Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,169,710 times

Advertisements

Grrrr, if it's not one thing, it's another!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,239,423 times
That's a terrific peeve, Jezer!
I've been saying all along that we need togo back to riding horses!
It would change everything; a vast improvement.
But then again, they'd probably still try to make us have insurance - and hang a license tag on the horse's arse!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM

44,753 posts, read 62,117,125 times
Yep, just last week while driving down the road I pushed the button to lower the drivers side window and bang the electric motor operating it went out and the window dropped into the slot and it cost $240.00 to replace it.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM

16,805 posts, read 17,577,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Just found out yesterday the A/C compressor on my car is going out. Talking big bucks here......
Yep!

That was one of the things that went wrong last year!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,252,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning posters and welcome to April.

It's busy here as we have a French Exchange visitor just arrived here for the week and she will be going to places like Oxford and London.

I could peeve about how my French isn't as good as it used to be, but let's think of something else.

We went through a period last year where we just got one thing sorted out with one of our cars when the next thing went wrong. We got so peeved with the car that it is no longer with us, but for today's peeve we'll have;

Cars going wrong.
What perfect timing!

My oldest daughter got married the first week in March. The wedding was in Nevada and I live in Colorado. As I am terrified to fly and my truck was having a temper tantrum. I bought a used car. Nice little Alfa Romero. Had it checked out and tuned up. On the way home, the car threw a MAJOR fit. It's still sitting in Arizona

Fast forward to today. I was driving my husband's baby, a vintage Ford F-150 and smelled something burning. I pulled over, got out and looked on the floorboard and under the seat was on fire. It was toaster pastry before the fire department got there.

I think i'm just gonna buy a horse!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,858,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Yep, just last week while driving down the road I pushed the button to lower the drivers side window and bang the electric motor operating it went out and the window dropped into the slot and it cost $240.00 to replace it.
That's a major annoyance. I've had that happen at least a couple of times. Now I am thinking maybe I shouldn't be driving through a drive through getting coffee during the winter, when it's -40.. It's always on the driver's side. Repair bills,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics