Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:59 AM

604 posts, read 457,204 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

Do you wake up easily in the morning or require coffee, exercise, or something else to get you going? I usually wake up pretty easily, but I always have a cup of coffee.

Do you feel younger or older than your current age? younger

Last thing you were anxious about? Going to work Thursday night... blah

Bonus Question(s):

Tell me something you are planning to do today. Going to the bank and deposit a couple of checks.

Which do you prefer being in front of the camera or behind it ? Neither! I can't take a decent picture...

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything? not really anymore.

Do you recycle at your house? yes

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,792,757 times
good early morning

Today's Question(s):

Do you wake up easily in the morning or require coffee, exercise, or something else to get you going? I just do it because I have to. I used to work evenings and didn't need an alarm

Do you feel younger or older than your current age?
younger

Last thing you were anxious about?
diviorce stuff

Bonus Question(s):

Tell me something you are planning to do today. craft store, food shopping maybe....

Which do you prefer being in front of the camera or behind it ?
I'd go for in front

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything? funnels

Do you recycle at your house?
oh yes

Old 11-12-2011, 03:12 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,739,963 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you wake up easily in the morning or require coffee, exercise, or something else to get you going? Oh, coffee, definitely. Without it, I feel like a zombie, not too sharp or energetic. I just need the one mug first thing in the morning - freshly ground beans, good and strong. I don't drink coffee throughout the day and on rare occasion might have a cappuccino after a dinner out.

Do you feel younger or older than your current age? Younger. I look it too, according to others, which is nice to know.

Last thing you were anxious about? Our upcoming overseas move, in 10 days! I've been anxious about that for weeks, and will be for 10 more days. So many things to take care of

Bonus Question(s):

Tell me something you are planning to do today. Well, my day's almost over here so my plan is: dinner. I'm making pasta with tuna sauce.

Behind it.

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything?
Books, it seems. But I'm going to look into getting an e-reader soon to help with that habit . Going through a local move earlier this year, and now a longer distance one in the next little while convinced me we needed to cut down on accumulating stuff.

Yes. We have a separate, yellow-lidded bin for recyclables that gets picked up every second week, as opposed to weekly for the regular trash.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:44 AM

48,278 posts, read 22,058,266 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you wake up easily in the morning or require coffee, exercise, or something else to get you going?
I do wake up easily each morning.....I do make coffee and have a cup....but its not essential the way it was when I was working.

Do you feel younger or older than your current age? Most of the time I am surprised at my age.....I think of myself as younger......BUT....I am able to get my self image and reality lined up most of the time.

Last thing you were anxious about? The telephone makes me anxious.....I really hate to hear it ring and I can't talk for long.....even when the call is purely social and pleasant.

Bonus Question(s):

Tell me something you are planning to do today. I was reminded that I will be in charge of the worship service (including the sermon) at church in early December......I will start to work on my message today.

Which do you prefer being in front of the camera or behind it ? Neither really....but I end up in almost all the photos from vacation and trips.....DP likes to take pictures

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything? We have a collection of Japanese cat figurines and Japanese handcrafts (gifts from a "crafty" aunt. My day lilies are almost a collection....I have so many different hybreds in the gardens.

Do you recycle at your house? Yes

Strange state laws:

In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus.

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.

Alaska law says that you can't look at a moose from an airplane.

In Illinois, the law is that a car must be driven with the steering wheel.

In Tennessee, it is against the law to drive a car while sleeping.

In New York, it is against the law for a blind person to drive an automobile.

In Kentucky, it's the law that a person must take a bath once a year.

In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.

In the state of Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light

In Augusta Maine....it is against the law to stroll down the street playing a violin.

In Maine a gun must be carried with you to church..in the event of Indian attacks.

Spitting out of second floor windows is illegal in Portland, Maine.

Have a great weekend everyone

Old 11-12-2011, 03:59 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,873,850 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you wake up easily in the morning or require coffee, exercise, or something else to get you going?
I don't wake up easily, would love to have coffee but the caffeine makes me jittery. Usually just wander around for a bit.
I feel, in my head, much younger.
Oh, I don't get anxious much anymore.

Bonus Question(s):

Tell me something you are planning to do today.
Grocery shopping.
As long as I'm behind the camera I can keep my illusion of youth.

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything? I collect seaglass in Maine. Sometimes rocks and feathers.... Oh. Books. Children's picture books. A friend just introduced me to an illustrator, Alison Jay. I love her illustrations and will order some of her books today!

Do you recycle at your house? Yes. I need to go to the recycling center this morning.

Vermont
• As in most dairy states, Vermont does what it can to discourage the use of margarine. For example, it's illegal to use colored margarine in restaurants unless the menu indicates you do--in letters two inches high. Colored margarine can only be served in triangle shaped patties.
• At one time it was illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole. Because there are so many giraffes in Vermont!
• Call a Vermont court a "kangaroo court" or some similar moniker, and you might be looking at a $200 fine. It is illegal to defame a court.
• In Vermont It's against the law to whistle under water.
• In Vermont it is illegal to paint landscapes in times of war.
• In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
• It's against the law in Vermont for vagrants to procure food by force. Apparently if you have a good job and stable home life, it's O.K. to procure food by force.
• Lawmakers made it obligatory for everybody to take at least one bath each week- - on Saturday night.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited by kpinvt; 11-12-2011 at 04:24 AM..

Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,174,136 times
Today's Question(s): Yayyy! It's a moment of peacefulness for me right now!

~ I wake up very alert and quiet and could pilot a jumbo jet.

~ Younger in mind. It's the old hippie thing.

~ I don't do anxious.

Bonus Question(s):

~ I plan on getting hell for no reason at all; I plan on getting bit*hed at for nothing. I plan on having my friend stop by to visit because yesterday was my birthday and catching hell when he arrives because I will have a beer with him.

~ I am comfortable on either side.

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything?
~ Video games....that's my biggest collection. PC games and old Nintendo games, which were the best games ever!

~ Yep.....recycle 'til it's silly.....silly!

Strange state laws:

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession. ~ I carry pliers every day.

Thanks for the QOTD, and HappyWishes and Eats for you all!
If anyone has a room or an old barn or something for me to stay in I will work for you - I can do all sorts of stuff! Just DM me....

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-12-2011 at 04:25 AM..

Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,691,117 times
Today's Question(s):

I have no problem getting up. It's staying up I have a problem

Mentally I'm still young. Unfortunately my mind can accumulate bills that my body can't pay.

Bonus Question(s):

Get the house ready to show at 12:45

I would much rather be in front. I am a large portion ham.

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything?
Navel lint.

The first law of thermodynamics states that matter cannot be created or destroyed. Because of that everything is, for all intents and purposes, recycled.

Strange state laws:

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession.

Are there no drive up ATM's with braille in NY

In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m.

[/quote]

Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,118,698 times
Welecome to the Weekend Everyone!!!!
Today's Question(s):

Yes, Coffee

Both at times
With pop culture I can see my age

Pretty laid back

Bonus Question(s):

yardwork , hopefully the last time for the year.

both
Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything?
yes

no

Strange state laws:

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,340,530 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

Do you wake up easily in the morning or require coffee, exercise, or something else to get you going? I usually get up easily.

Do you feel younger or older than your current age? Younger

Bonus Question(s):

Tell me something you are planning to do today. Get my underarms waxed

Which do you prefer being in front of the camera or behind it ? Behind

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything? No

Do you recycle at your house? Yes, it's important to recycle

Strange state laws:

Have a lovely day!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:45 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,946,206 times
Good morning to all. Thanks for QOTD Big Mike!

Today's Question(s):

I usually wake up before the alarm and put on the morning news. I tend to sit there a little longer some days looking deep within for the energy to get going.

Once I am showered and dressed, I feel younger.

My boss' new boss (who I never really dealt with other than sharing an occassional greeting in the hallway) assigned a project to a small group of us. This is new ground for all of us beyond the role of our normal jobs, and somehow I've become the unofficial team leader. So this is now my "first impression" moment for her.

Bonus Question(s):

I am going to go out geocaching today. We have a group of about 25 caches we are setting out to find, that is once my DS decides to get out of bed. Then later I have to fire up the work computer and get busy (it's catchup time!)

Behind the camera for me.

Just for Fun:

Do you collect anything?
We've collected the complete set of baseball cards and special Barbie's for our kids as they were growing up. We'll give them to them soon and they can do with them what they wish. DW collects little bear figurines. I collect the bills! Well, sort of... when I used to part-time in retail, I'd collect "strange money", meaning I'd buy the weird denominations that people spent in our store ($2 bills, silver notes, Eisenhower dollars, etc.) That made life easier for the bank deposit and I amassed a quite a sum without even trying to hard. Then it was all spent.

Yes, we have a new recycling program here in our town and my DW has RUN WITH IT!!! The minute I finish with someone recyclable, she's practically taking it from me to put in the blue bin.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics