Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,781,169 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall.
I once slept for 24 hours woke up not knowing what day it was. I had worked the previous 24 hours.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones yes

Had an absolutely awful haircut yes and I'm not liking the current one!

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery no

Been the only passenger on a bus no

Flown in a helicopter no

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park?
About 2 weeks ago walked along a path beside the ocean that is a county park. It was Great!

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch? 12 it was a birthday gift!

Thought for the Day:

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. (Thomas Henry Huxley, in 1870) Or maybe slip and fall off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 05:45 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,113,498 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall. yes and it's awful. I went to a doctor appointment two days early.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones no

Had an absolutely awful haircut yes....my sister-in-law is a beauty operator and she says the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is a week.

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery yes

Been the only passenger on a bus yes

Flown in a helicopter no

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park? three months ago at a celebration

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch? about age 10

Thought for the Day:

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. (Thomas Henry Huxley, in 1870)

Today Is:

International Internet Day clap clap
National Cat Day clap clap
National Hermit Day xxxx
National Oatmeal Day yummy
World Psoriasis Day I hate this skin disorder

Thanks Kobber for the ????s. To all, have a good day

Old 10-29-2013, 05:51 AM

401 posts, read 481,850 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall.

I remember getting the date wrong for an airport shuttle reservation. The day of my flight, I was wondering where the shuttle was. Finally, I called them and found out my mistake. At that point, I had 2 hours to get to the airport and check in. I made it but, the lady in the short term parking looked at me in disbelief when I presented my parking ticket. I ended up paying close to $100 for parking there over 3 days.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones I think I had some minor dents.

Had an absolutely awful haircut not that I remember

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery Yes, I hit the $500 3 different times on 1 particular scratch off game. Sadly, I haven't been that lucky since.

Been the only passenger on a bus no

Flown in a helicopter not yet

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park? I think its been 5 or 6 years. I remember doing a trip to New York City where I walked through Central Park to get the Tavern on the Green restaurant. I had a reservation for lunch there. It was surprising. It doesn't look impressive from the outside but, it is on the inside.

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch? Probably when I joined the Air Force. You have to be on time for various functions there. I remember losing a very nice Seiko watch because I took it off to wash my hands (it wasn't waterproof) and, I forgot to put it back on. When I realized my mistake and went back to get the watch, it was gone.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,268,795 times
lost a day? i'm on the wagon.

hailstones? nope
awful haircut? yes, not in a long time though
lottery? nope
only passenger? yes
flown in a helicopter? a couple of times, from one ship to another in the sea of japan

walked in a park? yesterday

wrist watch? ten

Old 10-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 10 days ago)

4,735 posts, read 3,309,394 times
Today’s Question:

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall. I've not missed an entire day but have been off by an hour when the time changed.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones Not any of our good vehicles just one of the farm trucks.

Had an absolutely awful haircut YES!!

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery No

Been the only passenger on a bus No

Flown in a helicopter Yes, I loved it!!!!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park? Not for ages.

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch? I don't wear a watch but I'm always on time. I use my cell phone and vehicle clocks to keep track of time.

Thought for the Day:

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher. (Thomas Henry Huxley, in 1870)

Today Is:

International Internet Day
National Cat Day I'm happy to report that my barn kittens are doing great!!!!
National Hermit Day I plan on staying in all day!!!! What a treat after our crazy work schedule the last few weeks.
National Oatmeal Day
World Psoriasis Day

Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,786,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, October 29th 2013. Yikes – I spent all day today thinking it was Wednesday. It was only when looking at what’s on TV tonight that I saw it’s Tuesday! Just in the nick of time for QOTD! (For those who may be wondering, it’s already Tuesday evening here in Australia!)

Today’s Question:

Have you ever completely lost a day, or a large part of a day like I did today... or perhaps turned up for an appointment on the wrong day? Or gone to work on Saturday, thinking it was Friday. Or turned up at the airport a day early or late for your flight? Please share any such incident (or similar) that you recall. Don't think so.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones - No

Had an absolutely awful haircut - Yes!

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery - Yes

Been the only passenger on a bus - No

Flown in a helicopter - No

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park? Several weeks ago.

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch? I'm not a wrist watch type of gal.

Thought for the Day:

Today Is:

National Cat Day
National Hermit Day
National Oatmeal Day
World Psoriasis Day
Stay safe,everyone.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 AM

37,871 posts, read 41,298,274 times
Today’s Question:

Did you know that there is a gift for retirees that is a clock with no numbers? It has the days of the week on the clock. That is because there are no weekends, blue Mondays or hump days (Wednesday) when you are retired and except for holidays where you get company or travel, there are no holidays, either because every day is a holiday. When I sit down at my PC the first thing in the AM, I wave my cursor arrow over the time to check what day it is. I rely on my calendar a lot for appointments and classes. I've had lost days but never had a problem due to a lost day.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones

no

Had an absolutely awful haircut

yes

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery

no

Been the only passenger on a bus

yes

Flown in a helicopter

no...and I never will.

Bonus Question:

With "walk" being the key word, I'll go with the 1990s. I go to parks all of the time but not to walk.

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch?

Don't remember but it was a Cinderella watch (she was on the face) so I'll go with 5, 6 or 7.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:28 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,556,724 times
Happy Tuesday and Good Morning in my neck of the world!

Today’s Question:

When I had major surgery one times years ago I lost a whole day because of the drugs they had given me.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones several times

Had an absolutely awful haircut yes, when I was a kid and my Mom cut my hair

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery no, I wish.

Been the only passenger on a bus yes

Flown in a helicopter no

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you walked in a city or town park? two weeks ago.

Just for fun:

How old were you when you first started wearing a wrist watch? 10

Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,685,166 times
Today’s Question:
I have spent part of a day thinking it was the next.

Extra Credit Question:
Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones nope, but known those who have

Had an absolutely awful haircut no, if it's bad enough you can just cut it shorter

Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery I've had small winnings, but far enough back in time not to remember exact amounts right now.

Been the only passenger on a bus Yes, on an airport shuttle, a couple of times

Flown in a helicopter nope

Bonus Question:
I walk frequently, but seldom in parks.

Just for fun:
Got a watch for Christmas when I was about 12 or 13.

Thought for the Day:
--

Today Is:
National Cat Day

Cats are awesome. Deal with it.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:41 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,429,663 times
Today’s Question:

I once turned up for a regular appt. on the correct day-except for the fact that the usual appt. had been canceled, which I had written down ahead of time, but had then forgotten to check-
so I was sitting there waiting for my appt. and was finally told by the receptionist that I didn't have an appt. after all-then I checked my engagement calendar and went "whoops !".

I often have days where it "feels" or seems like a different day of the week, and I have to keep reminding myself of what day it actually is.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Had your car damaged by hailstones
No, as I do not have a car
Had an absolutely awful haircut
No, but I got a "body wave" perm that was disappointing & not worth the expense & hassle-it's been 20 years since I've been to a hairdresser
Won more than $200 (on one ticket) in a lottery

Never
Been the only passenger on a bus
Cannot recall
Flown in a helicopter
Never

Bonus Question:

a month ago, on the Brattleboro Retreat trails

Just for fun:

Don't remember, though I used to have a Minnie Mouse watch. Now I haven't worn a watch for several years.

Today Is:
National Cat Day
National Hermit Day-that's me

Thanks for the Qs, Kobber
Hope everyone is having a nice morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics