Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,913,740 times

Advertisements

It seems that there’s just a failure at times, for what clothing people are wearing. I’m seeing seniors who look like they’re trying to be teenagers or regain their youth dressing in the wrong age appropriate attire. I saw two old men (at different times this morning) dressed like 6 or 8 year olds. As well I’m seeing very young kids (girls) who are trying to dress like 20 year old adults. What’s happening with these people?

Age appropriate clothing.
peeve of the day.................

Spoiler

Jezer,,, I hope you enjoy your time away,,,,, just remember if I $crew this thing up too much you'll have to cleanup after me when you return. lol
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It seems that there’s just a failure at times, for what clothing people are wearing. I’m seeing seniors who look like they’re trying to be teenagers or regain their youth dressing in the wrong age appropriate attire. I saw two old men (at different times this morning) dressed like 6 or 8 year olds. As well I’m seeing very young kids (girls) who are trying to dress like 20 year old adults. What’s happening with these people?

Age appropriate clothing. peeve of the day.................

Spoiler

Jezer,,, I hope you enjoy your time away,,,,, just remember if I $crew this thing up too much you'll have to cleanup after me when you return. lol
The worst is women who dress up their very young daughters to look like grown women for beauty pageants or talent shows. It sickens me to see a 6-year-old dressed provocatively.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:13 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,559,910 times
I am happy in my knee high black socks with plaid shorts. I do tend to wear short pants about 10 months out of the year. I have always hated long pants.

I had to LOL@ the old men dressed as 8 year olds. I don't think I have seen that here yet. But then we rarely go in to town these days.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 AM

30,595 posts, read 16,276,313 times
yea-and as if the style isn't bad enough, reality check: you're not a size 5 anymore!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,502,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Age appropriate clothing.
peeve of the day.................

Spoiler

Instead of separating clothing stores by department they should separate them by age!!

Spoiler
Hope YOU don't become the 'peeve of the day', Aks!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:44 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,283,070 times
Once when I was out shopping I saw a woman who looked to me as if she was in her mid 70's, she had on short shorts and really high heels. I couldn't believe how horrible she looked loose skin hanging on her legs, butt cheeks hanging out, flabby all over even though she was smaller. If she would have been dressed in something less revealing and more age appropriate she would have been a very nice looking woman. Don't people look in the mirror before they go out??????

Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,712,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
The worst is women who dress up their very young daughters to look like grown women for beauty pageants or talent shows. It sickens me to see a 6-year-old dressed provocatively.

I agree,PJ.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 AM

10,200 posts, read 11,183,342 times
Quote:

This and there are so many Sicko's out there, preying on the young and innocent. Dress your lil one's appropriate for their age..

Old 10-13-2012, 07:23 AM

36,448 posts, read 16,054,057 times
Yes its a peeve but something I just can't dwell on.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:33 AM

27,375 posts, read 27,421,823 times
Quote:

And then we want to know why so many young girls are being attacked
How about shopping, have you seen some of the clothes the manufactureres put out, that are made for littel 6 year olds??? Almost Victoria Secret!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics