Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 06:45 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?
We don't have one

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Take a dog, walk, and walk!

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)?
Older~~ and if you listen to the whole song, you have to be stoned

Today in History:
Birthday: 1947 Carlos Santana, Mexican and American musician
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
Science: 1976 U.S. Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, 1st Martian landing
Sports: 2015 Golfer Zach Johnson wins the British Open, becoming one of only six golfers in history to win at both the St. Andrews Old Course and the Augusta National course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 07:13 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,088,204 times
Mornin' all!

Hope you're all ready for some fun and interesting questions...

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? don't have one anymore. All the old time veggie farmers that did are gone on.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? You didn't say who was coming with me.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)?Much older...

Today in History:
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117
Science: 1976 U.S. Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, 1st Martian landing
Sports: 2015 Golfer Zach Johnson wins the British Open, becoming one of only six golfers in history to win at both the St. Andrews Old Course and the Augusta National course

Today’s Word:
logrolling
Pronunciation: (LOG-ro-ling)
Meaning: noun:
1. The exchanging of favors, especially by legislators by voting for each other’s legislation.
2. A sport in which two players stand on a floating log and try to knock each other off by spinning the log with their feet.
Etymology: From the former practice of neighbors helping each other move logs by rolling them.
Earliest documented use: 1792.

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day
3rd Wednesday: Take Your Poet To Work Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~

Have a good day everyone!

Old 07-20-2016, 07:23 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,895,838 times
[quote=PatsCats;44822846]Mornin' all!

Hope you're all ready for some fun and interesting questions...

Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere?

I haven't been to one in years because everything I need is growing in my back yard. I do look for something fun like home made cookies or muffins. I don't remember where we were with friends in Chicago more then a decade ago but we bought muffins from the farmers market. I think we may have been at Lincoln park.
Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?

Is there a place to fish? Is there a television Can I run around without any clothes on?
Just for Fun:

Older. We had two copies of that album and we got rid of both of them last year. Have you ever seen the Simpsons parody with that song?

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
logrolling
1. The exchanging of favors, especially by legislators by voting for each other’s legislation.
2. A sport in which two players stand on a floating log and try to knock each other off by spinning the log with their feet.
Etymology: From the former practice of neighbors helping each other move logs by rolling them.

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~

Thanks Pat you too and stay cool. It's going to be brutal the next couple of days. I really want to spend it in water either at the beach or my friends pools. I hate this weather.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,895,838 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSCUhqsy4Nk

Old 07-20-2016, 08:01 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,612,177 times

I buy corn, tomatoes before mine are ready and peaches because I suck at growing peaches despite numerous attempts.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself?

Probably spending most of my time trying to survive. Making shelter, hunting/gathering/fishing etc. I don't like my chances.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
Birthday: 1947 Carlos Santana, Mexican and American musician Younger
Entertainment: 1968 Iron Butterfly's "In-a-gadda-da-vida" becomes 1st heavy metal song to hit charts, it comes in at #117 Older from here on down

Today’s Word:
logrolling

Today is:
International Cake Day
Moon Day
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day
World Jump Day

Quote of the Day:

Old 07-20-2016, 08:03 AM

44,475 posts, read 20,273,814 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? Yes! If so, do you ever shop there? Yes, but not as often as I'd like to. Their hours are very limited and I'm usually not available to go when they're open. And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? I'm hoping to go this Saturday and pick up some tomatoes, green peppers, and possibly sweet corn if it's ready (it may still be too early in the season for local corn; I'm not sure). What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? Truly fresh vegetables!

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Cabin in the woods. I love forests. I would spend time taking long walks in the woods, fishing if there's a lake or river nearby, having a campfire at night, playing my guitar and serenading the trees and critters, maybe reading a book or two. It would be heavenly to have three days in such a setting.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Oops. I've deleted the History section, so can't see what song you're talking about. So my answer is, "I don't know."

Today’s Word:
logrolling
I didn't know about definition #1. Interesting!

Today is:
International Cake Day Yum! I've been eating low carb lately, though, so I'll pass.
Moon Day I've got a moon for ya!
Space Exploration Day
National Lollipop Day Haven't had one for a long time. Loved 'em when I was a little kid, especially the small ones that had a handle that was a loop made of rolled paper.
World Jump Day I don't jump anymore. It's too hard on the joints! *chuckle*
3rd Wednesday: Take Your Poet To Work Day I'm a poet. Didja know it? (Lame, but at least it rhymes!)

Quote of the Day:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." ~ Carlos Santana ~ Good one, Carlos.

Have a good day everyone! Happy hump day!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-20-2016 at 08:12 AM..

Old 07-20-2016, 08:30 AM

15,443 posts, read 21,510,447 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? There are no Farmer's Markets near here. There are however lots of farmers.

Bonus Question(s): http://s5.tinypic.com/5x8xv9_th.jpg
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Give me the deserted island. I'm writing this from a lonely cabin. It doesn't take much to entertain me. Just being on some isolated South Sea island would entertain me for years.

Just for Fun: http://s8.tinypic.com/2whf77m_th.jpg
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Older. I had been in AF basic training for a week on June 14, 1968. I only remember the song later after my life had been returned to me.

Thanks PC.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:33 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,931,547 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? If so, do you ever shop there? And if so, what do you get the best bargains on? What can you get there that you cannot get elsewhere? Yes, but it's a few miles away and I never think of going there the one day a week that it's open.

You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? I'll sit on the beach and read my books. Then I'll wander along the beach looking for seashells and tidal pools. Then I'll take a nap. Then I'll start over again the next day. Thanks!

Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Much older!

Thanks PC and happy day everyone!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:34 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,242,090 times
Today's Question(s):
Our town doesn't, the nearest one is two towns over. Haven't been there for years though.

Bonus Question(s):
I'll choose the island, and go swimming in the ocean.

Just for Fun:

Old 07-20-2016, 08:35 AM

39,243 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Today's Question(s):
Does your town have a Farmer's Market, where you can purchase all kinds of fresh vegetables? Yes, it got started here just a few months ago. If so, do you ever shop there? I haven't been there yet.

Bonus Question(s):
You get three days on a deserted island, or in a cabin in the woods, the choice is yours. How will you entertain yourself? Go take a look around and hopefully find some friendly natives.

Just for Fun:
Are you older or younger than today's hit song (see below)? Older.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics