Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:22 PM

19 posts, read 73,024 times

Advertisements

What are safe, clean and nice places to rent apartments in Hunters Creek?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 AM

34 posts, read 102,223 times
I lived a few miles from this area for several years. I would not recommend any of the areas around Hunters Creek as being safe or nice. You may be able to find clean...

Old 05-28-2009, 11:13 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,147,343 times
Hunters Creek is a nice area to own in. I am not sure about the different properties or quality in the apartments in the area.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:38 AM

717 posts, read 2,808,386 times
Default Hunter's Creek is both NICE & SAFE

Hello...I have lived in Hunter's Creek for 5+ years now--I love it here. I don't know where the above poster lived that they felt this was not the case--but all of Hunter's Creek is a fine area to live in. Hunter's Creek is a heavily DEED RESTRICTED community of approx 25,000 residents. The homeowner's association for ALL of Hunter's Creek is extremely strict. If you park on the street overnight, don't mow your yard, dare to set your trash out too early, park a commercial vehicle overnight, don't maintain the outside of your home, and do a zillion other things against the rules you WILL get a letter telling you to correct the problem immediately. Just today our new Hunter's Creek monthly magazine was delivered to all residences in Hunter's Creek and someone in one of the "villages" has TOO MANY trees in their yard--they have to get rid of at least one more. These restrictions can seem to go overboard, but in the long-run they are what keeps Hunter's Creek looking nice. There is no such thing as a slum area inside Hunter's Creek.

As for being safe, Hunter's Creek is extremely safe when compared to other areas in Orlando. We do not have much of what one would call violent crime at all. We have a fairly heavy police patrol in our area at all times. If you have a true 911 emergency, police and fire will be there within a matter of 2-5 minutes...minor car accidents--you'll wait longer. I walk in the evening and have walked at 11pm without worry. You will see people walking in all areas of the community at most times thruout the day. The crimes which we experience are mostly what one would consider "petty crimes". There have been a lot of foreclosures--so unfortunately, the yards at those homes are not as well maintained as the community requires.

As for apartment complexes--the same rules apply to them as to individual homes. It is actually in the apartment complexes that most of the petty crime goes on. Most all of the apartment complexes have security gates, but none are 24 hr. manned by guards.

Because we have EVERYTHING right here that one could possibly need as far as shopping, dining, theater, medical, etc.--I find that I rarely leave the Hunter's Creek area. We have a huge shopping area called "The Loop" which is right on our border. This is all new within the last couple of years.

If you would like any info on any place in particular, i would be happy to help--just let me know.

Good Luck in your search.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM

5 posts, read 24,097 times
how is the high school?

Old 10-21-2009, 07:02 AM

217 posts, read 806,222 times
Yeah, not sure where FL Teacher is coming from.....But my wife and I own a home in HC, and it is a VERY nice area in which to live!

Before we bought a house there, we rented in the Osprey Links apartment complex, which is right on the golf course - and we never had a problem with crime therein. Not once.

Trust, you'll be fine.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:22 PM

34 posts, read 83,639 times
I worked at gatorland right across the street from Hunter's Creek for 6 years, and knew people who lived there. Spent lot's of time in Hunter's creek, and yes, it is a nice, clean, AND safe area to live. Whether you own a house or rent an apartment, you can't go wrong by living there.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 AM

284 posts, read 985,576 times
What are the HOA dues for the average home in HC ?

Old 01-02-2010, 07:31 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormark View Post
What are safe, clean and nice places to rent apartments in Hunters Creek?
I work at the Hunter's Creek Publix and lived in the area for a good while

I currently live in the Whisper Lakes neighborhood which is 3 miles up John Young Parkway from Hunters Creek

Almost all the neighborhoods along John Young Parkway between Central Florida Parkway and the Orange-Osceola county line are great neighborhoods that are filled with great people who are friendly and would most likely be happy to meet you.

The area is very low on crime. I know there are a lot of break ins but those seem to be exclusive to the homes in Hunter's Creek rather then the apartment complexes.

Not sure what your price range is for apartments but I would recommend the Parks at Hunter's Creek, I have a few co workers who live there and they love it. The complex is beautiful seems pretty new (I hear it was built in 2003 not sure though) and though not gated is a very safe place.

If you truly want to live a premium lifestyle you could also try Urbana which is BRAND NEW these apartments were finished in late 2008 or ealy 2009. But liek I said its a premium lifestyle there so get ready to pay a premium price

Otherwise you cannot go wrong living in the 32837 zip code which is not just Hunters creek, it includes mnay other great neighborhoods like Deerfield, Pepper and Ginger Mill, Whisper Lakes, and Sky Lake South (yes , Sky Lake South and both Mills are good neighborhoods) Falcon Trace which is pretty new, and half of Southchase is in this zip code

If you have any questions please let me know Id be more then happy to help you out! You cant go worn in this area of Orlando. Best of luck to you

Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM

43 posts, read 113,945 times
I have been looking at this area also, my DH has an interview to teach middle school next week so have been looking for neighborhoods that are family friendly.

Can someone please comment on extra costs involved, HOA, taxes, ins. in this area? I don't expect we will make any money off our present house so basically will be starting over and would like to know how much house we can afford.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando