Course and the Augusta National course

Today’s Word:
logrolling
Pronunciation: (LOG-ro-ling)
Meaning: noun:
1. The exchanging of favors, especially by legislators by voting for each other’s legislation.
2. A sport in which two players stand on a floating log and try to knock each other off by spinning the log with their feet.
Etymology: From the former practice of neighbors helping each other move logs by rolling them.
Earliest documented use: 1792.

Today is:
International Cake Day yummo!
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day "My boy lollipop" by Minnie Small--yep, am real old!!
World Jump Day
3rd Wednesday: Take Your Poet To Work Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~ A very underrated guitarist, been in my top ten since his first lp hit the stores in October 1969!

Have a good day everyone!
Have a super day everyone! Thanks PatsCats!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:50 PM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? No bargains, just locally farmed products. I like to support my local farmers--oh and a local winery is always there--support Local!

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Embrace nature.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? older

Have a peaceful evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics