Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:46 AM

16,771 posts, read 17,538,409 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

It's still very chilly so I'll cheer myself, and hopefully you, with some more photos of spring flowers in a moment.

I have just sorted out a vacation in the US and will be staying at a Marriott resort in September. Yesterday there was a letter from Marriott and I thought that it was info about the resort. No!

It was an invitation to take up a rewards credit card.

We have one credit card plus a back up credit card which we hardly use but it's there in case the main one has a problem.

We get inundated with credit card offers, and they go straight to the shredder.

How about you? Let us know because today's peeve is;

Want another credit card?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 AM

16,771 posts, read 17,538,409 times
Here with some shots from last spring of wallflowers;

Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 AM

21,695 posts, read 8,835,549 times
Pretty flowers, Jezer!

Those credit card offers are so annoying! Sometimes when you make a purchase they offer you a discount on the spot if you will apply for their card. I did that once at a jewelry store and then never used their card.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 AM

44,734 posts, read 61,999,629 times
We have only one credit card these days. When I was in busines I had 2 cards one for business and one for personal use.
Before I retired I use to get credit card offers weekly. But since I pay cash for most things today I guess they finally gave up on me, or else they think I'm dead now.
Some places offer an incentive to use their own card but I don't want to screw up my credit score by having a bunch of useless cards for a short period of time.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 AM

36,540 posts, read 16,125,879 times
Credit cards...ugh!! I only have 2 and no dept store cards!!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,077,971 times
What gorgeous flowers, Jezer!

On today's peeve, those types of offers go straight to my spam folder.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:25 AM

44,436 posts, read 20,213,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
We get inundated with credit card offers, and they go straight to the shredder.

How about you? Let us know because today's peeve is;

Excellent peeve, Jezer. Lately, I've been inundated with offers for new credit cards. I actually did open one account recently, though, because I got a great discount on my first purchase. I paid the balance as soon as the bill posted, so still have zero credit card bills.

I hate getting all those credit card apps in the mail. I always shred the letters.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,585,496 times
I really don't know why I keep getting offers for cards. I just graduated and don't really have an income to speak of.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 AM

24,647 posts, read 26,207,678 times

Not really, but we are considering one from USAA.

The credit card applications that seemed to show up daily in our mailbox have pretty much dried up for which I am thankful. Guess they got the message.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,890,829 times
Love the flowers and I see some of my favorites in there as well: Columbine.

We have multiple cards, but use them for specific needs. Gas has been put on a business card and general on a personal card. That is going to change however, as my business card is going to offer another 1/2 airline mile per dollar charged in the near future so I will be charging more on it and less on the personal card.

And we shred offers all the time...

Edit: All cards are paid in full every month. If we ever get to the point that we can't do this (unlikely) I'll shred all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics