Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:54 AM

719 posts, read 1,333,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Some nice places you visited Carol city? MirAmar? Did you go to Opa-locka and Overtown too? By the way most people in those neighborhoods are not hispanic immigrants.

The reason South Florida has some good neighborhoods right next to really bad neighborhoods is segregation in the South, not immigration. Many african americans moved there before segregation ended to build the train. So the coastal areas are usually upper/middle class followed by the poor areas around the train. The West side is usually Middle class and more removed from the bad areas.
HA HA HA...I Sure did, and when I was there i met Khaled and Rick Ross...jk
BUT....
Funny you say that because I found Mirimar to be a generally nice middle class area with nice homes and all...And yes, Carol City was thrown in there to let the readers know I went from day and night....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
OP,
Do you have enough answers?
Yes! More than enough

Old 04-16-2010, 04:15 PM

18 posts, read 44,561 times
I do have many friends moving from Orlando (very nice families) for a few reasons #1 jobs are rough to find and with most you need to speak spanish and some of them dont, #2 neighborhoods are changing (as many around the globe) lastly public schools are not that great here compaired to other states. Just what I have heard. I live in a great neighborhood, but many more of the families are talking about moving out of state. Sad.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie111399 View Post
I do have many friends moving from Orlando (very nice families) for a few reasons #1 jobs are rough to find and with most you need to speak spanish and some of them dont, #2 neighborhoods are changing (as many around the globe) lastly public schools are not that great here compaired to other states. Just what I have heard. I live in a great neighborhood, but many more of the families are talking about moving out of state. Sad.
where are they moving to?

Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
WoooW Enderdrift....I love how right off the bat you are READY to start talking about racism.....

I need you to first explain how my post is racist? I don't see where I was racist at all in writing my post... It seems as though you made the connection of racism in your head from your own assumptions....Read the whole context and not pieces to form your opinion. Second, Patios is broken English. Natives call it Patwa but the correct spelling is Patios...And third yes, coolie is a derogatory term in India but that is a nickname or pet name elsewhere in Caribbean countires with Indian ancestry. Just like the Term Dougla for Trinidad and Guyana and parts of Brazil mainly in Bahia....
Sorry but I think you mean patois and not patios...

Old 04-17-2010, 05:08 PM

593 posts, read 1,315,712 times
[quote=Pete C;13668151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post

No way Celebration. That will be the last place to change.
I agree, celebration has the highest % of all.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:05 PM

yea, simple typo

Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM

TN, TX and NC..housing looks better and more jobs offering better pay.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
where are they moving to?

Old 04-18-2010, 04:58 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie111399 View Post
I can def see TX --- they've weathered this recession the best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando