Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 AM

44,468 posts, read 20,260,251 times

Advertisements

Good peeve, Jezer! My worst assembly project was a wooden pantry for my kitchen. It had a bazillion screws, and many of the pre-bored holes in the wood were not perfect, so pieces didn't line up very well. It was very frustrating to put the thing together, and one door is still a little crooked on it.

Beautiful flowers, by the way!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,301,553 times
I actually really enjoy assembling things, I like trying to figure out the instructions and the feeling of accomplishment when I've finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 09:06 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times
Instructions, what are instructions. All you need is a hammer, screwdriver and some glue and you can assemble most anything...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:04 AM

5,925 posts, read 3,852,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

Self assembly products and instructions!
I know!! Most instructions are worthless for sure. I purchased a futon that had to be put together and I was so proud of myself for doing it but I had two very large people spend the night one time and they completely destroyed it, the mechanisms were bent and broken so I had to order replacement parts and put the darn thing back together again!! Needless to say no one is sleeping on it again unless they weigh less than 90 lbs.!!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,857,593 times
Self assembly products and instructions!

Still my biggest peeve, Jezer! I did manage to assemble a storage cabinet since we discussed this last and even finished it in one day instead of several as most of these type projects usually drag on for me, so I must be getting better at it, not!!! If anything, I hate it even more!!!

I don't know why these places don't just hire some people to assemble these for you if you want... I'd gladly pay extra to avoid having to do it. Besides, it's kind of impossible to take them back once assembled... hmmm, maybe that's what they're up to?!? I even lucked out on one item I bought last week that had "fully assembled" written on the box, and it was... one in a million!

Great photos of your lovely flowers and garden, Jezer, thanks for sharing... certainly brightens up the day!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics