Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:20 AM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?

Yes, but only on Sunday. There are two others in the next city that are only open Saturday. Since I work both days I do not have an opportunity to go. One of them is open early enough for me to go once (I now have earlier hours on Saturday) but when I went there several weeks ago I was disappointed. It was way smaller than I expected.

I am off one Sunday a month but I won't be this month as I signed up for an open shift which will be overtime.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?

I'll take the cabin and walking / exploring.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)?

I remember when it came out and had the LP.

Thanks, PatsCats.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 03:40 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,856,818 times
Mornin' all!

Hope you're all ready for some fun and interesting questions...

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?
We do have a farmer's market but it's not close by so I never get to shop there

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?
I'll take the deserted island and go swimming, fishing, shell hunting and bring books and magazines to read

Just for Fun:
Older

Today in History:
Birthday: 1947 Carlos Santana, Mexican and American musician
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
Science: 1976 U.S. Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, 1st Martian landing
Sports: 2015 Golfer Zach Johnson wins the British Open, becoming one of only six golfers in history to win at both the St. Andrews Old Course and the Augusta National course

Today’s Word:
logrolling
Pronunciation: (LOG-ro-ling)
Meaning: noun:
1. The exchanging of favors, especially by legislators by voting for each other’s legislation.
2. A sport in which two players stand on a floating log and try to knock each other off by spinning the log with their feet.
Etymology: From the former practice of neighbors helping each other move logs by rolling them.
Earliest documented use: 1792.

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day
3rd Wednesday: Take Your Poet To Work Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks PC!

Old 07-20-2016, 03:50 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,498,359 times
Good morning all from a sun kissed England. It won't last for long.......

Right....... yes we do have a large market in my town. One section is fruit and veg, cheese, pots and pans, that kind of thing. The other section is meat and fish. We shop there every week because the prices are lower than the big supermarkets. It's mainly older people, because the youngsters seem to prefer getting everything they need in one place, even though it costs more. Convenience costs.......

Three days on a desert island, and how will I entertain myself. Mmmmmmm....... I guess it depends who is there with me......... I wouldn't like to be there alone.

I am older than today's song. Much older............ I remember when Iron Butterfly were Iron Caterpillar.........

Old 07-20-2016, 04:31 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?im sure there are but there are more farmers stands than the pop up markets. I've stopped and buy both fruit and veggies.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?trying to climb a palm tree! Which is even harder if I'm at a cabin in the woods!

Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117 funny to think of that as heavy metal now - my sister had it and I remember the cover and singing the song. It was an earworm in its own peculiar way. In a gadda da vida baby

thank you!!!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:32 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,848,265 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? IT IS THE LAMEST MARKET EVER... If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? ALL THEY HAVE THERE ARE FRIED PIES. ..SMALL...FOR 2 BUCKS AND KNITTED KEYCHAINS AND OVERPRICED JUNK....ITS A TOWN JOKE. .I WISH WE HAD A MARKET LIKE WE DID IN MICHIGAN. .SEEMS EVERYONE GROWS FOR THEIR OWN USE HERE IN TN...that's it.....

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? ISLAND....BY MYSELF...NO KID NO HUSBAND NO DOGS. ..NO BODY. .BUT ME...I'LL FIND SOMETHING TO DO...

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? I WAS 8......

THANKS PAT!!!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:36 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times
Mornin'' all!

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? Veggies, fruits, some breads. What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Deserted island where I would read, play cards, listen to my transistor radio build sand castles and explore a little bit.

Just for Fun:
[Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Older

Today in History:
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
Science: 1976 U.S. Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, 1st Martian landing
Sports: 2015 Golfer Zach Johnson wins the British Open, becoming one of only six golfers in history to win at both the St. Andrews Old Course and the Augusta National course

Today’s Word:
logrolling
1. The exchanging of favors, especially by legislators by voting for each other’s legislation.
2. A sport in which two players stand on a floating log and try to knock each other off by spinning the log with their feet.
Etymology: From the former practice of neighbors helping each other move logs by rolling them.

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~

Have a good day everyone! [/quote]

Thanks and same to you, Pats Cats.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:32 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? we have a small farmers market but we always go regularly to local farms and pick up eggs,berries,other fruit and vegetable. I very much like to support farmers with their local grown produce.Kinda nice when they get to know you and you can chat with them for a while.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? I would like to take the cabin in the woods please I would go hiking,bird watching,just relaxing and enjoy the peace and tranquility.As company I would take my husband with me for he is a very quiet man.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Older

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
logrolling

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~ Beautiful

Have a good day everyone!

Thank you PatsCats

Old 07-20-2016, 05:51 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,448,231 times
Today's Question(s):

I like going for the variety.

Bonus Question(s):

On an island I would come up with a nice design and build a house from banana leaves and palm fronds. That would be fun and entertaining. Of course I'd probably have to leave before it was finished.

Alone in a cabin in the woods sounds like the setting for a horror movie. All it needs is a murky lake next to it. Ugh. No thank you.

Just for Fun:

Younger. I've heard of it though.

Old 07-20-2016, 05:51 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
B]Mornin' all! [/b]

Today's Question(s):
We have several in our town. Everything is very fresh. I live in a rural area.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?. Deserted island. I'd swim in the ocean and try to catch seafood.

Just for Fun:
I'm younger.

Today in History:

Old 07-20-2016, 06:21 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,879,076 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? Most surrounding towns have farmer's markets. Some have live music. I sometimes go for homemade bread and jam. Veggies are always locally grown, fresh picked from neighbor's gardens. So much better than a grocery store.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? I choose three days on a deserted island, as I live in a small house.. not in, but in a field surrounded by woods. I would explore the island, spend time in the water.... Can I bring my kayak? At night I'd have campfires; sit and look at the stars.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? I was 15, almost 16. Singing now......

Quote of the Day:

Have a good day everyone! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics