Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, October 29th 2013. Yikes – I spent all day today thinking it was Wednesday. It was only when looking at what’s on TV tonight that I saw it’s Tuesday! Just in the nick of time for QOTD! (For those who may be wondering, it’s already Tuesday evening here in Australia!)

Today’s Question:

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones

Had an absolutely awful haircut

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery

Been the only passenger on a bus

Flown in a helicopter

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park?

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch?

Thought for the Day:

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. (Thomas Henry Huxley, in 1870)

Today Is:

International Internet Day
National Cat Day
National Hermit Day
National Oatmeal Day
World Psoriasis Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 02:07 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Yay! It's Kobberday!

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall.

~ I got ready for work on a weekend, thinking it was a work day. I figured it out before actually leaving home.

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones ~ Yep.

Had an absolutely awful haircut ~ Yep. From a young lady. Now I go to an old barber. Fantastic!

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery ~ In a lottery, no.

~ Yep.

Flown in a helicopter

~ Nope and I won't.

~ Several months ago.

~ How the heck would I remember that? Just for that I'm asking pizza questions this Friday.

**** Thank you, Kobber. Odd how something like a simple yummy nibble can bring such happiness. ****

Last edited by rainroosty; 10-29-2013 at 02:27 AM..

Old 10-29-2013, 02:26 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,878,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Today’s Question:

No - not yet.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

No - not yet.

Every time.

Lottery? What's a lottery?

No - not yet.

Flown in a helicopter

No - not yet.

Bonus Question:

I walk in a city every day.

Just for fun:

I don't wear a watch, the moon tells me when it's time to go home.
Poiple

Old 10-29-2013, 02:33 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,226,596 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, October 29th 2013. Yikes – I spent all day today thinking it was Wednesday. It was only when looking at what’s on TV tonight that I saw it’s Tuesday! Just in the nick of time for QOTD! (For those who may be wondering, it’s already Tuesday evening here in Australia!)

Today’s Question:

well, I get a little confused about what day of the week it is now that I'm retired. I can live with that.!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

nope

yes!

no-but then I don't buy tickets too often. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

yup-used to be that last one the school bus let off.

Flown in a helicopter

no but maybe someday.....
Bonus Question:

If you count the village green, walked across one a few days ago to get from the bank to the post office, and back again.

Just for fun:

I let you know when I do.

Thought for the Day:

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. (Thomas Henry Huxley, in 1870)

Today Is:

National Cat Day
National Hermit Day
National Oatmeal Day
World Psoriasis Day
Thanks, Kobber. Happy tomorrow to ya!

Old 10-29-2013, 02:54 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today’s Question:

With my job I often do not know what day it is. Crossing lots of time zones can really mess up one's internal clock. It does not help working 30 hour days. Not too long ago I went in the bank. As I was leaving the teller told me to have a nice weekend. I looked at her and said it is only Wednesday. She looked back at me and said it was Saturday. I had lost 3 days.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Nope

When I was little my dad use to cut my hair. It would take him about 45 minutes using 2 different clippers. The whole time he would be commenting what a good looking haircut it was turning out to be. The truth is it looked like he put a bowl on my head and shaved around it. Now if he had actually put a bowl on my head and shaved around it I would have been ok with it. But trying to sit still on a stool for 45 minutes for a crappy looking haircut was just too much.

Not in a lottery. I once won $1,000 on a scratch ticket. I have also won a $1,000 on a KENO ticket.

Probably the fewest people on the bus when I was riding was 4 or 5 people.

Flown in a helicopter
I have one time. I was 12 and was in the right place at the right time.

Bonus Question:

A couple days ago. There is one across the street from where I live.

Just for fun:

6 or 7.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:20 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Hello all,

Quote:

Today’s Question:

This has never happened to me.
But one time I forgot to set my clock back when the time changed and didn't realize it until late that evening.

Quote:
Have you ever –

Flown in a helicopter
A) No.
B) Yes, about 20 years ago. I have been going to one person to get my haircut ever since.
C) Yes, once a long time ago, $500.00. I only very rarely play the lottery.
D) Yes.
E) No.

Quote:
This past Sunday I took a walk around Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

Quote:
Probably around age 6-8. I have always worn one.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:23 AM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Today’s Question:

I turned up a day early for a haircut once. I'm still not sure whether it was my mistake or his. Another time, when I was young and working at a doctor's office, I booked an appointment for a day the doctor wasn't in. I got royally chewed out and later lost my job. Now that I'm retired, I often forget what day it is and have to remind myself. One time a member here posted the "Friday Questions of the Day," and I laughed and thought it was a joke, because I was positive it was Monday!

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones No

Had an absolutely awful haircut Lots of times, and I've got the photos to prove it. My dad's father was a barber, so Dad thought he inherited hair cutting skills. He didn't. I have some pretty hilarious class pictures with soup bowl haircuts like the ones Alaskan Mutt described. I also have some heinous bad perm photos from the 80s.

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery No

Been the only passenger on a bus Not that I remember

Flown in a helicopter Yes, a couple of times. Don't like it.

Bonus Question:

I live across the street from a city park, but I haven't gone walking there for ages.

Just for fun:

About 12 or 13.

Thanks, Kobber!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:29 AM

438 posts, read 660,631 times
Today’s Question:

i often don't even know what day it is and sometimes forget what month it is.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

nope

YES!!!

nope

yes

Flown in a helicopter

yes

Bonus Question:

yesterday

Just for fun:

I have no idea but I can tell the day I stopped wearing a watch ...37 yrs ago

happy day everyone~

Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,703 times
Quote:

Today’s Question:

I rarely know what day it is. I remember way back when, I jumped out of bed thinking I was going to be late for school only to realize it was Saturday. At least I was still at home when I figured that out. Have shown up at the dentist a day late...Oops

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

no

Yes, several times.

Nope

Nope.

Flown in a helicopter
Yes.

Bonus Question:

I'm past due. I cannot even remember the last time I did that

Just for fun:

Not too sure. The one thing I do remember is I always wore it on my right wrist and it drove my father batty (tee hee hee). According to him, I should have been wearing it on my left wrist because I am right handed. To this day, if I wear a watch, it goes in my right wrist and he still shakes his head at me (mind you he always shakes his head at me for some reason or another anyways)

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

National Cat Day
National Hermit Day
National Oatmeal Day
World Psoriasis Day
Yay! Does this mean I can stay at home be a hermit, snuggle with my cats while playing on the internet and eating my oatmeal?

HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY EVERYONE!!!!

Old 10-29-2013, 04:53 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times

Today’s Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstonesNo

Had an absolutely awful haircutyes

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lotteryyes

Flown in a helicopteryes

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park?yesterday

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch?when I was 9 years old

Thank you for the questions Kobber and a good day to all

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics